Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

JDxtra wrote: »
    Any updated plans or a timeline for 88.1?

June Bank Holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

88.1 Carrier now off air since 12 approx. - as an aside having a carrier on while it secures a frequency also leaves the TX open to seizure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Infoanon wrote: »
    88.1 Carrier now off air since 12 approx. - as an aside having a carrier on while it secures a frequency also leaves the TX open to seizure.
    Indeed, especially if it’s a certain station whose existence made the legals feel jeopardised in the past

Carrier back on 88.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Any updated plans or a timeline for 88.1?

June Bank Holiday weekend.
    Well the best of luck with. We have been lacking a few good pirates in Dublin. Great to hear this Hope its as good as the last great pirate which was 88.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Carrier back on 88.1

Carrier goes on, carrier goes off. The cycle continues. :)
    Infoanon wrote: »

That would be painful, to lose a site and gear before it even got on the air.

But this raises an interesting point - is an occasional carrier with no ID sufficient to "hold" a frequency in the unwritten rule book of operators? Not everybody reads Boards.ie so other potential operators may not know that something was planning to launch there in the coming weeks.

88.1 is probably the last sensible free frequency left in Dublin, so it would be sought after.

Chill FM back on 87.6 this evening in Dublin after a bit of an absence.

But this raises an interesting point - is an occasional carrier with no ID sufficient to "hold" a frequency in the unwritten rule book of operators? Not everybody reads Boards.ie so other potential operators may not know that something was planning to launch there in the coming weeks.

88.1 is probably the last sensible free frequency left in Dublin, so it would be sought after.

A powerful signal / carrier is sufficient to "hold" a frequency, 88.1 is a strong TX so its unlikely that any other operator would try and use it at the moment - compare that to eg the low power stations battling over 105.7

The only issue with 88.1 is its a Christmas FM frequency come November

Today's updates: 88.1 carrier was off then on again, 99.5 (Fresh) was on a carrier but is now off air, and 87.6 Chill FM have been on all day (unusual). Phever and Trax continue as normal.

Fresh FM back on with a carrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Nice signal from "Energy 215 medium wave" on 1395khz this evening on the West Wales coast.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭turbocab

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Nice signal from "Energy 215 medium wave" on 1395khz this evening on the West Wales coast.
    Regards

thanks oscarziggy more antenna improvements to come over the summer,if we can only get that savage low bass that
    your friends on 1368khz from IOM.they keep us on our toes, best sounding AM tx bar none

turbocab wrote: »
    thanks oscarziggy more antenna improvements to come over the summer,if we can only get that savage low bass that
    your friends on 1368khz from IOM.they keep us on our toes, best sounding AM tx bar none

Happy Nova day, blow your car horn long and loud at 6pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Happy Nova day, blow your car horn long and loud at 6pm today.
    Sorry, but I'll be nowhere near a car at 6pm as I'll be downing a Guinness or 2 at the local boat club staring out at the Irish Sea -- or even on it !
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Sorry, but I'll be nowhere near a car at 6pm as I'll be downing a Guinness or 2 at the local boat club staring out at the Irish Sea -- or even on it !
    Regards

Are you getting any unusual/distant Irish FM stations in the past couple of days over there, considering current atmospheric conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Alot of radio activity around dublin yesterday blank cariers 88.1-94.3-99.1 any ideas anyone ? This was saturday evening

paulwilson wrote: »
    Alot of radio activity around dublin yesterday blank cariers 88.1-94.3-99.1 any ideas anyone ? This was saturday evening
    Usually when there’s a carrier on 99.1, it’s IT Tallaght’s TX, I have no idea about 94.3 and 88.1 is probably this new station which is apparently meant to launch June bank holiday weekend

Usually when there’s a carrier on 99.1, it’s IT Tallaght’s TX, I have no idea about 94.3 and 88.1 is probably this new station which is apparently meant to launch June bank holiday weekend

It's not ITT FM, much stronger rds reads TEST 1, could be a second tx for the new Super Pirate that's about to launch.

The last pirate I remember using 99.1 was the dance station NRG FM.

Do we know if this new planned pirate is a short term bit of 'fun', or something a bit longer lasting?

The last pirate I remember using 99.1 was the dance station NRG FM.

Do we know if this new planned pirate is a short term bit of 'fun', or something a bit longer lasting?
    Thought it might be Nineties or them coming back

• Advertisement

It's not ITT FM, much stronger rds reads TEST 1, could be a second tx for the new Super Pirate that's about to launch.

No pirate - super or otherwise would run a second tx these days imho - then again I would not suggest running a blank carrier for weeks either

Any ID on 94.3 yet?

99.1 now has RDS for "KISS FM".

Probably the same Kiss Fm that was on 88.1 a few weeks ago, which was playing lovesongs and Easy music.

Probably the same Kiss Fm that was on 88.1 a few weeks ago, which was playing lovesongs and Easy music.
    @paulwilson Can you confirm whether this is the case or not?

@paulwilson Can you confirm whether this is the case or not?

Am not sure yet, haven't looked into it fully at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

99.1 flashed up as fun fm in the car before changing to kiss.

RXTX wrote: »
    99.1 flashed up as fun fm in the car before changing to kiss.

Well, that says a lot so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Could be just a common PI in use (0000 or similar) or a second hand RDS encoder.

Same thing happens with the temporary stations especially if presetted (put on 106.7 in Cork and if you had Christmas FM preseted it changes from XMAS to 8Radio).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

i would agree if it was 0000 but i just checked and the PI is 9940.

Advertisement