Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jocks out in car parks. It's like something from a play book for a night club on the Costa Del Sol, you couldn't write it. I wouldn't be doing it anyway, while some lad sits in Spain doing nothing about the major flaws one of which is over promotion and advertising on the station.

Anyway. I will leave it there. Plenty more stations to tickle my fancy. If Hot improve I will comment and admit so, I won't hold my breath for that one.

Think everyone expected a lot more from what was mention from Hot. Disappointed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

As a DJ on the Hot Fm in 2000 - 2004 the original owners were very professional and had great experience in radio, the original studio was the best I had ever seen for a pirate in those days, it was run very well FK then was just a dj doing an afternoon show, he then bought out the station in 2002 or so, the studio was moved to a different location in the same Ind Estate. It was never the same after that as he was constantly telling dj what to play and say, many left, he set up Vibe on 99.1 a rap r n b station automated. Also bought out Energy 94 and changed that, when various sandals broke out he ran back to the UK leaving a lot of equipment behind and unpaid sites etc. The Hot on now has very few Djs from the original, many djs were asked to return but didn't. It's all coming from Spain now FK has to play old music or Facebook will cut him off. It's only a matter of time before Djs go to site and stop his link from Benidorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Hot is cold! Nothing on 91.0 but their online stream is still up if anyone wants to keep listening :P

Hot is cold! Nothing on 91.0 but their online stream is still up if anyone wants to keep listening :P

No thanks, mast cut down I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rock Solid wrote: »

Hopefully this does not get silly....

Rock Out rock'in on 91.6 in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

91.6 sounding great, someone knows what they're doing. That's the way to do it. No fan fare or crazy claims beforehand - just appear and do your thing. And it's not a dance station, who would have thought? :)

No KISS on 93.2 today, it was on yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Your last two posts go hand in hand :)2+2 is 4

Not really, in fairness I think Kiss said on here they were only testing. It has been on and off and I know they have done some antenna work. I don't think it's a full service yet.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Not really, in fairness I think Kiss said on here they were only testing. It has been on and off and I know they have done some antenna work. I don't think it's a full service yet.

Kiss, Easy, Fun, Soul City, Rock Out, or whatever comes too mind all the one operation. See how long it lasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Kiss, Easy, Fun, Soul City, Rock Out, or whatever comes too mind all the one operation. See how long it lasts.
    get the facts right easy was the one operation which was myself kiss nothing to do with me fun only part i had was being a presenter soul city only part i had in that was engineering work this rock out has absolutely nothing to do with me what so ever get facts right before putting up anything on boards.ie

thanks paul wilson :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

paulwilson wrote: »
    get the facts right easy was the one operation which was myself kiss nothing to do with me fun only part i had was being a presenter soul city only part i had in that was engineering work this rock out has absolutely nothing to do with me what so ever get facts right before putting up anything on boards.ie

Didn't mention your name, best of luck with your ventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Someone did us a favour 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Fresh and Trax seem that be the only pirates on in West Dublin at the moment.

paulwilson wrote: »

Didn't mention your name, best of luck with your ventures.
    I never said you did but all stations bar one mentiond here are all related to me so you might as well be talking about me what adventure are you talking about only thing i an behind is easyradio and yes that continues online no fm services from me on air so please get the facts first and make sure you have all the right imformation before posting pure rubish on here yes i am going to defend myself the comment was aimed at me

Thanks again paul wilson
    easyradio.ie

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Fresh and Trax seem that be the only pirates on in West Dublin at the moment.

99.5 is a carrier. Also a carrier on 91.6. Phever have stated on their FB page that will be offline during the daytime.

Hot FM are back FFS! :(

Phever still seem to be testing on 88.1. Audio processor issues it sounds like. Good strong signal in West Dublin though!

Hot FM are back ffs :(

Phever still seem to be testing on 88.1. Audio processor issues it sounds like. Good strong signal in West Dublin though!

Eh FFS !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

JDxtra wrote: »
    99.5 is a carrier. Also a carrier on 91.6. Phever have stated on their FB page that will be offline during the daytime.

Offline as in meaning the stream also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Tonight in Dublin:

87.6 Chill - sounding very good
    88.1 Phever - distorted audio,no RDS, weaker then before
    91.0 Hot FM - signal same level as before in Dublin west
    91.6 Carrier - was Rock Out ? - any link to Retro ??
    93.2 Kiss appeared for a few seconds at 3.30pm today - off air sInce
    99.5 Carrier - RDS Fresh
    107.1 Trax - excellent signal and audio

No sign of N-Joy

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Tonight in Dublin:

87.6 Chill - sounding very good
    88.1 Phever - distorted audio,no RDS, weaker then before
    91.0 Hot FM - signal same level as before in Dublin west
    91.6 Carrier - was Rock Out ? - any link to Retro ??
    93.2 Kiss appeared for a few seconds at 3.30pm today - off air sInce
    99.5 Carrier - RDS Fresh
    107.1 Trax - excellent signal and audio

No sign of N-Joy
    91.6 no link to retro what so ever a seperate opperation altogeather

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Why are phever not using 93.2 any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Why are phever not using 93.2 any more?

91.6 gave them better coverage i believe hence they moved there off 93.2

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

NOW FM on 91.6 in West Dublin this evening. Mixture on dance/pop music

NOW FM on 91.6 in West Dublin this evening. Mixture on dance/pop music

No audio now. RDS still on.

Back on this morning. What's strange is they have no station imaging but they have a professional sounding ad for an insurance company!

Back on this morning. What's strange is they have no station imaging but they have a professional sounding ad for an insurance company!

That's the locksmiths ad Hot FM were playing! Only it seems to be in better audio quality.

That's the locksmiths ad Hot FM were playing! Only it seems to be in better audio quality.

No, Different ad.

No, Different ad.

I definitely heard the locksmiths ad last night. Could have been in the original file/song they were playing maybe? A bit odd.

• Advertisement

Now FM launch day... Live programming since 1pm. Going good so far with a good mix of tunes!

Advertisement