Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

paulwilson wrote: »
    its so much fun being a pirate its a dark week and dark days ahead for pirate radio in Dublin all I can say

and i have no doubt yee will all come through these dark days as yee have come through the dark days before.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

I think you’ll find that the information you’re giving regarding the source of the carriers is innacurate and spreading information around which is not publically available regarding the power stations are on - however low - is rather reckless. The carrier you speak of was on for a weekend at most.
    regarding what I said you can take it whatever way you want certain people on this trend saying what they want and making certain operators look bad by the comments regarding operators causing activities by officials which in my option is completely and utterly untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Very sad state of affairs in relation to the pirates in this country now...
    On a journey from Dublin to Limerick and onto Waterford, I got the following:
    Dublin: 94.3 - Hot FM
    Laois: 106.6 - Flirt FM
    and Klub 87.5 and Play 87.8 overspilling from Cork.

Very sad state of affairs in relation to the pirates in this country now...
    On a journey from Dublin to Limerick and onto Waterford, I got the following:
    Dublin: 94.3 - Hot FM
    Laois: 106.6 - Flirt FM
    and Klub 87.5 and Play 87.8 overspilling from Cork.

most of the dublin ones will return soon i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The carrier you speak of was on for a weekend at most.

A quick check through this thread will show there was a carrier on 88.1 for a number of weeks below programmes commenced last Friday morning.

• Advertisement

I really don't know where this information does come from but some of the points you made about raids 2016 t

Non-Stop Nineties wad raided (along with Rince) in 2016 according to....non stop nineties - it was rumoured and they confirmed on their final day of broadcasting.

Infoanon wrote: »
    The carrier you speak of was on for a weekend at most.

A quick check through this thread will show there was a carrier on 88.1 for a number of weeks below programmes commenced last Friday morning.
    indeed, and that was probably Nineties. I was referring to a completely separate carrier which Dublin’s Anorak took it upon himself to publicize the power of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Are we allowed to ask what happened?? Will they be coming back?

indeed, and that was probably Nineties. I was referring to a completely separate carrier which Dublin’s Anorak took it upon himself to publicize the power of.

Thanks for the clarification pirateradiohed.

This would be the same Dublin Anorak who wrote about the station "that rocked the legals" and "sounds like high power" referencing the carrier on 88.1.

Simples - if you operate an illegal transmitter you will probably be raided in time,if you have mainstream music eg connect or nineties you will be raided a lot sooner.

Stations will return sooner rather than later,it's the nature of the beast. Comreg have their job to do,some of the legals are losing a lot of money so they have to do their job and complain the real loser is the listeners to eg Phever/Trax but it's those same listeners who will be the reason for the return of these stations (albeit possibly under different names etc and not forgetting in many cases the love of the music by station owners)

*examples of stations off air ,not implying they where raided.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

So still no word on the station which was "actually" raided - I don't think it played mainstream music at all but that's as much as I'll say here as for some reason the station name is not being made public.

• Advertisement

Energy AM and Chill are on air along with Hot today

Stations will return sooner rather than later,it's the nature of the beast. Comreg have their job to do,some of the legals are losing a lot of money so they have to do their job and complain the real loser is the listeners to eg Phever/Trax but it's those same listeners who will be the reason for the return of these stations (albeit possibly under different names etc and not forgetting in many cases the love of the music by station owners)

tbh i'd be shocked if the legals are actually losing money due to pirates especially the dance music stations. whatever about in the past (and i struggled to buy it then) i genuinely don't believe it now. from memory pirates who took advertising either advertised small businesses or club nights and so on, advertisers who couldn't afford the rates to advertise on the legals and the legals couldn't afford to cut the rates for them understandibly. also some advertisers probably wouldn't advertise on the legals anyway.
    just a thought, but is there a downturn in advertising with terrestrial radio stations in general i wonder? perhapse that is the problem, dispite radio listening still being high, advertising via that medium isn't quite as relevant to people as it was given people usually turn away when adds are on?

tbh i'd be shocked if the legals are actually losing money due to pirates especially the dance music stations. whatever about in the past (and i struggled to buy it then) i genuinely don't believe it now. from memory pirates who took advertising either advertised small businesses or club nights and so on, advertisers who couldn't afford the rates to advertise on the legals and the legals couldn't afford to cut the rates for them understandibly. also some advertisers probably wouldn't advertise on the legals anyway.
    just a thought, but is there a downturn in advertising with terrestrial radio stations in general i wonder? perhapse that is the problem, dispite radio listening still being high, advertising via that medium isn't quite as relevant to people as it was given people usually turn away when adds are on?

To clarify - Pirates pull audience - that affects the jnlrs - that affects the advertising revenue.

Kiss 103 impacted FM104,Freedom and others impacted Spin,Nineties impacted 4FM etc

(As an aside some advertisers with pirates went on to advertise with legals.)

Radio audiences are falling in Ireland and the only action has been inaction and efforts to maintain the status quo.

kazoo106 wrote: »
    So still no word on the station which was "actually" raided - I don't think it played mainstream music at all but that's as much as I'll say here as for some reason the station name is not being made public.
    Does said station plan to come back on?

