Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

JDxtra wrote: »
    Unlikely jamming. As you are North East, it could be 91.1 from Monaghan.

There hasn't been any jamming this week of Hot Fm on 94.3 or 91.0 Perhaps they have given up or are on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Over in west dublin unidentified blank carrier on 92.0fm retro also on that freq got two signals colideing on 92.0 ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Probably the jammer looking for something to do

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Are phever coming back on 91.6? I don't pick it up in the car. It's perfect at home streaming from tunein via alexa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Phever were on testing yesterday afternoon for a few hours on 91.6 (modest power).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

awful audio on hot fm dublin all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

RXTX wrote: »
    awful audio on hot fm dublin all day
    Yea noticed that myself.The balance coming threw the speakers is on one side. Also seem to be on much lower power these days

yes left channel a lot louder than the right and overall volume very low

i wonder do hot also have a death wish.

they have a powerful signal right between 2 fm signals and they played a hiphop tune which went along a bit like this - yo b*tch, f*ck n*gga, p*ssy, pissed and also plenty of the c word

then jingle comes on saying this is the real frank keenedy.

awful and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i notice as well that sometimes the automation plays only a tiny part of a song and then fades to a jingle or the next song. i presume that is the scheduler part of whatever automation they are using that is causing that issue?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

i notice as well that sometimes the automation plays only a tiny part of a song and then fades to a jingle or the next song. i presume that is the scheduler part of whatever automation they are using that is causing that issue?
    Seems to be an ipod or something when automated as the same music over 2 hours repeats over and over. But on the other point there ad on daytime radio advertising strippers. I'll give them 3 months max

castle2012 wrote: »
    Seems to be an ipod or something when automated as the same music over 2 hours repeats over and over. But on the other point there ad on daytime radio advertising strippers. I'll give them 3 months max

i think maybe 3 weeks would be even a miracle.

it is at least entertaining how bad they are. but also completly idiotic. i mean they are advertisting actual strippers every half an hour.

the ads are crudely timed and come on exactly at top and bottom of hour. never mind if a song just started. no we must hear about stripper party.

RXTX wrote: »

i think maybe 3 weeks would be even a miracle.

it is at least entertaining how bad they are. but also completly idiotic. i mean they are advertisting actual strippers every half an hour.

the ads are crudely timed and come on exactly at top and bottom of hour. never mind if a song just started. no we must hear about stripper party.
    Yea I heard they have a second tx. Owners in Spain so can't be prosecuted. They prob will be back on straight away after been raided. The one thing they have figured is a way around the system

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Energy AM on 1395 KHz very strong now in Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Yea I heard they have a second tx. Owners in Spain so can't be prosecuted. They prob will be back on straight away after been raided. The one thing they have figured is a way around the system

In my opinion, I think FK and his Italian sidekick saw how good Phever and Trax are doing, and the following they have. Phever have been on for years, well until recently, but are back intermittently. And Trax over a year. But they do it for the music and sound great.

FK wants a piece of that action. He has a few bob there so why not do it again. Radio to him is a cash cow. Yes pirates need to make a few quid but at least do it right and as professional as possible. Get your feet on the ground first with your setup etc... then do all that. It was on a week and he had 2 or 3 ads going already. Now there's a gig coming up soon too.

As for the audio, they don't care how it sounds as long as those ridiculous ads get played. They have no technical knowledge at all. When do you ever hear Trax or Phever with audio problems? Never! And if they did they would probably go off air to sort it asap.

He's just making a joke out of it altogether. While it's funny to watch and listen to, it's embarrassing. But again, I don't think they care. Hopefully they won't last another month or two, especially where they are on the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amradio

hawthorne wrote: »
    Energy AM on 1395 KHz very strong now in Mayo!

Just hearing them in the car by Knock airport

In my opinion, I think FK and his Italian sidekick saw how good Phever and Trax are doing, and the following they have. Phever have been on for years, well until recently, but are back intermittently. And Trax over a year. But they do it for the music and sound great.

FK wants a piece of that action. He has a few bob there so why not do it again. Radio to him is a cash cow. Yes pirates need to make a few quid but at least do it right and as professional as possible. Get your feet on the ground first with your setup etc... then do all that. It was on a week and he had 2 or 3 ads going already. Now there's a gig coming up soon too.

As for the audio, they don't care how it sounds as long as those ridiculous ads get played. They have no technical knowledge at all. When do you ever hear Trax or Phever with audio problems? Never! And if they did they would probably go off air to sort it asap.

He's just making a joke out of it altogether. While it's funny to watch and listen to, it's embarrassing. But again, I don't think they care. Hopefully they won't last another month or two, especially where they are on the band.

point proven. no hotfm today on fm just a carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

amradio wrote: »
    Just hearing them in the car by Knock airport

I get a lot of stations on AM clearly all the time in Mayo including lots of Commercial stations from the UK and Northern Ireland...and Spirit Radio

Is Flirt FM still on 106.6 anyone know?

Hot FM was off air again for well over an hour. Blank carrier, but someone playing around with their transmitter. Power kept going on and off. Then I heard "Winamp, it really whips the llama's ass!" They really are stuck back in 2002.

Very professional indeed. Not!

• Advertisement

Have to say was in Dublin earlier today. Audio was terrible. What are these guys at? They may well have got away with it back in 2002.but nowadays with online streaming Spotify etc. People just won't listen crap audio and the same jingles on repeat.

they have issues almost everyday . when on the quality is at best poor.

mostly the same songs they were playing back in 2002. they have three liners at most. some djs sound ok others should never speak.

ads are a joke like the loctec ad it sounds like it was recorded on a tape. some music is the same very poor.

this is not a teething issues its lack of radio skills

who is the target market because the youth of today will laugh at this. spotify and youtube dont have outages. most mobile phones dont have fm radios. station is waste of time and money but at least brings entertainment because its a joke.

Hot FM was off air again for well over an hour. Blank carrier, but someone playing around with their transmitter. Power kept going on and off. Then I heard "Winamp, it really whips the llama's ass!" They really are stuck back in 2002.

Very professional indeed. Not!

perhapse they are using winamp as part of the linking, relaying the stream to the transmitter? old as it is, it's still a good old reliable player IMO.

perhapse they are using winamp as part of the linking, relaying the stream to the transmitter? old as it is, it's still a good old reliable player IMO.

True Winamp is grand, they probably are using it as a link but there's other reliable ways to do a STL than using that. That may well be the reason they keep going off air to be honest, who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Funny, I mentioned a few pages back that they should have the house in order before they go on air. I was told where to go with that comment.

Suprised they haven't gone with a Geo Cities style website.

Listening to Hot FM at the moment. Their audio is simply shocking on some of their songs.

Listening to Hot FM at the moment. Their audio is simply shocking on some of their songs.

i agree. they are clearly using some youtube rips and by the sounds of it some mid to low bitrate mp3s as well.

i agree. they are clearly using some youtube rips and by the sounds of it some mid to low bitrate mp3s as well.
    They really are amateurs. I hate the cheesy sound effects and the fact they only seem to have 3 jingles s. but I get playing music from 10 years ago . It appeals to that generation which still listen to radio.

Dublin (FM) tonight
    87.6 Chill FM
    91.0j Hot FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 Kiss FM
    99.5 RDS for “danceoneradio.com”
    107.1 Trax
    Outside Dublin - seems to be something up with Flirt 106.6’s TX. Its broadcast sometimes cuts off randomly and is replaced either with Today FM or a mishmash of three or four different stations, Today FM and RnaG amongst them

• Advertisement

Any updates on 99.5?

Advertisement