Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

SoulCity claim to be covering the nation on AM, how much truth there is in that I don’t know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,006 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

According to the BAI’s temp list Raidio Ri Ra are to be on air for this month on 105.2 in Dublin, 106.7 in Cork and 105.5 in Limerick. Autism Action are due on those same freqs in April except Limerick; Diversity Community Radio are also due on in April on 107.8 in Dublin

AUTISM is on the RDS on my car radio in Dundalk on 105.2. Not strong. Only heard music, and some breaks in transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

106.6 - Flirt FM, absolutely perfect on car radio between Loughrea and Lucan - thats a hell of a stretch, must be a combination of height and power. Only lost it because of the appearance of a new relay of Sunshine Radio on 106.6 from Balbriggan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

AUTISM is on the RDS on my car radio in Dundalk on 105.2. Not strong. Only heard music, and some breaks in transmission.

My mate DJ Bambi will be on it tomorrow afternoon just to let you know

Aside from SoulCity’s interesting and professional broadcasts over the weekend, what’s the situation with the other intermittent pirates in Dublin? Any appearance by the likes of Retro or Connect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Aside from SoulCity’s interesting and professional broadcasts over the weekend, what’s the situation with the other intermittent pirates in Dublin? Any appearance by the likes of Retro or Connect?

Retro on all weekend on 92.0 (and this evening but with no RDS), Trax continue on 107.1 and Fresh have been on mainly with a blank carrier on 99.5.

marno21 wrote: »
    Blank carrier on 104.7 in New Ross and a station playing oldies on 105.4.

Community Radio Youghal finally have RDS now on 104.0 - not sure how long with

87.5 Klub sounding top notch and station on 87.8 with no RDS in Cork
    Was passing through New Ross the other day and the situation was the same. The oldies station was overmodulating on 105.4, and a Google search revealed that the TX on 104.7 which was still on but silent when I was in the area transmits the daily mass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Something called "HELLO!" has appeared in Dublin on 93.2.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Do you happen to know what music it was playing?

80s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Just switched from Energy 1395 ( sounding good in town BTW ) the station is showing ID of Hello! , lets hope its not aliens we are observing your earth !!!
    Anyway audio is good but a little low and its looks like they have a presenter on air don't know if its live or recorded ?

Strong signal in town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

80s.
    SATNAV wrote: »
    Just switched from Energy 1395 ( sounding good in town BTW ) the station is showing ID of Hello! , lets hope its not aliens we are observing your earth !!!
    Anyway audio is good but a little low and its looks like they have a presenter on air don't know if its live or recorded ?

Strong signal in town

Would this be connected to any of the recent non-dance players on the Dublin scene, for example oldies stations? I wonder is this going to be another joint venture / multiple-frequency situation, something which seems to be becoming more commonplace since last December? Or are we talking about yet another oldies '80s entrant to the airwaves? Either way, it's most fascinating what has been going on of late.

Strong signal in town
    Aliens? Like Energy106? :D
    https://youtu.be/LmjmNlUzUI0

80s.

Strong signal in town

Would this be connected to any of the recent non-dance players on the Dublin scene, for example oldies stations? I wonder is this going to be another joint venture / multiple-frequency situation, something which seems to be becoming more commonplace since last December? Or are we talking about yet another oldies '80s entrant to the airwaves? Either way, it's most fascinating what has been going on of late.
    Most likely another attempt at a merge of sorts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

does any one know the station on 101.2 plays dance it was comeing in and out qradio then got better covagve

Mr Snow wrote: »
    does any one know the station on 101.2 plays dance it was comeing in and out qradio then got better covagve
    I assume you’re talking about a Dublin station? If so it might be Kiss FM, they’re always up and down that part of the band apparently

Nothing on 93.2 tonight, in Clondalkin at least

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Nothing on 93.2 tonight, in Clondalkin at least

Kiss Fm were on 101.4 on Friday night, there's a lot of lp operators in Dublin who sometimes merge at weekends, we all know each other and often plan ahead of these broadcasts. It's just a bit of Fun for the Anoraks and a chance to play great music that the legals don't.

Have to say the music on Fresh FM (the FM feed, which for some reason doesn’t match the stream) has improved dramatically over the last week or two, much more extensive playlist than they had originally

Anyone have a link to Fresh’s Facebook?

• Advertisement

Anyone have a link to Fresh’s Facebook?

They don't have one.

In Dublin, 93.2 is active again - had the RDS of "HELLO!" earlier playing 80s music and idents for "The Cube". It's now back on a carrier.

Update: they have a FB page saying the are "coming soon" as Cube FM with "80s and more".

Carrier on 94.3 in Dublin

Ballyfermot college.

Ballyfermot college.
    I thought it might be them, but in Drumcondra?

I thought it might be them, but in Drumcondra?

Well, they are due on this frequency this month. Not sure how far their signal normally goes. I can just about get it in Leixlip also.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Well, they are due on this frequency this month. Not sure how far their signal normally goes. I can just about get it in Leixlip also.

they get out quite far i believe.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Heard Cube FM/Hello’s carrier earlier today, sounded pretty strong for a pirate

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Heard Cube FM/Hello’s carrier earlier today, sounded pretty strong for a pirate

Kiss on 101.4 tonight

• Advertisement

Any update on the carrier on 93.2?

Advertisement