Does said station plan to come back on?

Imho One odd feature of raids in Ireland is that Comreg do not like station coming back on with the same name - same operator with a different name is tolerated for a longer period.

In the past the transmission antenna has been rendered inoperable following a raid with a new site and aerial rebuild required which takes time (spare TXS tend to be available - some sourced from the most unlikely of places in the past)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

So, which of the pirates were raided? Is it a secret?

So, which of the pirates were raided? Is it a secret?
    Seems to be for the moment, all we know is it happened in Tallaght.

Thanks for the clarification pirateradiohed.

This would be the same Dublin Anorak who wrote about the station "that rocked the legals" and "sounds like high power" referencing the carrier on 88.1.

Simples - if you operate an illegal transmitter you will probably be raided in time,if you have mainstream music eg connect or nineties you will be raided a lot sooner.

Yes I was but I was not referring to 90s you are really a **** stirrer I'm going by what you write up on this you go on what people say and what you see on this

Yes your right but is it fact it was 90s ? Has anyone confirmed that in my experience anybody can turn a reg on an 88.1 FM and leave blank carrier on it does not mean the operators that came on on Friday was the same operators that had the blank carrier before just my thoughts on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Well all. Just checked out all the streams. Phever, trax, non stop 90s all working. To my knowledge kiss and baseline didn't have a stream. So it looks like just some transmitters taken. I'm sure they will all be back on soon hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

I was in the car earlier, tuned in to Hot. Holy holy lord, PMSL to myself. They are running their FB stream through their FM signal = absolute sh*te audio quality.

Good quality audio was never a strong point for them or their dj's for that matter. Trax & Phever on the other hand are the total opposite. Hopefully they both come back on the FM dial soon, fingers crossed!

I was in the car earlier, tuned in to Hot. Holy holy lord, PMSL to myself. They are running their FB stream through their FM signal = absolute sh*te audio quality.

Good quality audio was never a strong point for them or their dj's for that matter. Trax & Phever on the other hand are the total opposite. Hopefully they both come back on the FM dial soon, fingers crossed!

Agreed but fair play to hot you've got to admire the fact there About two weeks in and 25k likes on Facebook. That's huge for a pirate. One of there live videos got 11k hits on one night.
    Just shows if pirates interact they gather interest. Has to be inspiring for any other pirates out there. All s not lost to Spotify s etc

apparently hot aren't ready to go live yet hence 1 or 2 djs doing fb shows which are then relayed via fm. studio still to be linked up with the transmitter apparently, and the transmission side of things is still being tweaked and tested. i'm sure it won't be long now before live shows actually begin.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Agreed but fair play to hot you've got to admire the fact there About two weeks in and 25k likes on Facebook. That's huge for a pirate. One of there live videos got 11k hits on one night.
    Just shows if pirates interact they gather interest. Has to be inspiring for any other pirates out there. All s not lost to Spotify s etc

to be fair, love them or hate them and for better or worse, hot fm was a very popular radio station back in the day so they were going to get lots of likes and hits. their return will be a success tbh.

True, but they were pretty big back in the day to begin with. Can you imagine if Energy94 or Pulse FM came back with the same people involved? It would never happen. But it would be super cool!

I totally agree with you in the sense of interaction, but that isn't always a good thing. Trax and Phever are run professionally and for the love of music. They don't make alot of revenue. Hot are already talking about club nights etc. And selling more Hot Anthems CD's. It's 2018 not 2002. Who still buys compact discs? They are only on air a week. Priority should be studio and programming. Then the rest. As for the FB live stream, they could have easily ran the audio through a Shoutcast or Icecast server then onto the transmitter for a much higher quality audio. But that maybe a little too technical for them probably.

Yes indeed they were successful but knows if they will last. Their site transmitter is already tweaked. They'll certainly have to move frequency soon though. Won't last long where they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

Agreed but fair play to hot you've got to admire the fact there About two weeks in and 25k likes on Facebook.
    have been told they are bogus likes bought online

RXTX wrote: »
    Agreed but fair play to hot you've got to admire the fact there About two weeks in and 25k likes on Facebook.
    have been told they are bogus likes bought online
    RXTX Well 11k watched one of the videos on Facebook. HustlerGraham your right can you imagine if pulse came back. There would be 100k hits in one day. Anyway I have best of luck to them. What's going to be very interesting is how comreg can close these guys down. From what I can see the transmitters is the only thing which could be got, as their using many locations including Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

RXTX Well 11k watched one of the videos on Facebook.
    look at the details. video was spammed by them into every facebook group known to man. viewed and watched have different meanings. dont be fooled by this

RXTX wrote: »
    look at the details. video was spammed by them into every facebook group known to man. viewed and watched have different meanings. dont be fooled by this

Yes I saw that too, but did you see who the spammer was yesterday? Yes FK is in Spain doing the state of the art backdrop broadcasts, on a mission from the man above apparently lol. I doubt he will come back here at all.

• Advertisement

Station back on 99.5 with dance music - weaker signal than Fresh .

Signal in the city centre is too weak for RDS but may read Testing - audio a little rough.

No others on today apart from Hot FM.

Advertisement