Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Stephen Dixon is apparently on Now from 7pm, a DJ who a month ago was one of FK’s team

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Stephen Dixon is apparently on Now from 7pm, a DJ who a month ago was one of FK’s team

Yeah Now Fm is a new station set up by some of ex Hot Fm crew and others but a different backer group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Now FM launch day... Live programming since 1pm. Going good so far with a good mix of tunes!
    Is there an online stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

castle2012 wrote: »

http://uk5.internet-radio.com:8023/

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Now FM launch day... Live programming since 1pm. Going good so far with a good mix of tunes!
    Found it nowfm.ie. Stevie d on it to. He was on hot fm to a few weeks ago. Looks like everyone abandoned hot fm. FK has himself and Lorraine Doyle. Bye Bye Hot fm

• Advertisement

Found it nowfm.ie. Stevie d on it to. He was on hot fm to a few weeks ago. Looks like everyone abandoned hot fm. FK has himself and Lorraine Doyle. Bye Bye Hot fm

i don't think hot fm will be going anywhere tbh. as much as people want it gone. dj's or no dj's won't matter to fk i don't think.

ID for the track in the Locktech add? I know, shame on me - it’s a classic

ID for the track in the Locktech add? I know, shame on me - it’s a classic

urban cooky collective the key the secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

urban cooky collective the key the secret.

"Yes, that is our number". Nicely made ad in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Phever coming in perfect in the car in Naas. When did that happen? Used to alway drop at the black church on the N7

• Advertisement

Now FM sounding great. However very commercial. Sounding like spin 1038.

Now FM sounding great. However very commercial. Sounding like spin 1038.

agreed to an extent. they do have quite a bit of dance programming though, so that sets them apart, and if they try and stay away from playing particular chart hits played by the legals then they will be commercial but not very. there is lots and lots of chart type music out there. it will be good to hear what n-joy offers when it comes on. all in all, some good stations coming on by the looks of it.

are hot fm still on fm in dublin? stream is down i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

are hot fm still on fm in dublin? stream is down i see.fm's stream is down, are they still on fm in dublin?

Not this morning anyway.

Now FM are essentially another Spin1038 with one or two dance shows. I believe Now FM and N-Joy Radio are the same entity
    RIP Hot FM

Now FM are essentially another Spin1038 with one or two dance shows. I believe Now FM and N-Joy Radio are the same entity
    RIP Hot FM
    I see pabio now has a show on now fm. Pabio was the station manager at hot fm. That leaves just 2 djs left on hot fm plus there off air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HeyFrankie

Hot were on last night but were gone by the morning so appear to have had some more issues. Some audio then returned in the afternoon but it sounds poor and is not a stereo signal. Internet stream is offline too. No information on the Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Nova off air on all frequencies from 12.55 to 1.15 approx,Spirit on a carrier only on 89.9,all other frequencies on as normal

Nova back but studio audio distorted

Spirit 89.9 (Dublin) and 92.2 (Kildare) both remain on a carrier.

Noticed when in Dublin today. Now fm was flickering between NINETIES and Now fm on the RDS in the car. Must be connected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Noticed when in Dublin today. Now fm was flickering between NINETIES and Now fm on the RDS in the car. Must be connected.

I saw that the other night too only Rock Out was coming up also.

Also Hot fm seem to be working of a different site as its much lower power and very poor in places

Also Hot fm seem to be working of a different site as its much lower power and very poor in places

Your right there. Signal is lousy lately. The end could be near for them... we hope! I hear they've another gig coming up too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I saw that the other night too only Rock Out was coming up also.

Was Rock Out just test transmissions for Now FM before it went live on 91.6? Has Retro FM gone, and, if so, were they kicked off 92.0 by another dance pirate? Of course, it could also be to do with Pope FM being allocated 92.1 among many other frequencies!

Was Rock Out just test transmissions for Now FM before it went live on 91.6? Has Retro FM gone, and, if so, were they kicked off 92.0 by another dance pirate? Of course, it could also be to do with Pope FM being allocated 92.1 among many other frequencies!

Yes Rock Out was testing for Now FM. But seems their RDS is bouncing around a bit the last few days. Still early days for them though so I'm sure it'll be sorted soon.

There was some jamming going on with Retro and another pirate alright, it was posted here a week or two ago.

I believe Phever was the station on 92.0 interfering with Retro. I think it’s still on air though.
    Hot FM have N-Trance in Turk’s Head next Saturday.

I presume Retro are remaining off for now as 92.1 is allocated for next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Music output all over the place tonight on now FM. Same song twice then two songs later the same artist. Then that got cut short.

I like the mix of music they play but hopefully it becomes a little more polished.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Music output all over the place tonight on now FM. Same song twice then two songs later the same artist. Then that got cut short.

I like the mix of music they play but hopefully it becomes a little more polished.

I've noticed that over the last few days. Could be whatever automation they use ain't configured properly. Mind you, I've even heard the DJs playing songs by the same artist within a few minutes of each other. No rules apply it seems.

I know it's a pirate and most people don't care anyhow and they can do what they like but at least have some sort of playlist rules in place. If they want to try be professional that is.

• Advertisement

In Dublin this morning...

91.0 - HOT FM - mono, no RDS, low volume
    91.6 - blank carrier, no RDS
    99.5 - blank carrier, no RDS
    107.1 - TRAX

Phever (88.1) are evenings/weekends for the moment, Chill FM (87.6) are part time. I've heard a carrier on occasion over the last few days on 92.0 (Retro I assume).

Advertisement