Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiler prices

Options
  • 25-04-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have a large bathroom which needs tiling, around 38 square yards. Any ideas on what the price should be per square yard or metre for a good quality tiler? Any guidance is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

I've a build that had a lot of tiling.

Quotes ranged from €10/sqm to €18/sqm. Funnily the €10 guys were the guys that would use any adhesive (cheap & cheerful) the €18 guys were not prepared to use anything but their specified adhesive/grout as they would then totally stand over the finished product - very valid especially as we have underfloor heating - so didn't want cracks...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wisjoc

Very useful. Many thanks. Am going with the most expensive quote (€16 per square yard) simply on the basis the guy sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

wisjoc wrote: »
    I have a large bathroom which needs tiling, around 38 square yards. Any ideas on what the price should be per square yard or metre for a good quality tiler? Any guidance is welcome.

To be honest when it comes to one off bathrooms and the like there generally is no real cost guide. Generally its down to what income a person wants to earn in a day. I would generally advise you to go with someone who you are confident in and who has completed good quality work previously.

Advertisement