Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

castle2012 wrote: »
    I'm living up in East meath. Phever coming in well. Very little breaks. Hot fm not great with many breaks

There was also a station on 105.7 with a strong signal no rds on the north side - gets wiped around Dublin west by the 2 stations on that frequently.

Kiss was off air last night with Fresh on a blank carrier,HOT sounding good and strong on 94.3 ,Nineties audio over modulated (and over processed imho) on 88.1

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Infoanon wrote: »
    There was also a station on 105.7 with a strong signal no rds on the north side - gets wiped around Dublin west by the 2 stations on that frequently.

Kiss was off air last night with Fresh on a blank carrier,HOT sounding good and strong on 94.3 ,Nineties audio over modulated (and over processed imho) on 88.1
    I was listening Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday and all audio sounded top-notch I really don't understand this point about 90s there audio was sounding better than most for the weekend as far as I could hear

I was listening Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday and all audio sounded top-notch I really don't understand this point about 90s there audio was sounding better than most for the weekend as far as I could hear

Audio was not good last night when I was listening - high frequencies where distorted,low range was ok,simply over processed imho

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

96FM unlistenable in North Cork earlier today due to something strong (and Iberian) on 96.1MHz, between 9 and 10. Quite a lot of activity across the band also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Non-Stop Nineties’ stream is on but silent, no idea about FM.

• Advertisement

Non-Stop Nineties’ stream is on but silent, no idea about FM.

All Dublin pirates are off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

All dublin pirates of due to comraid activity in tallaght this afternoon

paulwilson wrote: »
    Can you disclose to us who got taken off Paul?

I will leave that to the outher station owners to disclose that imformation if they wish all i can say in relation to retro and kiss fm all gear removed and safely stored away

Hot FM now back on air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

That didn't take long for them to get back on. Also it didn't take long for comreg to intervene. Only in the last week or so all the new pirates popped up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I will leave that to the outher station owners to disclose that imformation if they wish all i can say in relation to retro and kiss fm all gear removed and safely stored away
    Paul is the kiss that was on 93.2 fm last week to do with you. Very good music on it. Is there any plans for an online stream?

castle2012 wrote: »
    That didn't take long for them to get back on. Also it didn't take long for comreg to intervene. Only in the last week or so all the new pirates popped up
    I think it was the return of Nineties that bothered them more than anything else

I think it was the return of Nineties that bothered them more than anything else
    totally disagree with this comment it would have took maybe a week or so to do paperwork to approach if approached a particular operator warrants etc I don't think 90s had anything to do with today's activity 90s I think it came on on Friday and were gone by Sunday or Monday today's activities would have been planned from weeks previous to say 90s bothered them is complete Bull in my option

totally disagree with this comment it would have took maybe a week or so to do paperwork to approach if approached a particular operator warrants etc I don't think 90s had anything to do with today's activity 90s I think it came on on Friday and were gone by Sunday or Monday today's activities would have been planned from weeks previous to say 90s bothered them is complete Bull in my option

90s was testing for a number of weeks so the comment could be true.

We will never know what triggered today's activity, Nineties coming back,Hots very high profile relaunch would certainly be factors.

90s was testing for a number of weeks so the comment could be true.

We will never know what triggered today's activity, Nineties coming back,Hots very high profile relaunch would certainly be factors.
    no you're definitely wrong on that point 90s were not testing for a couple of weeks not true at all they didn't come on the band once in the last few weeks only last Friday so that information is totally wrong I do agree with your comment about hot you are a 100% right if you mean about 90s testing for a few weeks before hand just because they're was a blank carrier that could have been anybody testing they went seen at all on the band beforehand in my option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

I miss Trax :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

martyoo wrote: »
    I miss Trax :(

Were they raided?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Were they raided?

Don't think so. Their stream is still up and sounding great.

Nice signal/audio on Hot FM Dublin, the station of the same name in Kildare seems to be gone.

• Advertisement

no you're definitely wrong on that point 90s were not testing for a couple of weeks not true at all they didn't come on the band once in the last few weeks only last Friday so that information is totally wrong I do agree with your comment about hot you are a 100% right if you mean about 90s testing for a few weeks before hand just because they're was a blank carrier that could have been anybody testing they went seen at all on the band beforehand in my option

A high powered carrier on 88.1 with it being widely know that Nineties was returning......think that would have got the attention of Comreg .

Dance music with RDS Testing on air on 99.5 this morning in Dublin,went off shortly after midday

I think you’ll find that Nineties was never a welcome visitor to Dublin’s FM band as far as comreg and quite a lot of legal stations were concerned. They were raided once before in October 2016.
    In reference to your thoughts about Hot FM being an attributing factor to whoever was raided, judging by the fact that Hot is the only pirate back on, I wouldn’t imagine they were hit, though I don’t know for sure. In any case, I’m sure if Comreg ever have an issue with Hot, they will raid them.

I think you’ll find that Nineties was never a welcome visitor to Dublin’s FM band as far as comreg and quite a lot of legal stations were concerned. They were raided once before in October 2016.
    In reference to your thoughts about Hot FM being an attributing factor to whoever was raided, judging by the fact that Hot is the only pirate back on, I wouldn’t imagine they were hit, though I don’t know for sure. In any case, I’m sure if Comreg ever have an issue with Hot, they will raid them.

Hots TX location was unknown this time last week making a warrant impossible imho

Hot were also on and off the air yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A high powered carrier on 88.1 with it being widely know that Nineties was returning......think that would have got the attention of Comreg .

was it widely known that they were planning a return though?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

was it widely known that they were planning a return though?

I would say Yes - most were wise and didn't post such views on public forums.

Hopefully Phever / Trax can return soon

you say widel known was it really and if you call 40 watts high power sorry you really know your stuff and im taking facts now not just widely known

I really don't know where this information does come from but some of the points you made about raids 2016 and stuff in your last comments here maybe untrue if you do your homework. regarding h o t my point would be on it that yes activity will reach them at some point

you say widel known was it really and if you call 40 watts high power sorry you really know your stuff and im taking facts now not just widely known
    I think you’ll find that the information you’re giving regarding the source of the carriers is innacurate and spreading information around which is not publically available regarding the power stations are on - however low - is rather reckless. The carrier you speak of was on for a weekend at most.

• Advertisement

its so much fun being a pirate its a dark week and dark days ahead for pirate radio in Dublin all I can say

Advertisement