Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Karsini wrote: »
    They’ve finally acknowledged on Facebook that 105.2 is for Clare. Possibly Maghera.

Possibly cosited with Spirit on Ben Dash. Certainly not Maghera anyway, different footprint on the ground to Maghera signals.

They could kill 3 birds with 2 stones next year by going with Ben Dash and Keeper Hill. Clare, Limerick and North Tipp/south Midlands covered with 2 TXs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Anyone else been picking up a tone on 96.0 in Dublin the last few weeks or is it just atmospherics/harmonics?

probably just some nearby interference from some piece of electronics in your house or nearby

(frequencies that are a multiple of 4MHz like 96.0 or 88.0 are more likely have such interference.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

While driving around Dundrum area yesterday, I did a bit of a bandscan. This is what I got.

FM:
    91.0 - Retro FM - more about that shortly.

91.6 - Phever FM - very good reception.

92.0 - Connect FM - reception varied between just about alright to pretty good.

107.1 - Trax FM - Like Connect FM: reception varied between just about alright to pretty good.

AM:
    1395 mhz - Energy (Power) AM - reception was really good on this occasion - practically crystal clear. Later in the evening whilst waiting to give someone a lift, I noticed it was relaying Retro FM. I discovered this when I went back to Retro FM... leading me to the following...

For the most part, Retro FM's reception was not great and could only be heard when the volume was quite high. Then, all of a sudden, around the time I noticed it was being replayed by Energy, the signal on 91.0 was superb, matching Phever on 91.6. This was not to last as it was soon back to its low signal again. What happened there??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

FLIRt (back on a silent carrier) practically being wiped out by XMAS on 106.6 today, these guys should really consider moving to a new frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Retro FM on 91.0 in Dublin were playing N-Joi radio Idents last night Thursday 14th

• Advertisement

Chill FM on 87.6 today and last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Infoanon wrote: »
    Retro FM on 91.0 in Dublin were playing N-Joi radio Idents last night Thursday 14th

it's like a dream to me there was an N-Joi radio before in dublin? or am i imagining things? the name is familiar anyway.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

it's like a dream to me there was an N-Joi radio before in dublin? or am i imagining things? the name is familiar anyway.

There was a relay many moons ago - 93.8 ?? before Energy bought the transmitter ?? from the Sandyford area IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aliveireland

Seems all stations from the North and West coming in in and around Enniscorthy today.
    No RDS on ILR's or BBC's.
    All BBC from Northern Ireland including BBC Ulster 93.1,
    Q 100.5 Newry,
    Shannonside 104.1,
    Ocean 102.5 (week but drowning out Radio Pembrokeshire!),
    Highlands 103.3 (week),
    LMFM 95.8,
    Galway Bay 96.8 (strong)
    And all National from Truskmore very strong with RDS including Today drowning out normally strong Classic FM 100.0.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Fog causing severe inversion effects in Cork/Limerick also. Limerick stations (102.7, 105.5) being wiped out in strong reception areas by Clermont Carn and 96FM 96.1 being destroyed by Midwest Radio

Also strong Xmas 103.8 from Blackstairs, Midlands 103 103.5, Galway Bay 96.8, Xmas 101.6 Cairn Hill, Shannonside 104.1, LMFM 95.8 along with national stations from Kippure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Seems all stations from the North and West coming in in and around Enniscorthy today.
    Q 100.5 Newry,
    Shannonside 104.1,
    Highlands 103.3 (week),
    LMFM 95.8,
    Galway Bay 96.8 (strong)
    And all National from Truskmore very strong with RDS including Today drowning out normally strong Classic FM 100.0.
    Q105 is frequently picked up in the extreme north of Dublin. I have picked it up in Skerries, Swords and East Meath.

marno21 wrote: »
    Sign of the success of Christmas FM that on the N21 at Barnagh near Newcastlewest I can now receive it on 8 different frequencies:

87.7 - Galway (Tonabrucky)
    88.1 - Kildare (Saggart)
    99.4 - North East (Mohercrome?)
    101.6 - North Midlands (Cairn Hill) - very strong
    103.8 - South East (Blackstairs) - heavy interference from C103 & Tipp FM
    105.0 - Kerry (Knockmoyle/Sliabh Mish)
    105.5 - Limerick (Woodcock Hill)
    106.7 - Cork (Churchfield)

Only Dublin, Bray, Wicklow, Kilkenny and Letterkenny missing.

