Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

JDxtra wrote: »
    Over in Liffey Valley Dublin today, this is what I can get...

87.6 - Chill FM
    91.0 - HOT FM
    92.0 - RETRO FM
    98.9 - Abs.80s
    99.5 - FRESH FM
    105.7 - No.1 fm
    107.1 - TRAX

Big fans of their online relays they are there so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, Absolute 80s and No.1 FM been going years. Mentioned here a few times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

I have a statment from the owners of retro radio Retro radio is being bullied and jamed from a well known dublin dance radio station as we speak what we will tell you is we will not be bullied of the air by these people we will name and shame individuals involved in this kind of behavaiour if it continues we wont be haveing talks or meetings our answer is final **** of and find ur own freq

Retro fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Nice to hear trax Dublin back on during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Great job Trax sounding fantastic with lovely tight audio and a much improved signal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

Great job Trax sounding fantastic with lovely tight audio and a much improved signal :D

Thanks Mick, appreciate the great feedback. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Nice to hear trax Dublin back on during the day.

Same. Quality sound.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

104.7 blank carrier still on air in New Ross, along with the oldies station on 105.4. Blank carrier on 106.1 in Enniscorthy also.

104.7 is the New Ross church TX

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

BIG signal over here this afternoon from Zenith Classic rock on 5.78 mhz .
    Also big on --http://emeraldsdr.ddns.net:8073/
    Regards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Also this SDR in Bedford

http://remoteradio.changeip.org:8073/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

A lot of activity today in Dublin - unusual for a Monday :
    87.6 Chill - weak signal but very good audio
    91.0 Hot FM - no sign of the high power that was once suggested
    (91.6 Phever have not been heard since their low power return a few weeks ago after the June raids)
    92.0 Retro FM on air this evening - suffering interferance from the low power dance station on the west side of the city, the higher powered jamming tone is off this evening, there was white noise being transmitted on 92.0 earlier this morning.
    93.2 Kiss FM - on air sInce early afternoon
    99.5 Dance One / Fresh FM - weaker on the west side of the city - low modulation audio poor
    107.1 Trax - on air all day today,excellent audio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Intresting to see hot flogging the hell out of there event all week. Tickets clearly not moving as quickly as they would like. Giving away at least 10 tickets per show I wonder will FK pack up and go home after the event. Seems to be only interested in making money

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

castle2012 wrote: »
    Intresting to see hot flogging the hell out of there event all week. Tickets clearly not moving as quickly as they would like. Giving away at least 10 tickets per show I wonder will FK pack up and go home after the event. Seems to be only interested in making money

You hit the nail on the head there. I've been saying it since they came back. That's all he's ever interested in, how much he can make out of it all. Not doing for the love of music that's for sure!

Phever - rds PVR - now back on air with a string signal and good audio on 88.1 FM

You hit the nail on the head there. I've been saying it since they came back. That's all he's ever interested in, how much he can make out of it all. Not doing for the love of music that's for sure!

Aye, big up Trax, real oldskool station and with a big playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Aye, big up Trax, real oldskool station and with a big playlist.

Trax the best Dance Station on Audio and Signal great, totally automated, but that's the way these days as it's easy to operate, no studio required. Phever are on 88.1 they were on 92.0 and Alot going on there with Retro being there a few months. FK doesn't give a dam he's just in it foe the money, don't think there's many going, he has some of his crew out at various car parks selling tickets, some of them have given up, he's not in Dublin it's all via Facebook from Benidorm and he has his gang running around and listenes sharing the event via Facebook ! Doing all the work for him, it's a wonder they haven't switcherd off the Facebook link and got rid of him.

Pope fm has comenced with gospil music on 92.1fm blanch area of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

paulwilson wrote: »

Well holy God !

There was a very strong carrier earlier this morning (a repeat of last weekends carry on did cross my mind ) but the carrier switched off over lunch.

Surprised no one has appeared on 91.6 with Phever moving to 88.1 - also surprised no one using 101.2 albeit N-Joy testing on 101.4

Energy sounding good on 1395 today

• Advertisement

Assume this is a temp?

Assume this is a temp?
    Yes its one of the many listed freq

Pope visit allocated to:

87.7MHz
    89.3MHz
    91.5MHz
    92.1MHz
    93.7MHz
    94.3MHz
    95.9MHz
    97.4MHz
    98.9MHz
    99.5MHz
    101.1MHz
    105.2MHz
    107.4MHz
    107.8MHz

Which is slightly different to the original list published some months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

why does it need all those frequencies?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Not sure, maybe some are for different languages for the venues he will visit? Like a drive in movie would use, but for mass. Only a guess, I haven't seen any official communication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm sorry but Hot FM is piss poor, it's bad really bad, DJ sound like they've no interest at all, the same old usual stuff 'text us now' 'on the way' 'all the way to 2' come on. We have all moved past this stuff and commercial dance from the stone age, music is fluctuating and the sound difference each song. No originality what so ever. Hot came out of the ashes of Energy if I remember correctly, Frank is a chancer, he's living off a few months of Hot after years of someone else's product.

As for the FK stuff, you could make a drinking game out of it, each time you hear 'Frank Kennedy' or 'FK' you take a shot. Should just name the station 'Frank Kennedy FM'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HeyFrankie

Hot were kicked out of their studio a few weeks ago. Before that the Wright Venue kicked them out as well. They scrambled for an alternative and are now in the Turks Head. Not exactly prestigious.

Frank is going full throtle now trying to sell tickets to make a few quid. His entire show from Spain is about selling tickets and nothing else. Will he pay all the bills after the event, or will he do another runner? Let's see.

Frank even has the jocks are out selling the odd tickets in car parks. Have they no self respect? They are not getting paid. They are being misled and exploited.

I don’t condone the jamming of stations...but Bob Marley couldn’t come at a better time :)

HeyFrankie wrote: »
    Hot were kicked out of their studio a few weeks ago. Before that the Wright Venue kicked them out as well. They scrambled for an alternative and are now in the Turks Head. Not exactly prestigious.

Frank is going full throtle now trying to sell tickets to make a few quid. His entire show from Spain is about selling tickets and nothing else. Will he pay all the bills after the event, or will he do another runner? Let's see.

Frank even has the jocks are out selling the odd tickets in car parks. Have they no self respect? They are not getting paid. They are being misled and exploited.

ah, that explains that. i did wonder why the change of venue for that event. admittidly i was shocked he was even able to book the right venue in the first place. can it even be confirmed that he actually booked alice deejay and not a tribute act?
    I don’t condone the jamming of stations...but Bob Marley couldn’t come at a better time :)

it will probably be gone soon. just ignore it. jamming it will get the whole lot of the stations raided.
    TallGlass wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Hot FM is piss poor, it's bad really bad, DJ sound like they've no interest at all, the same old usual stuff 'text us now' 'on the way' 'all the way to 2' come on. We have all moved past this stuff and commercial dance from the stone age, music is fluctuating and the sound difference each song. No originality what so ever. Hot came out of the ashes of Energy if I remember correctly, Frank is a chancer, he's living off a few months of Hot after years of someone else's product.

As for the FK stuff, you could make a drinking game out of it, each time you hear 'Frank Kennedy' or 'FK' you take a shot. Should just name the station 'Frank Kennedy FM'.

hot fm came on early 2000 with a different owner and frank bought it out later on. energy came from ESG fm and kennedy bought energy around 2002/3 from it's owners. the original hot fm was automated mostly if i remember rightly and was actually a decent little station with potential.

• Advertisement

anyone know if kiss 93.2 has any web presence yet?

Advertisement