Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Rock Solid wrote: »
    It's just a pc at Tx site remote control by Team Viewer so FK can link to it via the Web and FB. Studio and link to be set up.
    Intresting if my memory serves me right. Back when FK sold up hot. The then new owners who operated Hot fm, Club fm and energy fm while and then closed. I wonder what the guys he sold to think about FK relaunching hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

The Hot Fm owners sold the station to FK which had several Transmitters. He also bought Energy 94 from a different group of owners, then he also set up Vibe Fm on 99.1 which played mainly rap music automated. When he left the country quickly he sold most of the gear, Alot of the transmission gear was leased, but he still has some tx gear I'm the country. Several previous owners are not pleased with the return of Hot and I don't think he intends to return too Ireland in any rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

88.1 fm Easy Radio now on test with good audio in West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The Hot Fm owners sold the station to FK which had several Transmitters. He also bought Energy 94 from a different group of owners, then he also set up Vibe Fm on 99.1 which played mainly rap music automated. When he left the country quickly he sold most of the gear, Alot of the transmission gear was leased, but he still has some tx gear I'm the country. Several previous owners are not pleased with the return of Hot and I don't think he intends to return too Ireland in any rush.
    Iirc shortly after the sale 3 TXS (plus Phantoms 88.1) where lost in the black Tuesday raids.

Hot is a lot more commercial this time around imho and there is only one likely outcome. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

for the purposes of giving a fair opinion and to give it a chance i listened to a show hot fm for the last one hour

mother of god what has been unleashed upon dublin here. it needs to go back in a box and be shipped back to benidrom ibiza magaluff or wherever asap

this is not a mission from god as claimed it is radio hell

frank was on and he is completely egotistical and mentions his own name and how great he is constantly. keeps samlping his voice and playing it. between this and the constant plugging of an event it just cannot be listened to.some lite promotions sure would be ok but this is nonstop plugging of frank and an event

this is the worst thing to happen in radio land for a long time lets pray to that god of his that it ends soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

RXTX wrote: »
    for the purposes of giving a fair opinion and to give it a chance i listened to a show hot fm for the last one hour

mother of god what has been unleashed upon dublin here. it needs to go back in a box and be shipped back to benidrom ibiza magaluff or wherever asap

this is not a mission from god as claimed it is radio hell

frank was on and he is completely egotistical and mentions his own name and how great he is constantly. keeps samlping his voice and playing it. between this and the constant plugging of an event it just cannot be listened to.some lite promotions sure would be ok but this is nonstop plugging of frank and an event

this is the worst thing to happen in radio land for a long time lets pray to that god of his that it ends soon

100% spot on, totally agree. It's radio hell. He thinks he's the best in the business... world class, mission from god. It's funny to listen to though. From what I can remember it was never that bad before, old Hot from the early 00's. Maybe it was? He was always cheesy though. Was the audio routed through the FB video feed again? They have about as much technical knowledge as my granny does!

Sooner they get off the band the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I don't think he intends to return too Ireland in any rush.

apparently he has made 1 or 2 brief visits. that's based on claims he has made though so we should probably take them with a pinch of salt.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

apparently he has made 1 or 2 brief visits. that's based on claims he has made though so we should probably take them with a pinch of salt.

He has been here alright, in the last few weeks. Seen him in a few photos with his Irish sidekick.

100% spot on, totally agree. It's radio hell. He thinks he's the best in the business... world class, mission from god. It's funny to listen to though. From what I can remember it was never that bad before, old Hot from the early 00's. Maybe it was? He was always cheesy though.

yeah if i remember rightly, he was more or less the same back then as he is now. no mission from god nonsense or using the effects on the mixer on his voice though.

I listened to 94.3fm on the way home this evening. Firstly he was on but it seemed to be a repeat of a show from a few weeks ago, cause he mentioned not been on air tomorrow night (Sunday he said) as he's in ibiza. Secondly he did nothing but talk about himself over every tune. Absolutely horrible. I don't remember it been like that back in the day.

