Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

94.3 is showing Phever in the car in naas today but no signal.

Are they moving frequency or are they still on 91.6 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Are they moving frequency or are they still on 91.6 as well?

Still on 91.6 today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Unlikely Phever are moving in my opinion, they are well established where they are. Probably some anomaly (like another operator with the same RDS code) or even unofficial relay maybe?

What's with all the carriers though? Strong carriers on 88.1, 94.3 and 101.2 today in Dublin. I also heard professional sounding live programming on 92.0 this evening.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Unlikely Phever are moving in my opinion, they are well established where they are. Probably some anomaly (like another operator with the same RDS code) or even unofficial relay maybe?
    Maybe Phever have sold one of their old TX’s to the new station and Phever is coming up on the RDS?

• Advertisement

There's Hot FM Kildare on 94.3 (with their own RDS), and then there's a carrier across Dublin on 94.3 (with no RDS). So, I can't explain for sure what was picked up in Naas earlier.

Dublin today
    87.6 Chill FM
    91.6 Phever (FM having audio issues, stream is fine
    99.5 Fresh FM
    101.2 carrier
    107.1 Trax

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

What's with all the carriers though? Strong carriers on 88.1, 94.3 and 101.2 today in Dublin. I also heard professional sounding live programming on 92.0 this evening.
    very good question i would love to know the answer to that myself carrier on 101.2 is kiss Fm still showing rds as kiss fm for me now 88.1 has been on and off carrier all week last week on today when i looked 94.3 i think is hot fm but i could me far worng time is going to tell

very good question i would love to know the answer to that myself carrier on 101.2 is kiss Fm still showing rds as kiss fm for me now 88.1 has been on and off carrier all week last week on today when i looked 94.3 i think is hot fm but i could me far worng time is going to tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

88.1fm is a very strong blank carrier. It picking up as far north as South drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

87.7, 89.3, 91.5, 92.1, 93.7, 94.3, 95.9, 97.4, 98.9, 99.5, 101.1, 105.2, 107.4 & 107.8
    International Eucharistic Congress - Various Dublin locations - Mid to end August 2018

Its NOT the 'International Eucharistic Congress' but the Catholic church's 'World Meeting of Families' 21-26 August , (including the Pope's visit)

It has a website
    https://www.worldmeeting2018.ie/en/
    but it doesn't appear (so far) to say anything about any radio or audio distribution services.

The 'International Eucharistic Congress' happened in Dublin in 2012 (and not again anytime soon) , the previous time was way back in 1932 when incidentally the first high-power MW/AM transmitter in Ireland (at Athlone) was rushed into service ahead of schedule to broadcast it nationwide and beyond.
    marno21 wrote: »
    89.3/91.5/93.7/98.9/101.1 are 0.2 away from the highest power transmitter in the Dublin area. 97.4/107.4 are 0.2 away from Saggart frequencies. 95.9 is 0.1 away from LMFM 95.8

Wouldn't matter if the above frequencies are just for reception within the venues of Croke Park or the RDS , (for I assume translation services into other languages).
    Three Rock rather than Kippure would be the dominant national signals around the venues

It's the BAI that called it that, so I guess they have the event name wrong. I'm not really versed on such things.

Yes, 88.1 has good wide coverage. Nothing ever appeared on it and the carrier is off now.

castle2012 wrote: »
    88.1fm is a very strong blank carrier. It picking up as far north as South drogheda

88.1 Fm gets out well but sounds like big power behind it i wonder when our questions are going to be answered or if anyone has any insight into what station this could be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Would be hilarious if some of these where legal transmissions, 99.1 had a blank carrier on for a short time this evening (not Kiss FM )

Infoanon wrote: »
    Would be hilarious if some of these where legal transmissions, 99.1 had a blank carrier on for a short time this evening (not Kiss FM )
    Could possibly be legals doing tests. Other than that there's a huge amount of pirates about to start

88.1 Fm gets out well but sounds like big power behind it i wonder when our questions are going to be answered or if anyone has any insight into what station this could be

Guessing it’s Hot FM, nothing on 88.1 or 94.3 last night or today, the only carrier audible here is 101.2

All gone quiet again. Not picking up any carriers this evening in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Guessing it’s Hot FM, nothing on 88.1 or 94.3 last night or today, the only carrier audible here is 101.2

88.1 Should be live this weekend, the return of a well known station that rocked the legals before. Hot Fm will be testing in a few weeks, current carriers are not Hot Fm. Frequency 105.7 is being considered.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    88.1 Should be live this weekend, the return of a well known station that rocked the legals before. Hot Fm will be testing in a few weeks, current carriers are not Hot Fm. Frequency 105.7 is being considered.

Only one station springs to mind the rocked the legals in the last few years if its the same station i cant wait to hear them on

• Advertisement

Kiss FM now on 93.2

Kiss fm audio back on 101.2

Kiss fm on 93.2fm Dublin. Strong carrier with dance music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

why a station that rocked the legals want to come back? There are reasons they were rocked off the air first time round. leave history as history and move on.

Band is starting to fill up again. Phever, Kiss, Fresh and Trax all on today.

RXTX wrote: »
    why a station that rocked the legals want to come back? There are reasons they were rocked off the air first time round. leave history as history and move on.
    If it's the same station. I think it is why not come back I think it's completely wrong to think leave history as history because you can always make new history if it's the same station as I say will love to hear them back on the air as they sounded so professional we'll just have to wait and see I suppose but on the fact of
    The band filling back up again I have a strange feeling that there is going to be a bit of activity from comreg in so distant future if it keeps going the way it is with a lot coming on in the past while and would a lot of promotion with Hot FM and it's f k somebody has to be watching just my take on the whole thing

RXTX wrote: »
    If it's the same station. I think it is why not come back I think it's completely wrong to think leave history as history because you can always make new history if it's the same station as I say will love to hear them back on the air as they sounded so professional we'll just have to wait and see I suppose but on the fact of
    The band filling back up again I have a strange feeling that there is going to be a bit of activity from comreg in so distant future if it keeps going the way it is with a lot coming on in the past while and would a lot of promotion with Hot FM and it's f k somebody has to be watching just my take on the whole thing

Audio now on 94.3 - basic audio no processing - no rds - possibly a college station?

Fresh 99.5 are/where broadcasting a BBC produced documentary on pirate radio in the UK in the late 80s/90s (started at 1pm)

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Audio now on 94.3 - basic audio no processing - no rds - possibly a college station?
    No college stations licensed to be on air in Dublin at the moment as far as I know. What music is/was it playing?

Advertisement