Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Is the Kiss FM on 101.2 the same one that was on 99.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Is the Kiss FM on 101.2 the same one that was on 99.1?
    Yes, it appears so.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Kiss fm 101.2 sounding very well in south dublin not a crack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    There's a lot happening on the band in Dublin. Note the frequencies below are allocated to upcoming temporary stations. Temp stations can sometimes do tests in advance of the allocated dates.

International Bible Students Association - Citywest - Mid July 2018

87.7, 89.3, 91.5, 92.1, 93.7, 94.3, 95.9, 97.4, 98.9, 99.5, 101.1, 105.2, 107.4 & 107.8
    International Eucharistic Congress - Various Dublin locations - Mid to end August 2018

Are all those frequencies for Dublin? A lot of the above are .2 from high power transmitters

Infoanon wrote: »
    Are all those frequencies for Dublin? A lot of the above are .2 from high power transmitters

Yes - all Dublin. Probably for some sort of low height broadcast across various venues is my guess. Should be fine as they don't have to travel far.

• Advertisement

Yes - all Dublin. Probably for some sort of low height broadcast across various venues is my guess. Should be fine as they don't have to travel far.

Thanks - they won't travel far ! Just shows how many frequencies can be conjured up when required

As an aside very few temps do any testing - test days are counted as on air days and the bai take a very dim view of switching on outside the agreed dates

Thanks - they won't travel far ! Just shows how many frequencies can be conjured up when required

As an aside very few temps do any testing - test days are counted as on air days and the bai take a very dim view of switching on outside the agreed dates

True, but some of these are likely low power - apart from the usual ones (94.3, 99.5, 105.2 & 107.8) they would not be suitable for city wide coverage.

The congress is on from August 22nd. They can use these frequencies from "mid-August" - which should allow them enough time for testing I guess. The event has high visibility though, so caution required!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Jesus Dublin is badly stuck for frequencies.

87.7, 89.3, 91.5, 92.1, 93.7, 94.3, 95.9, 97.4, 98.9, 99.5, 101.1, 105.2, 107.4 & 107.8

89.3/91.5/93.7/98.9/101.1 are 0.2 away from the highest power transmitter in the Dublin area. 97.4/107.4 are 0.2 away from Saggart frequencies. 95.9 is 0.1 away from LMFM 95.8. Could be some questionable interference but there isn't really any alternatives.

marno21 wrote: »
    Jesus Dublin is badly stuck for frequencies.

87.7, 89.3, 91.5, 92.1, 93.7, 94.3, 95.9, 97.4, 98.9, 99.5, 101.1, 105.2, 107.4 & 107.8.

Opposite actually - there are at least 10 frequencies that can be used for city wide transmissions and have been licenced in the past - 87.6/88.1/92.1/94.3/97.3/99.1/99.5/105.2/107.3/107.8 not to mention 91.6/96.0/101.2/102.5/102.9 (the latter 2 low power Dublin City ).

Maybe I’m totally missing the point here but:
    1. Why do they wish to broadcast on FM to the grounds of a whole load of venues?
    2. Most of the venues they’re broadcasting two are quite far apart, are they really that concerned that these transmitters might interfere with each other that they have to use all of the above frequencies?

• Advertisement

Kiss fm 101.2 sounding very well in south dublin not a crack

Kiss FM sounding very good this morning on 101.2 - probably a better option to 99.1

Hot FM Dublin’s Facebook mentions the involvement of DJ Fabio in the station, this surely isn’t Fabio the london drum n bass DJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Hot FM Dublin’s Facebook mentions the involvement of DJ Fabio in the station, this surely isn’t Fabio the london drum n bass DJ?

no . a different fabio.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Their Facebook page is also promoting an event in Club M that afaik is a Trax event and the FB page mentions a live broadcast

Their Facebook page is also promoting an event in Club M that afaik is a Trax event and the FB page mentions a live broadcast

Frank Kennedy did a sort of teaser broadcast

as far as i know that event isn't a trax event but is simply being advertised by them. open to correction but that's my understanding of it.

as far as i know that event isn't a trax event but is simply being advertised by them. open to correction but that's my understanding of it.
    Agreed as Phever were advertising an event for the same crowd a couple of months back

Theres a TRAX logo on the advertisement banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

Yes, we're happy to help promote this event for the 'Back To The Oldskool' team. It's not our own event, but it fits in with our music policy - so there's a bit of cross promotion there. You may see the event advertised on other pages and platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Well have to say it's great to see the Dublin airwaves filling up with variety for a change. It's been long over due. Pirate radio had been quiet for a long time

• Advertisement

Kiss FM sounding very good this morning on 101.2 - probably a better option to 99.1
    Sounding good in South dublin west dublin not geting out to far in finglas to day and a bit crackly also out at the airport and it was near gone altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Shíte coverage in naas for some reason :(

Shíte coverage in naas for some reason :(
    I remember you saying it was clear in Naas a while back, so they must be on lower power or changed site

I remember you saying it was clear in Naas a while back, so they must be on lower power or changed site

I suspect there are 2 stations using 94.3 - Passion and the far stronger unid blank carrier

Kiss 101.2 coverage drops off badly in Dublin South East btw

does kiss 101.2 have any kind of web presence does anyone know?

Kiss fm 101.2 just gone off air there now last 10 mins

no not that can see myself

Not that I can locate

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Not that I can locate

Kiss 101.5 was on last night. They have Jingles sometimes rds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

94.3 is showing Phever in the car in naas today but no signal.

Advertisement