• Advertisement

I totally agree with all the comments above. The worst DJ I've ever heard, he must be in his mid 50s at this stage and has gotten worse since Hot in the past. I don't think there's any event planned, he just wants his own shows going out and adverts it's automated and new music and adverts uploaded to the pc every so often. The Jammer hasn't been active last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ITV2 wrote: »
    88.1 fm Easy Radio now on test with good audio in West Dublin.

BBC r2 coming in fairly clearly on 88.1 in West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Jammer is active on 94.3 again this afternoon.

BBC R2 on 88.1 is common in weather conditions like this.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Jammer is active on 94.3 again this afternoon.

BBC R2 on 88.1 is common in weather conditions like this.

Where is Superstar DJ today ?

BBC Radio 1 clear on 98.3 (Camlough ),98.9 (Cardiff);99.4 (Wales),99.5 (Scotland )and 99.7 (Divis) in Clondalkin / Tallaght / Templeogue at the moment - excellent audio quality

Seems to be two jamming tonight.

Seems to be two jamming tonight.
    Is it the same as last week? Bob Marley and then the Mr men music

castle2012 wrote: »
    Is it the same as last week? Bob Marley and then the Mr men music

Tone only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I heard Bob.

JDxtra wrote: »
    I heard Bob.

Interesting - in Liffey Valley car park after 7pm it was definitely a tone - yet to hear Bob. .. .....

• Advertisement

Easy back on 88.1 tonight - getting wiped in Rathfarnham / Rathgar etc by BBC 2 audible in Liffey Valley / Clondalkin / Walkinstown

Playlist still featuring those dodgy Ronan Keating covers and 70s non radio hits - so much room for improvement alas can't be too commercial either

Hot wiped out for the last 15 minutes plus with a continuous tone - Rathgar to City Centre - constant tone modulated signal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Silence on 94.3 this morning.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Maybe the pc crashed ! Even a pc couldn't take that rubbish.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Back on now. I'm sure the jammer will be back to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Has no one made Hot aware of this going on? Haven’t they noticed?

Has no one made Hot aware of this going on? Haven’t they noticed?

From what I hear, yes they know. But again, they have no technical radio knowledge at all. Even when they move frequency I doubt the jamming will stop to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

At least regulation stops this stuff with legal stations, not saying they would or should.

So if we don't like a certain show on a station or station just jam it? It's all a bit communist if you ask me.

If I had a station on air at the moment as a pirate, I would be taking it off air till this carry on blows over.

ComReg go to court to a judge for a warrant, they are not going to go with one, they'll go with a few and make a day out of it clearing house. Saves time and money for them.

I'd urge the jammer/s to just stop or for Hot to stop, it's going to end in disaster not just for the station, but for all the other pirate stations who have nothing to do with what ever is going on and have put effort into getting themselves up and running, or at leased sort this problem off air without taking every other pirate down.

TallGlass wrote: »
    At least regulation stops this stuff with legal stations, not saying they would or should.

So if we don't like a certain show on a station or station just jam it? It's all a bit communist if you ask me.

If I had a station on air at the moment as a pirate, I would be taking it off air till this carry on blows over.

ComReg go to court to a judge for a warrant, they are not going to go with one, they'll go with a few and make a day out of it clearing house. Saves time and money for them.

I'd urge the jammer/s to just stop or for Hot to stop, it's going to end in disaster not just for the station, but for all the other pirate stations who have nothing to do with what ever is going on and have put effort into getting themselves up and running, or at leased sort this problem off air without taking every other pirate down.
    I totally agree with you. While it's hard to listen to some djs on air they shouldn't be blocked. I believe the lack of listeners will take them off anyway . I think jamming others will ultimately this will destroy pirate radio in Ireland. As with anything retaliating will happen

• Advertisement

castle2012 wrote: »
    I think jamming others will ultimately this will destroy pirate radio in Ireland.

no it won't.

Advertisement