Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    Is the 105.7 RetroNow from Meath?

No ID when I was listening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is the 105.7 RetroNow from Meath?

Probably no.1 fm broadcasting in D22.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Probably no.1 fm broadcasting in D22.

Nope - different station - no RDS - possibly retro mix ?

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Heavy jamming today including during adverts and FK links on 94.3

Definitely notched the jamming up a gear today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Infoanon wrote: »
    Rock Solid wrote: »
    Heavy jamming today including during adverts and FK links on 94.3

Definitely notched the jamming up a gear today
    Does anyone know why? It's not a good for other pirate s if this starts. I'm sure other pirates will retaliate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

castle2012 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why?

dislike of the owner has been speculated as to be the reason.
    It's not a good for other pirate s if this starts. I'm sure other pirates will retaliate.

agreed. whatever one's opinions of hot fm or it's owner jamming shouldn't be tolerated.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

Does anyone know why? It's not a good for other pirate s if this starts. I'm sure other pirates will retaliate.

it would just be an annoyance to other operators no different to anything else that brings unwanted attention.lets be honest frank has more enimies than friends in radio land so i cant see anyone coming to his rescue

hot will probably do something silly like turn up power or something else to get round problem. then comreg come knocking sooner than later.
    even if they find the person jamming there what would they even do. they are doomed no matter what happens as the jamming is very effective.

RXTX wrote: »
    it would just be an annoyance to other operators no different to anything else that brings unwanted attention.lets be honest frank has more enimies than friends in radio land so i cant see anyone coming to his rescue

hot will probably do something silly like turn up power or something else to get round problem. then comreg come knocking sooner than later.
    even if they find the person jamming there what would they even do. they are doomed no matter what happens as the jamming is very effective.
    No Jamming today - the signal from Hot is weak in a lot of places which is making the jamming so effective, the sporadic jamming also makes finding the jammer a lot harder and I suspect that a directional antenna may be in use.

94.3 is used by legal temps so expect a change of frequency soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

There has been some jamming tonight nothing like yesterday, I believe they are setting up a second tx for Hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Hot getting absolutely obliterated now. Very strong tone on top of them out as far as Leixlip at least.

• Advertisement

Hot getting absolutely obliterated now. Very strong tone on top of them out as far as Leixlip at least.

Yeah wiped out in Tallaght and West Dublin savage power maybe 1kw

It has stopped now. Here is a recording of it from 10 minutes ago at Liffey Valley...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29w2kcwpdlwjyd3/VID_20180620_223239.mp4?dl=0

I would not like to be the jammer when they try and get back up and running themselves I've a feeling Dublin pirate radio is going to get very messy over the next while.

I would not like to be the jammer when they try and get back up and running themselves I've a feeling Dublin pirate radio is going to get very messy over the next while.

You are making a very big assumption there.

Talk of a second Hot TX will be music to Comreg ears imho

Bob Marley and We're Jammin' being played on a short loop this morning on 94.3.

Carrier on 99.5 this morning with RDS Fresh 99

Energy on 1395

Chill 87.6 has not made appearance on air this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Trax should be on later. Seems to be on from Friday evening and over the weekend. Something to look forward to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Bob is jamming on Hot again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Reminds me of when a group jammed a UK legal with Judge Dread’s ‘The Winkers Song’

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

Out on the Military Road, Wicklow this afternoon i was able to tune in several U.K. DAB Muxes in the car mostly in Mono, whilst nothing from RTE.

• Advertisement

Bob is jamming on Hot again :)
    I wonder why their so threatened by hot? Over the most recent years there has been some way better pirates, Nrg, nineties, kiss to name a few.
    I'm sure the jammer would be better starting up their own pirate and putting it up to hot

I wonder why their so threatened by hot? Over the most recent years there has been some way better pirates, Nrg, nineties, kiss to name a few.
    I'm sure the jammer would be better starting up their own pirate and putting it up to hot

Doubt if they feel threatened by Hot...

agreed. in fact i doubt they even give a damn about hot itself. more then likely it's the owner that is their issue.

agreed. in fact i doubt they even give a damn about hot itself. more then likely it's the owner that is their issue.
    Agreed. But why not set up a really good pirate and wipe hot out. Any way just a taught

Agreed. But why not set up a really good pirate and wipe hot out. Any way just a taught

because it would be a complete waste of money for the desired outcome. the plan by the looks of it is to force hot off or have them raided. why go to the expence of setting up a station to wipe them out when they can simply jam them. not that they should even be doing that as it could end up backfiring with one of the other stations being hit instead.

I've listened in a lot to hot fm over the last couple of weeks. They go live on Facebook and on air about 3 hours a day. The rest of the time it's exact same play list. I would nt be surprised if its just an mp3 player plugged in.

apparently full programming will begin monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Interesting.

• Advertisement

It's just a pc at Tx site remote control by Team Viewer so FK can link to it via the Web and FB. Studio and link to be set up.

Advertisement