Clare 105.2 is also on air now, and I checked again and 104.3 Kilkenny is coming in but getting overwhelmed by 4FM on 104.2 - tuning to 104.4 gives a positive result

So on the N21 at Barnagh:

87.7 - Galway
    88.1 - Kildare
    99.4 - North East
    101.6 - North Midlands
    103.8 - South East
    104.3 - Kilkenny
    105.0 - Kerry
    105.2 - Clare
    105.5 - Limerick
    106.7 - Cork

Impressive growth in a few years. 101.6 Cairn Hill seems to be particularly strong in lots of places around the south west/mid west. 103.8 would get out well too only for C103 103.7 and Tipp FM 103.9

Q 100.5 Newry,
    Shannonside 104.1,
    Highlands 103.3 (week),
    LMFM 95.8,
    Galway Bay 96.8 (strong)
    Can you get Flirt out where you are?

Why do Xmas need a TX in Kilkenny? Surely their South East transmitter would cover the area on 103.8?

Any pirate activity in Galway or Limerick at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Any pirate activity in Galway or Limerick at the moment?

not that i'm aware of.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

In West Dublin 92.00fm, FUN FM with Asia - heat of the moment, on the rds text scroll. (location now added)

ITV2 wrote: »
    92.00fm, FUN FM with Asia - heat of the moment, on the rds text scroll.

Dublin or Galway or Limerick (see posts above!) ?

92.00fm, FUN FM with Asia - heat of the moment, on the rds text scroll.

Dublin or Galway or Limerick (see posts above!) ?
    Dublin I think. Strange what type of music and signal?

No pirates in Limerick at the minute. 95% sure there's no pirates in Galway either.

Unless you count the church broadcasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

seems to be playing 80's, with poor audio. signal is strong where I am near citywest.

seems to be playing 80's, with poor audio. signal is strong where I am near citywest.
    Isn’t 92.0 Connect’s frequency? Their audio has been good up to now

Just to add to the confusion, 92.0, now possibly identifying as Fun FM, was around Leopardstown tonight outputting exactly the same as 91.0 (Retro FM - if it still is called that.)

Just to add to the confusion, 92.0, now possibly identifying as Fun FM, was around Leopardstown tonight outputting exactly the same as 91.0 (Retro FM - if it still is called that.)
    Perhaps them (Retro), Connect and Energy are merging?

Perhaps them (Retro), Connect and Energy are merging?

It looks like that now. Around the Ballinteer and Marley area this morning, I heard the same live programming on 91.0 FM, 92.0 FM and 1395kh AM. A guy announced these frequencies for Fun Radio Dublin and with a schedule of presenters for the day, including Paul who will be playing "easy love songs" - Paul Wilson of Easy Radio?? I am pretty sure that the unnamed presenter speaking was one I heard on a number of occasions on Energy Power. Incidentally, the best reception around that area was on 1395 AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, heard it live today also. 92.0 had a few minor audio dropouts, but was a lot stronger in my area compared to 91.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Have to say I would love to hear a pirate house radio station in 2018 in Dublin. The fm dial has been really quiet for about 18 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

castle2012 wrote: »
    Have to say I would love to hear a pirate house radio station in 2018 in Dublin. The fm dial has been really quiet for about 18 months now

Would that not be largely covered by some shows already on Phever?

u
    JDxtra wrote: »
    castle2012 wrote: »

Would that not be largely covered by some shows already on Phever?
    Plenty of house on Phever, although mostly deep and soulful genres. It would be nice to have Heat or Tonik back who tended to play harder stuff, would also love a rave pirate playing genres like drum & bass/jungle and hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

It may happen in 2018, Lots of us ex pirate djs have been discussing the prospect of a new professional station, lack of top of the range Tx and studio equipment isn't a problem in fact between us all we have more than enough, it's just having the time to run it, most of us are busy with our own jobs and other work and seldom find the time to meet up.

Advertisement