Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Infoanon wrote: »
    A KISS FM appeared on 99.4FM yesterday evening in the Tallaght area - it was playing 'easy' music and had RDS.

Kiss was back on the air on Monday 15th with live programming presented by Paul Wilson - reading out requests from Rathfarnham - which was unusual as reception is extremely weak there.

The transmissions were referred to as ''tests' - power was low with audio that was so so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Kiss was back on the air on Monday 15th with live programming presented by Paul Wilson - reading out requests from Rathfarnham - which was unusual as reception is extremely weak there.

The transmissions were referred to as ''tests' - power was low with audio that was so so

Fergal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Is this Mr. Paul Wilson of Easy Radio? If so, he is a busy lad. Then again, it does not sound like his type of station!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Is this Mr. Paul Wilson of Easy Radio? If so, he is a busy lad. Then again, it does not sound like his type of station!
    Paul Wilson is indeed busy of late, but it is his type of station. From info I gathered online Kiss FM 99.4 is just Easyradio again under a new name.
    This is a separate station to the other Kiss FM on 101.4 on weekend evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Paul Wilson is indeed busy of late, but it is his type of station. From info I gathered online Kiss FM 99.4 is just Easyradio again under a new name.
    This is a separate station to the other Kiss FM on 101.4 on weekend evenings.

It's all getting very confusing in pirateradioland these days! You have two stations sometimes on 105.7, you have two Kiss FMs and you have oldies stations merging and then separating again! And, of course, you have Easy Radio coming and going in various guises!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Fergal?
    Indeed it was mr o hanlan himself thanks for all the feed back lads i indeed am a buisey lad theses days kiss is not another name for easy it is a totaly diffrent adventure to easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Heard a Country and Irish station in Cavan/Virginia at the weekend. It was on 99.4FM with no RDS. No liners either, with a ‘flat’ sound. The music seemed to be playing from a ‘Winamp’ style application or iPod in that the music was random selection with no cross fade. Any ideas what this station is, history, etc?

Yeah that'd be Misty Mountain Radio. I remember hearing occasional live programmes some evenings and at the weekend in the past but not sure if it's the case nowadays. As far as I remember it switches off each year when Xmas FM is due on.

Has Dublin ever had a pirate that played drum and bass/jungle? Phever has only one show that even touches on it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Has Dublin ever had a pirate that played drum and bass/jungle? Phever has only one show that even touches on it I think

There was VIBE FM on 99.1 back around 2002 it was owned by Hot Fm who were on 99.4 FK used to operate the two stations from Ballymount Ind Estate in Dublin 12. Hot Fm was on both frequencys for several months then a seperate link was set up for VIBE FM on 99.1

Where is Connect Fm this weekend and last weekend ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the best candidate i can think of is power fm during it's fm years.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Where is Connect Fm this weekend and last weekend ?
    I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Picked up "Hot FM" on 88.1 today. They have a web site which says they are based in Co. Kildare. Seemed to have decent audio and liners from what I heard.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Picked up "Hot FM" on 88.1 today. They have a web site which says they are based in Co. Kildare. Seemed to have decent audio and liners from what I heard.
    Their stream doesn’t seem to be working for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Kiss FM Dublin (the love song one) has moved to 88.1 FM from 99.4.

Dance music on 99.5FM in Dublin tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

highly likely it's space fm as their stream is back working.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Cork’s Play 87.8FM getting out well tonight! Suspect they have increased power as they were far stronger than their neighbours 0.3MHz away on 87.5 here in West Waterford.

Picking up XFM87.6 in the midlands today, playing varied music.
    No sign of Flirt FM the last while.

Kiss Fm on 101.4fm tonight and Club90s on 99.5fm in Dublin

• Advertisement

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Kiss Fm on 101.4fm tonight and Club90s on 99.5fm in Dublin
    Is Space FM still on 99.5 also or has Club90s replaced it?

Good signal and audio on Hot FM 88.1 today, no RDS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Phever putting out a massive signal now on 91.6 - even beating Brougher Radio 3 in South Armagh

Club90s just went off air a little while ago, possibly a weekends-only station?

Strong carrier on 92.0 in Dublin.

Over the weekend in Dublin:

Chill on 87.6
    Kiss (Easy)on and off on 88.1
    Retro on 91.0 with live programming on Sunday with a relay on 1395AM on Sunday only
    club90s on 99.5
    Kiss (Dance) on 101.4
    Trax on 107.1

No Connect since Christmas and Oldies 101.2 remains off

Weak in the south west - 99.5 back on the air now

Weak in the south west - 99.5 back on the air now
    Space or Club90s? Nothing on 99.5 in Drumcondra.

DHR 104.9FM Cork appear to have departed the airwaves.

• Advertisement

Silent carrier in Kildare on 106.6FM, no sign of Hot FM.

Advertisement