Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Yesterday:
    Infoanon wrote: »
    Station back on 99.5 with dance music - weaker signal than Fresh .

Signal in the city centre is too weak for RDS but may read Testing - audio a little rough.

No others on today apart from Hot FM.
    Not true - you forgot about Energy AM on 1395 khz on MW/AM, which was on.

Today:
    What's the latest bandscan in Dublin?

I picked up two pirates today around Dundrum area- one on FM with RDS of TESTING - on 99.5 I think. This is, presumably, Fresh FM. The other was Energy AM on 1395 khz on MW/AM. Were there others on today?

From looking at the previous posts, I reckon at least two pirates were raided last week and that there is a good chance that at least two of those were Fresh FM and Trax on 107.1. This is just educated guessing, not a statement of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

Not true Declan, all good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Yesterday:

Not true - you forgot about Energy AM on 1395 khz on MW/AM, which was on.

Today:
    What's the latest bandscan in Dublin?

I picked up two pirates today around Dundrum area- one on FM with RDS of TESTING - on 99.5 I think. This is, presumably, Fresh FM. The other was Energy AM on 1395 khz on MW/AM. Were there others on today?

From looking at the previous posts, I reckon at least two pirates were raided last week and that there is a good chance that at least two of those were Fresh FM and Trax on 107.1. This is just educated guessing, not a statement of fact.

Did you not pick up Hot on 94.3? Regarding the raids, who knows. We can only speculate for now. But the two most popular, Trax & Phever are still streaming fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

TraxDublin wrote: »
    Great hope you'd guys are back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

On air in Dublin today :

87.6 Chill
    94.3 Hot FM
    99.5 Fresh FM (with Fresh RDS)
    Fresh signal a lot weaker

Energy on AM all weekend as usual,105.7 No.1 and 98.9 Absolute 80s also on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Fresh dj

On air in Dublin today :

87.6 Chill
    94.3 Hot FM

There signs of telling their signal is weaker I'd be using a radio with db read out there perfect and think Being safe

Fresh dj wrote: »
    There signs of telling their signal is weaker I'd be using a radio with db read out there perfect and think Being safe

There's no doubt the signal is weaker without using said piece of equipment - compared to earlier in the week there is loss of signal in the city centre,rds (which needs to beyond a certain threshold to be readable) is not working in many areas,in Dublin South / South west the signal has interferance on a car radio etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

On air in Dublin today :

87.6 Chill
    94.3 Hot FM

98.9 seems like a bit of a risky frequency given its proximity to various frequencies used by Lyric FM, particularly 98.7. I wasn't expecting to see a pirate listed on that frequency. I'm guessing it is yet another low signal station (relay station in this case) somewhere in west Dublin.
    TraxDublin wrote: »

Fair enough. It's a good thing I emphasised that it was a guess on my part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Walker 001

000dnhdhejdnjdndjd

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Trax back on air on 107.1 this evening and sounds like hot fm are being jamed by a very strong tx ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Interesting. I noticed the RDS for Hot was struggling to come up in my location earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

JDxtra wrote: »
    Interesting. I noticed the RDS for Hot was struggling to come up in my location earlier.

Seems to be a tone on 94.3 jamming Hot Fm no Rds, Phever were raided.

paulwilson wrote: »
    Trax back on air on 107.1 this evening and sounds like hot fm are being jamed by a very strong tx ?????

Mega strong tone on 94.3 ?

I noticed that too. Their playout system is all over the place tonight as well. Loads of dead air and songs playing over other songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

didn't notice any dead air or songs playing over each other myself but i do notice songs cutting out very early or songs coming in before the jingles have finished. no biggy though as apparently they are only running a pc from site at the moment.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I noticed that too. Their playout system is all over the place tonight as well. Loads of dead air and songs playing over other songs.

Wiping them out in Tallaght to Rathmines and to Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

To what i can gather rds at one stage was displaying go home frank ??????

Ha ha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Rock Solid wrote: »
    JDxtra wrote: »

Seems to be a tone on 94.3 jamming Hot Fm no Rds, Phever were raided.
    Do they intend to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The message above just has different quotes from users mixed up. No worries, I understand.

Regarding Hot - the tone makes it unlistenable to when driving around.

• Advertisement

Ha ha ;)
    Ha ha that's very funny. Listening in this morning, their playing commercial dance, Frank will be heading home quicker than he thinks

Has this new TX been put on solely to block Hot FM? I vaguely remember hearing of someone doing something similar in the early 2000s - I think The TX whose purpose was only to cause interference might’ve even been based at Three Rock!

Has this new TX been put on solely to block Hot FM? I vaguely remember hearing of someone doing something similar in the early 2000s - I think The TX whose purpose was only to cause interference might’ve even been based at Three Rock!

It's been done many times - back in 2003 similar behaviour is believed to have influenced the reasons to raid.

99.5 FM now back on with a much improved signal,rds was Fresh FM now changed to testing comming soon - their spelling not mine.

On air today Wednesday relaying Kiss TV and now I thinks its Kiss Radio (Kiss100) that they are relaying.

99.5 FM now back on with a much improved signal,rds was Fresh FM now changed to testing comming soon - their spelling not mine.

Jamming again must be on a timer or remote text to tx.

Rock Solid wrote: »

Jamming again must be on a timer or remote text to tx.
    I assume you’re referring to 94.3 in spite of the quotation?

It's been done many times - back in 2003 similar behaviour is believed to have influenced the reasons to raid.
    Yes was driving round Dublin today. Hot fm 94.3 perfect on the North side but when you go across the liffey on the m50 the jamming kicks in. Particularly strong round the tallaght area. I wonder what it could be

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yes was driving round Dublin today. Hot fm 94.3 perfect on the North side but when you go across the liffey on the m50 the jamming kicks in. Particularly strong round the tallaght area. I wonder what it could be

No interference in Tallaght/ Kingswood / Terenure / Rathgar / Walkinstown areas when I have checked - which parts of Tallaght?

castle2012 wrote: »

From what we know about the raid, Phever was based in Tallaght, but surely they’re better than that?

• Advertisement

From what we know about the raid, Phever was based in Tallaght, but surely they’re better than that?

The aerial system would have been rendered inoperable based on past raids - hoping Phever will return soon.

Advertisement