Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 80s

Retro fm on 88.1 now with a good signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Just to reiterate on the latest "oldies" development in Dublin, a station with RDS of "CHILL" was on 92.0 and "Retro Radio", as identified by the presenters, was on both 88.1 and 91.0. Every week now there is a merger or a relay!

Incidentally, 91.0 was about 30 seconds or so ahead of 88.1, so I would guess that 88.1 was a relay of Retro from 91.0. I did hear three different presenters on Retro during the course of the day (I listened fleetingly at different times!): Derek Jones, an unidentified presenter and the ubiquitous Paul Wilson.

From what I heard of Chill. it seemed to be automated, playing nondescript vaguely countryish music.

And this time Energy Power AM on 1395 was doing it's own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Just to reiterate on the latest "oldies" development in Dublin, a station with RDS of "CHILL" was on 92.0 and "Retro Radio", as identified by the presenters, was on both 88.1 and 91.0. Every week now there is a merger or a relay!

Incidentally, 91.0 was about 30 seconds or so ahead of 88.1, so I would guess that 88.1 was a relay of Retro from 91.0. I did hear three different presenters on Retro during the course of the day (I listened fleetingly at different times!): Derek Jones, an unidentified presenter and the ubiquitous Paul Wilson.

From what I heard of Chill. it seemed to be automated, playing nondescript vaguely countryish music.

And this time Energy Power AM on 1395 was doing it's own thing.
    So Chill 92 is not just Easyradio again?

So Chill 92 is not just Easyradio again?

The music that I heard was a bit different from Easy Radio or its apparent successor Kiss FM. It does not seem to be emphasizing love songs or recognoisable chart stuff. That does not mean that it is not from the same stable, so to speak!

Easy Radio is now an online station with a decent schedule of presenters and slightly different types of music, with a very impressive website. It is quite different from its pirate origins even though Paul Wilson still seems to be running the show. The station website also emphasizes charities. Yesterday, Fun Radio was being relayed on Easy Radio, as well as 88.1, 91.0, 92.0 and 1395 (AM).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Easy Radio is now an online station with a decent schedule of presenters and slightly different types of music, with a very impressive website. It is quite different from its pirate origins even though Paul Wilson still seems to be running the show. The station website also emphasizes charities. Yesterday, Fun Radio was being relayed on Easy Radio, as well as 88.1, 91.0, 92.0 and 1395 (AM).
    To me, it looked like Charity Radio had morphed into a new Easy Radio (not the same as the previous Easy Radio). Even if you look at the Charity Radio Facebook page it has been rebranded as Easy Radio.

• Advertisement

Actually, I see there was a message posted on their FB page from November 2017:

"We have now rebranded from CharityRadio to EasyRadio.ie that also means we have changed our Twitter Handle as well from @Allcharityradio to @Easyradioire. Please use our new hashtag #Easytolistento on your post, tweets Comments, and shares. Thanks, Easy Radio Team."

The FB page still has the Charity Radio handles though.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Actually, I see there was a message posted on their FB page from November 2017:

"We have now rebranded from CharityRadio to EasyRadio.ie that also means we have changed our Twitter Handle as well from @Allcharityradio to @Easyradioire. Please use our new hashtag #Easytolistento on your post, tweets Comments, and shares. Thanks, Easy Radio Team."

The FB page still has the Charity Radio handles though.

I get what you are saying and I remember Charity Radio from last year.

Do a search on google of Paul Wilson and Easyradio. You will find references by Paul Wilson to EasyRadio Ireland and that he is the owner and operator. The logo is identical on Facebook when I do those google checks. There is definitely quite an overlap. John Troy's The Lounge is mentioned in one of the searches and that is one of the programs on its schedule. As I said, it relayed Fun Radio yesterday and I heard it for myself yesterday evening doing just that!

By the way, where did I first hear Charity Radio? As a relay on Energy Power AM January of last year!

Maybe Charity Radio just bought or were given the Easyradio website by Paul Wilson? But I guess if that were the case they wouldn’t’ve relayed Fun Radio
    Edit: Easy (Charity Radio) doesn’t appear to be operated by Paul Wilson, perhaps they were another part of the merge? Wasn’t there a mention of some of these new Easy Radio presenters appearing on Fun?
    As an aside it appears Kiss FM is relaying 91FM in Dublin on its stream. In other words, a weak 2FM can be heard on their stream now, obviously they relayed Fun Radio as well when it was on or something.

Maybe Charity Radio just bought or were given the Easyradio website by Paul Wilson? But I guess if that were the case they wouldn’t’ve relayed Fun Radio
    Edit: Easy (Charity Radio) doesn’t appear to be operated by Paul Wilson, perhaps they were another part of the merge? Wasn’t there a mention of some of these new Easy Radio presenters appearing on Fun?
    As an aside it appears Kiss FM is relaying 91FM in Dublin on its stream. In other words, a weak 2FM can be heard on their stream now, obviously they relayed Fun Radio as well when it was on or something.

