Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

I believe the Kiss FM TX was used to relay Fun FM when it was on

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

I believe the Kiss FM TX was used to relay Fun FM when it was on

Alot of gear has been sold off lately and changed hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Rock Solid wrote: »
    JDxtra wrote: »
    99.1 now has RDS for "KISS FM".

Probably the same Kiss Fm that was on 88.1 a few weeks ago, which was playing lovesongs and Easy music.
    @paulwilson Can you confirm whether this is the case or not?
    For dead cert i can comfirm it is not me or anything to do with me rumor has it that it is a dance station something im not fond of

Any update on the carriers i.e. 88.1/94.3/99.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I'm not getting any carrier on 94.3. It may be off, on low power or just not stretching out that far.

No changes to the other two carriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I'm not getting any carrier on 94.3. It may be off, on low power or just not stretching out that far.

94.3 carrier is off air - it was low power but audible on a car radio.

99.1 - RDS for Kiss FM

88.1 - all to be revealed on the Bank Holiday weekend

Others - 87.6 Chill continues to make random appearances at all times of the day,91.6 Phever strong signal,92 Retro much reduced power on Sunday, Passion FM,93.2 Cube off air since Sunday - audio very scratchy,low power signal on 94.3,dance music so possibly Passion FM ,99.0 low power relay of Absolutes 80, 99.5 Fresh FM, 105.7 No.1 FM low power relay,107.1 - medium power but excellent audio

Infoanon wrote: »

94.3 carrier is off air - it was low power but audible on a car radio.

99.1 - RDS for Kiss FM

88.1 - all to be revealed on the Bank Holiday weekend

Others - 87.6 Chill continues to make random appearances at all times of the day,91.6 Phever strong signal,92 Retro much reduced power on Sunday, Passion FM,93.2 Cube off air since Sunday - audio very scratchy,low power signal on 94.3,dance music so possibly Passion FM ,/quote)
    Where are you picking Passion FM up?

Where are you picking Passion FM up?

South West - very patchy making a Mountain site unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

107.1 - medium power but excellent audio
    :) Cheers! Equipment has been ordered for a power increase, so standby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

TraxDublin wrote: »
    107.1 - medium power but excellent audio
    :) Cheers! Equipment has been ordered for a power increase, so standby!
    Yes have to say drove through Dublin yesterday and the audio quality is excellent, best I've heard . Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement

Nothing on 88.1 or 94.3 in Drumcondra last night and just Lyric on 99.1

Nothing on 88.1 or 94.3 in Drumcondra last night and just Lyric on 99.1
    That would likely be from RTE Lyric on 99.2. It comes from Mount Leinster at 200kW.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

That would likely be from RTE Lyric on 99.2. It comes from Mount Leinster at 200kW.

99.2 from Mount Leinster is 100kW. Given Mt Leinster's height and proximity to the UK it is restricted

Lyric on 99.1 in Drumcondra is from Greystones, 99.2 would struggle to make it through the mountians

I'm out in Leixlip, 99.2 loud and clear. Wasn't aware of the Greystones relay. Cheers!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I'm out in Leixlip, 99.2 loud and clear. Wasn't aware of the Greystones relay. Cheers!

As soon as you clear the Dublin Mountains going west Mt Leinster booms in, across most of Meath and Kildare, and further west too. 102.0 Beat has huge coverage outside its area. I can receive it here in Kerry

Hot Fm are due to return Bank Holiday weekend not sure of the Frequency, could be 99.1 or 94.3 so a very exciting weekend ahead ! Check FB Hot Fm Dublin.

KISS FM on 101.2 in Dublin playing dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Hot Fm are due to return Bank Holiday weekend not sure of the Frequency, could be 99.1 or 94.3 so a very exciting weekend ahead ! Check FB Hot Fm Dublin.
    That's a blast from the past. Wonder how long they'll last this time

castle2012 wrote: »
    That's a blast from the past. Wonder how long they'll last this time

HOT was on air for a long time in their original incarnation with multiple TXs.
    15 years since the big raids though to be accurate Frank Kennedy had sold the station before 'black Tuesday'. There was a short lived City FM that rose form the ashes iirc

Was up the North last week and it was refreshing to see the TA feature still in use with Radio 1 switching over to 94.5 for traffic info

Are any stations in the south still using TA? RedFM and Live95 did but unsure if they still are

• Advertisement

Kiss FM on 101.2 in West Dublin, not sure if it’s the same one that was on 101.4
    Edit: apologies, did not see JDxtra’s earlier post about the station which basically matches this one

Kiss FM on 101.2 in West Dublin, not sure if it’s the same one that was on 101.4

Not the same operator as 101.4 There could be two Kiss Fm stations on 101.2 and 101.5

Hot FM Kildare relaying Storm North East

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

HOT was on air for a long time in their original incarnation with multiple TXs.
    15 years since the big raids though to be accurate Frank Kennedy had sold the station before 'black Tuesday'. There was a short lived City FM that rose form the ashes iirc

if i remember rightly hot did return later on and closed in 2004. was Frank Kennedy not involved until the end? i thought him leaving ireland was the reason for the end of the station?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Hot FM Kildare relaying Storm North East

What's that frequency?

if i remember rightly hot did return later on and closed in 2004. was Frank Kennedy not involved until the end? i thought him leaving ireland was the reason for the end of the station?

I am open to correction but I believe Frank Kennedy sold the stations lock stock and barrel before black Tuesday

What's that frequency?

Not the same operator as 101.4 There could be two Kiss Fm stations on 101.2 and 101.5

Isn't Q102 also on 101.5 in Balbriggan?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I am open to correction but I believe Frank Kennedy sold the stations lock stock and barrel before black Tuesday

ah i see.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

There's a lot happening on the band in Dublin. Note the frequencies below are allocated to upcoming temporary stations. Temp stations can sometimes do tests in advance of the allocated dates.

International Bible Students Association - Citywest - Mid July 2018

87.7, 89.3, 91.5, 92.1, 93.7, 94.3, 95.9, 97.4, 98.9, 99.5, 101.1, 105.2, 107.4 & 107.8
    International Eucharistic Congress - Various Dublin locations - Mid to end August 2018

Advertisement