Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

NEAR 90.3 are off air today.

Hot and Fresh continue - Fresh very strong in Dublin South East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Infoanon wrote: »
    NEAR 90.3 are off air today.

Hot and Fresh continue - Fresh very strong in Dublin South East
    Strange for a legal to be off, still off today?

Strange for a legal to be off, still off today?

Came back on air yesterday evening.No mention on their Web page of being off - very unusual

Fresh continue testing with some unusual choices in music,RDS messages and relays of TV and Radio services

Trax on air in the evening and HOT still 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Hot on 94.3 are jammed this afternoon with a strong tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i managed to hear a clip of it but i can't figure out what it is

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Dublin at lunchtime

87.6 Chill
    94.3 Hot fm
    99.5 Fresh testing

Sounds like the locktec ad on hot fm was ripped from a nsn90s stream or something. Also love the plumbers ad that has Tiesto as background music!

JDxtra wrote: »

Tone being switched on and off sporadic now - completely wipes out Hot in Dublin South West .

Fresh now relaying one of the Box music channels

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Dublin at lunchtime

87.6 Chill
    94.3 Hot fm
    99.5 Fresh testing

Sounds like the locktec ad on hot fm was ripped from a nsn90s stream or something. Also love the plumbers ad that has Tiesto as background music!

Also Energy on 1395,there was a carrier on 92.0 briefly yesterday

i wonder do fresh plan to ever have live programming? they have been testing quite a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Just in case anyone is keeping an eye on this thread Trax is definitely not working.

• Advertisement

martyoo wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is keeping an eye on this thread Trax is definitely not working.
    It's on right now. Probably coming on in the evenings after recent events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

i wonder do fresh plan to ever have live programming? they have been testing quite a while now.
    99.5fm stronger than before and some unsual rotating rds messages on it last day or so

It's on right now. Probably coming on in the evenings after recent events.

that's right, evenings only for now according to a comment from them on their facebook.

are hot fm still being jammed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Yea was in Dublin Monday and noticed it to. Tone got very strong around tallaght. Someone must nt be happy their back

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Jamming on 94.3 seems to be back on at the moment.

FK on now where's the Jammer !

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Rock Solid wrote: »
    FK on now where's the Jammer !

Audio quality is shockingly bad, as always!

On a mission from God apparently ! We should be grateful ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Agree, if he did the broadcasts on his phone it’d sound better

Retro 92.0 FM are back on the air this weekend - currently with live programming until 11pm tonight.

Fresh back on a blank carrier ,Chill off,Hot,Trax ,Energy on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

This 'jamming' carry on is bad business for everyone. Am I correct in saying the jamming creates a phantom broadcast up the band. IE the conflict plays out at higher FM numbers.

Either way this childish carry on puts the spotlight on all pirates. Judges blanket sign warrants. If they sign for one FM site they sign for all. Cop on is my advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

TallGlass wrote: »
    This 'jamming' carry on is bad business for everyone. Am I correct in saying the jamming creates a phantom broadcast up the band. IE the conflict plays out at higher FM numbers.

Either way this childish carry on puts the spotlight on all pirates. Judges blanket sign warrants. If they sign for one FM site they sign for all. Cop on is my advise.

Spotlight on all pirates? I disagree. But they could be already doing their homework on Hot and the others, who knows. This jamming is only happening with Hot coincidentally though.

Another transmitter broadcasting a tone on their frequency to make it inaudible.

Someone does not like their return I reckon.

e.

That would not be correct imho

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The jamming wouldn't cause any issues along the band except on the jammed frequency itself, assuming both transmitters are correctly setup and filtered correctly (as it would be if the two transmitters were on unique frequencies rather than the same frequency).

This is assuming the jamming is an audio signal and not just a basic carrier being used for jamming? If it's a primitive carrier generator tuned to a specific frequency it may be causing issues on other bands.

This whole jamming practice is of no benefit to anyone because it's more likely to attract attention from the authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

So it's other pirate stations that does the jamming. I always thought it was Comreg.

martyoo wrote: »
    So it's other pirate stations that does the jamming. I always thought it was Comreg.

Comreg don't Jam in Ireland, incidents of jamming over the years have been caused by other pirates and RTE. (And by a teenager on a bicycle with a dipole !)

I am aware of a frequency being kept clear in the past - was never sure if this was Comreg or the BAI.

Jammer on 94.3 FK time 4-7

Dance music back on 105.7 24/7
    Fresh off air since yesterday

Heavy jamming today including during adverts and FK links on 94.3

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Dance music back on 105.7 24/7
    Fresh off air since yesterday