Paul Wilson did have the Easy Radio website, but maybe he does not anymore. However, as you say, why would they be relaying a temporarily merged set of pirate stations called Fun Radio, most of which, by the way. had connections to Paul Wilson!? 88.1, which was used by Kiss FM (and may not be anymore!), did broadcast today as Retro Radio (apparently a relay), which is on 91.0. Yes, that was one of the multiple frequencies relaying Fun Radio yesterday. In relation to the Easy presenters, I'm sure I heard one of them, Aaron Hughes, make reference to Fun Radio at 9pm. As I was listening online at that stage, I could not be sure that it was still being broadcast by the other means at that stage. Paul Murray, who I have now discovered is an Energy presenter, was on immediately before him and he mentioned all the different ways of hearing Fun Radio, which was still happening at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

The music that I heard was a bit different from Easy Radio or its apparent successor Kiss FM. It does not seem to be emphasizing love songs or recognoisable chart stuff. That does not mean that it is not from the same stable, so to speak!

only going to mention this once not going to repeat it anymore i have no dealings with easyradio the company which it was up to last year has since changed hands to another organisation im just getting sick of all the questions and assumptions as to what i am behind and what i run end of subject

• Advertisement

paulwilson wrote: »
    only going to mention this once not going to repeat it anymore i have no dealings with easyradio the company which it was up to last year has since changed hands to another organisation im just getting sick of all the questions and assumptions as to what i am behind and what i run end of subject

Point taken. Sorry about the assumptions that I contributed to. I promise to be more careful about what I say in future. Thanks for the clarification.

Then this is the situation ina nutshell: Connect, Retro, Energy and Easyradio (under new ownership) all collaborated to form what was Fun Radio on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Then this is the situation ina nutshell: Connect, Retro, Energy and Easyradio (under new ownership) all collaborated to form what was Fun Radio on Saturday
    to correct the above statement connect/retro/energy/kiss all came together to form fun radio im sure their is a statement some were here explaining what the station was all about easyradio as you all no is an online station only so it was not on the FM band for the broadcast

Galaxy FM Kildare have been off air the last while. A station I have picked up once or twice in Carlow on 93.7 has returned. No RDS but I believe there was an ID at one point but the station was too weak for me to catch it at the time

A station called Empire apparently being picked up in Carlow/Kildare on 108.0FM

Could someone tell me what the current dance pirate scene is around the country at the moment? I think Phever is the only one in Dublin that I am aware of currently broadcasting (on 91.6). Trax is still off on 107.1. Unless of course the dance pirate from west Dublin called Kiss FM is still on 101.4 - can't pick it up around my area. I take it that some or all or all of the pirates in Cork are dance pirates - which ones? Maybe, the ones around Carlow and Kildare, such as Empire and Galaxy? What about the rest of the country?

Could someone tell me what the current dance pirate scene is around the country at the moment? I think Phever is the only one in Dublin that I am aware of currently broadcasting (on 91.6). Trax is still off on 107.1. Unless of course the dance pirate from west Dublin called Kiss FM is still on 101.4 - can't pick it up around my area. I take it that some or all or all of the pirates in Cork are dance pirates - which ones? Maybe, the ones around Carlow and Kildare, such as Empire and Galaxy? What about the rest of the country?
    Dance pirates (excluding ones that play other genres as well) that I know of include:
    87.8 Play FM (Cork)
    87.8 True Radio (Cork)
    91.6 Phever (Dublin)
    101.4 Kiss (Dublin)
    104.8 Beat (Tralee, Co Kerry)
    105.7 RetroNow (Meath)
    106.6 Flirt (Laois)
    Then there are pirates like Storm NE 104.2 in Louth, Chill FM 87.6 in Dublin, Klub FM 87.5 in Cork and OpenTempoFM 105.1 in Waterford who feature dance music but play other types of music as well.
    I’m not quite sure what Empire play - I haven’t heard the station myself - but I’m pretty sure it was playing dance music or similar when it was picked up.

Carrier back on 107.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Carrier back on 107.1
    Most probably trax coming back on

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

castle2012 wrote: »
    Most probably trax coming back on

...and we're back! :)

• Advertisement

Blank carrier on 99.5 in Dublin at the moment.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Blank carrier on 99.5 in Dublin at the moment.
    Space FM (again) most likely

Space FN now Fresh FM on99.5, still playing the same hour-long playlist

Lots of church TX’s on tonight. Heard one on 107.0 in Carlow, and several in Kilkenny - 106.5, 106.8 and 107.9

Dublin scan tonight
    87.6 Chill FM
    91.6 Phever
    92.0 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh FM
    107.1 Trax
    1395 Energy

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Blank carrier on 104.7 in New Ross and a station playing oldies on 105.4.

Community Radio Youghal finally have RDS now on 104.0 - not sure how long with

87.5 Klub sounding top notch and station on 87.8 with no RDS in Cork

marno21 wrote: »
    Blank carrier on 104.7 in New Ross and a station playing oldies on 105.4.

Community Radio Youghal finally have RDS now on 104.0 - not sure how long with

87.5 Klub sounding top notch and station on 87.8 with no RDS in Cork
    CRY have RDS with a while now, Play is the station in Cork on 87.8- OK in most of the city and East Cork
    Cheers for the New Ross report, didn’t think there were any pirates in Wexford. Do you happen to know if these are New stations or there a while

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i think the oldies station has been going quite a number of years but there is nothing online to confirm for definite.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

CRY have RDS with a while now, Play is the station in Cork on 87.8- OK in most of the city and East Cork
    Cheers for the New Ross report, didn’t think there were any pirates in Wexford. Do you happen to know if these are New stations or there a while

Haven't checked CRY in a few years so makes sense.

87.8 had no RDS coming down the hill on the N71 by Spur Hill, but I checked in the city and it had the RDS PLAY 878

No idea, haven't ever checked in New Ross before. There doesn't seem to be anything on air in Waterford.

• Advertisement

OpenTempo 105.1 is still on in Waterford, Wednesday to Sunday

Advertisement