Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Any updates on 99.5?
    Looks like a messer just taking up a frequency someone else could use. Last May there was a message on their rds saying fresh fm launching soon, they didn't mention what year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Listening to Hot FM at the moment. Their audio is simply shocking on some of their songs.
    Listening in the car yesterday around north county Dublin and another station playing old dance music (at a lower audio level) was sometimes stronger and wiping out Hot on 91.0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

castle2012 wrote: »
    Looks like a messer just taking up a frequency someone else could use. Last May there was a message on their rds saying fresh fm launching soon, they didn't mention what year.

I have been listening to it the past few days and there's a good mix of songs, not something you usually hear on the radio. Unfortunately I can never get a clear signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

VonLuck wrote: »
    I have been listening to it the past few days and there's a good mix of songs, not something you usually hear on the radio. Unfortunately I can never get a clear signal.

What’s the RDS now? And dance music I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

VonLuck wrote: »

Was 99.5 not still relaying an online station? It was last week when I listened during the day, playing house music. Got no RDS though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Dance music on 101.4 Citywest area.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Dance music on 101.4 Citywest area.

Probably Kiss FM, the station only you’ve ever picked up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

What's behind the resurgence in pirates these days? Great to see it, a wider mix of community supported radio. Pity they wouldn't jam spirit fm with a 100kw tx 😂

What's behind the resurgence in pirates these days? Great to see it, a wider mix of community supported radio. Pity they wouldn't jam spirit fm with a 100kw tx 😂
    Yea great to see pirates e back. Thinks its the interaction with online/social media. A number of good pirates closed down a few years ago and blamed the lack of interaction nowadays and blamed Spotify etc. And agreed wish jammer would block spirit

Aye and while you’re at it throw 20kW on top of Hot FM playing something more tolerable.... like the Nokia 3310 ringtone on a loop

• Advertisement

Aye and while you’re at it throw 20kW on top of Hot FM playing something more tolerable.... like the Nokia 3310 ringtone on a loop
    I'm not a big fan of hot fm. However I'm a big fan of pirates. Its great to see pirates back in the scene. Have to say Wish nrg and tonic would come back myself

Currently tuned to Kiss FM on 93.2. Good mix of classic tunes. But... Looks like they are following in Hot FM's footsteps when it comes to their audio. I've heard a few very low quality songs. Most likely "YouTube rips". Why do they do it??

While all this pirate activity is great, at least try sound decent while doing it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Phever & Trax are top dogs when it comes to audio processing, plus everything else.

Tonik won't be back long story there, check N-JOY Dublin. Pope Fm be on soon.

Tonik won't be back long story there, check N-JOY Dublin. Pope Fm be on soon.

Is N-Joy coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Is N-Joy coming back?

Was there an NJoy before? I don't remember. If it was years ago, then it would not be unusual for the same name to be just used by a new operator.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Was there an NJoy before? I don't remember. If it was years ago, then it would not be unusual for the same name to be just used by a new operator.

I thought there was an N-Joy Radio a few years ago that played 80s

I thought there was an N-Joy Radio a few years ago that played 80s

Not sure, don't remember it. This won't be an 80s station.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i'm presuming there is no web presence for this n-joi radio yet? it's probably a bit early though.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

i'm presuming there is no web presence for this n-joi radio yet? it's probably a bit early though.

It's online testing, it's not related to the Satellite station, Dance and Chart music format with a professional sound and delivery.

There is actually... n-joyradio.com

These days, if you're not online it's like you don't exist. :)

• Advertisement

It's online testing, it's not related to the Satellite station, Dance and Chart music format with a professional sound and delivery.

Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

There's a relay of radio Caroline on 107.0 in cork city at the moment, nice surprise in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kiss radio dublin

Currently tuned to Kiss FM on 93.2. Good mix of classic tunes. But... Looks like they are following in Hot FM's footsteps when it comes to their audio. I've heard a few very low quality songs. Most likely "YouTube rips". Why do they do it??

While all this pirate activity is great, at least try sound decent while doing it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Phever & Trax are top dogs when it comes to audio processing, plus everything else.
    thanks for the imformation unfortunatly we are not like hot fm all our music are jenuine original wav files taken from jenuine cds we are also on low power at the moment with alot more work in the coming days playout system to be updated with more music also power increase also comeing ur way stay tuned kiss fm dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

thanks for the imformation unfortunatly we are not like hot fm all our music are jenuine original wav files taken from jenuine cds we are also on low power at the moment with alot more work in the coming days playout system to be updated with more music also power increase also comeing ur way stay tuned kiss fm dublin

Feels like we may remember you from some previous stations. Good on ya. And take it Easy :)

any online presence yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kiss radio dublin

Feels like we may remember you from some previous stations. Good on ya. And take it Easy :)
    Only one previous dance station that i can think of heat comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Trax on 107.1 South West Dublin

I beg to differ! Some of us here are big audiophiles. If all your tracks are WAV files then I need to replace every FM radio I have. And my ears! But just for Kiss FM, and Hot!

Nice grammer too ;)

• Advertisement

I beg to differ! Some of us here are big audiophiles. If all your tracks are WAV files then I need to replace every FM radio I have. And my ears! But just for Kiss FM, and Hot!

Nice grammer too

to be fair, there actually have been cases of genuine cds using lossy files as their original source.

Advertisement