Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Galaxy FM Kildare have moved to 88.0 apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Infoanon wrote: »
    Think its closer to 300 then 30 - saying that its a brilliant piece of software and used by stations for their online output.

I paid no where near 300€ and for what I have it's excellent!

Let me check what I have...

'Breakaway Audio Enhancer v1.40.03'

29.99$

https://store.claessonedwards.com/product_p/bap-003.htm

I'll mention, again this is personal use. It could make FM, as it has an FM mode, but if your running a pirate/commercial and skimping on audio equipment or using cracked software, I think the point is lost on you. (Even if you skimp on 30€ software).

When you come across a good product you'll give money, Breakaway is an excellent product, no problem giving over cash to keep these guys going.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TallGlass wrote: »
    I paid no where near 300€ and for what I have it's excellent!

Let me check what I have...

'Breakaway Audio Enhancer v1.40.03'

29.99$

https://store.claessonedwards.com/product_p/bap-003.htm

I'll mention, again this is personal use. It could make FM, as it has an FM mode, but if your running a pirate/commercial and skimping on audio equipment or using cracked software, I think the point is lost on you. (Even if you skimp on 30€ software).

When you come across a good product you'll give money, Breakaway is an excellent product, no problem giving over cash to keep these guys going.

agreed. brilliant software.
    however you couldn't use the enhancer version for fm, you would need to use the broadcast version which would be more expensive. certainly worth the money in saying that. stereo tool is also a good option all though it is more expensive again as it has more features.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

According to the BAI’s temp list Raidio Ri Ra are to be on air for this month on 105.2 in Dublin, 106.7 in Cork and 105.5 in Limerick. Autism Action are due on those same freqs in April except Limerick; Diversity Community Radio are also due on in April on 107.8 in Dublin

agreed. brilliant software.
    however you couldn't use the enhancer version for fm, you would need to use the broadcast version which would be more expensive. certainly worth the money in saying that. stereo tool is also a good option all though it is more expensive again as it has more features.

Haven't tested it on FM! But the point I was making, there is however an FM option in the software, if you want to run it FM mode, I'd imagine it's fairly basic and not designed as such but an introduction to the more high end products they have. It gives options such as [Region, Tone generator, HF EQ ~dB, HF EQ width ~ oct, MF EQ ~dB, MF Freq ~Hz, MF EQ Width ~ oct, Tilt ~ INT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The rough weather has knocked off KFM (97.6), East Coast FM (99.9) and then just today Phever (91.6) in Dublin. Phever continue online with live DJs, so fair play to them.

Any other outages around the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

[Kiss of air since yesterday with just a blank carier at the moment quote="JDxtra;106333646"]The rough weather has knocked off KFM (97.6), East Coast FM (99.9) and then just today Phever (91.6) in Dublin. Phever continue online with live DJs, so fair play to them.

Any other outages around the country?[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Pirateradiohed;106304636]According to the BAI’s temp list Raidio Ri Ra are to be on air for this month on 105.2 in Dublin, 106.7 in Cork and 105.5 in Limerick. Autism Action are due on those same freqs in April except Limerick; Diversity Community Radio are also due on in April on 107.8 in Dublin
    Autism Action? That sounds interesting. People with Asperger syndrome can tend to have interesting tastes in music, I believe.

Connect FM back on 92.0. RDS station name has changed to alternating text showing the currently playing song information.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

We'll be back very soon folks, electrical fault developed at the site yesterday. Online stream continues. Hopefully back on FM tomorrow all going well.

• Advertisement

Galaxy now on 94.3 and reverted to Hot once more.
    Country music on 88.1 in Carlow with no RDS, live DJ announced the station as Carlow FM. Redrock were on 106.0 as usual, now with on air ID’s and adverts

Trax back on air this afternoon

Trax back on air this afternoon

Wasn't on there about 30 mins ago

Wasn't on there about 30 mins ago

Indeed, I checked at around 8pm and they were off again

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

Indeed, I checked at around 8pm and they were off again
    We've suffered damage due to the recent weather. This needs to be properly repaired, so we're aiming to be back by this coming weekend.

Phever and Kiss were the only pirates on this week for the most part, Connect were on Tuesday night but just a carrier last night.

Play FM Cork are apparently planning to increase power from 2KW...to 15KW.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I don't understand this. All the commercial services in Cork city have ERPs in and around 2kW as more than that is wasted due to the terrain. Hence the need for the Cork stations to have relays in North Cork, West Cork, Youghal, Carrigaline, Kinsale, Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Clonakilty, Bantry, Millstreet, Macroom (a combination of the above varying from station to station)

Exactly. It's their site that will be the issue, not pure power. The most Red FM and 96 FM are licensed for from any of their sites is 10.

marno21 wrote: »

I don't understand this. All the commercial services in Cork city have ERPs in and around 2kW as more than that is wasted due to the terrain. Hence the need for the Cork stations to have relays in North Cork, West Cork, Youghal, Carrigaline, Kinsale, Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Clonakilty, Bantry, Millstreet, Macroom (a combination of the above varying from station to station)
    Indeed, probably one of these stations that slaps on power left, right and centre without thinking, assuming they’ll suddenly have a huge range

• Advertisement

Indeed, probably one of these stations that slaps on power left, right and centre without thinking, assuming they’ll suddenly have a huge range

They'll have something alright, a big interest from ComReg and posting power levels on a public forum is a bit of a bad move. For licence ops that fine, but for pirates I don't think it should be readily available to 'Mary in ComReg'.

They'll have something alright, a big interest from ComReg and posting power levels on a public forum is a bit of a bad move. For licence ops that fine, but for pirates I don't think it should be readily available to 'Mary in ComReg'.
    Point taken, although it was The station themselves who decided to headline it on Facebook

After yesterday's Fun, 92.0 in Dublin is now Chill. Presume it's not related to Chill 87.6.

JDxtra wrote: »
    After yesterday's Fun, 92.0 in Dublin is now Chill. Presume it's not related to Chill 87.6.
    Just to confirm, do you mean Fun returned over the weekend?

Fun was on all day yesterday. There's another thread. 92.0 is now Chill as of today.

Fun was on all day yesterday. There's another thread. 92.0 is now Chill as of today.
    Interesting thread indeed, are fun and this new Chill connected do you know? Is the music similar?

It's playing easy listening, much softer music than Fun.

It's playing easy listening, much softer music than Fun.
    Thanks, probably Kiss with yet another new name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Connect FM = Fun FM Relay = RDS stuck on Tracy Ullman they don't know = Chill (no connection to Chill FM) = Chillax

Btw rotating RDS is not a good idea.

• Advertisement

92.0 now a blank carrier with no RDS.

Advertisement