Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I think I'm one of the three! Welcomed my little girls yesterday afternoon at 2.35pm & 2.37pm by planned c section. Awestruck would be a pretty good word for how I feel right now. Sore and tired after it all but totally elated.

Aww Congrats,a lovely early Christmas present for you.enjoy every minute xx

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I already posted this on the December thread but thought I'd share here too...

Just a little bag packing tip for those of you still to go - either bring a little night light or put an app on your phone. In the rotunda the small light at the bed can be in an awkward spot on some beds or if you are sore you might not want to be twisting. I have used the night light on my phone last few nights and find it great. Bright enough to change/feed by without totally waking baby and then they don't gristle as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Happy Xmas everyone!!! I'm due this date next month please god. This time next month most of us will have our little bundles of joy or won't be far off xx

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Congrats Hello Lady xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

congrats hello lady!
    We're booked in for next week and it looks like new years day babies for us!
    Really looking forward to it.
    happy Christmas ladies and gents and the best of luck from us!
    Love
    E & J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

The doctor told me this morning that the head is way down and I could go aaaany minute now! :D Could still be a 2013 baby, you never know!

My blood pressure is back to normal (had been high the last two weeks.) So all looking good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I hope everyone is keeping well, not long to go now :) it couldn't come quick enough, can't wait until hyperemesis and heartburn are gone forever! Just to let everyone know aldi are doing gym balls on thurs 2nd January (they are supposedly good to get the baby's head down) €6.99. They come with a pump which is handy, was going to get one in argos but no stock and don't feel like driving around!
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-2nd-january/products-detail-page/ps/p/gym-ballgym-mat/
    I for one will be on it everyday, anything to get this baby moving! :)
    I have posted over on the newborn bargains some great items in symths, it might be useful if anyone wants moses basket or a nursing chair!

I find the gym ball handy sometimes if I just can't get comfy sitting anywhere else!

Is the Aldi one anti-burst? When I was looking into getting mine, that's what it said on all the sites, to make sure it's anti-burst ... means it'll deflate slowly rather than just going POP if it gets a puncture! Now that may well be just some marketing bullcrap. :rolleyes: I didn't want to take the chance though!

I find the gym ball handy sometimes if I just can't get comfy sitting anywhere else!

Is the Aldi one anti-burst? When I was looking into getting mine, that's what it said on all the sites, to make sure it's anti-burst ... means it'll deflate slowly rather than just going POP if it gets a puncture! Now that may well be just some marketing bullcrap. :rolleyes: I didn't want to take the chance though!

I wouldn't have a clue if it is anti burst! Lidl are doing them too on Thursday €7.99
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-F3A12090-15CEF716/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=1357

You'd know it was that time of the year! :D At least we don't have to worry about New Years fitness resolutions for another few weeks/months!

Anyone doing the Genesis study in Holles St? I've my scan for it today, 39 weeks. Doubt I'll be able to see much at this stage, he'll be so squished up!

• Advertisement

You'd know it was that time of the year! :D At least we don't have to worry about New Years fitness resolutions for another few weeks/months!

Anyone doing the Genesis study in Holles St? I've my scan for it today, 39 weeks. Doubt I'll be able to see much at this stage, he'll be so squished up!

I actually was only talking about it with the OH yesterday!
    I was always all for it but at this stage I don't think I could face going into Holles street (it is such a hassle!) I got the PEAR one and it was very good so detailed and she spent a good 30 minutes with us. I am happy enough all is well My next appointment is 6th January so I will see what the domino midwives say!

Mine was in a really awkward position for the PEARS one, and the 20 week one, so we couldn't see much ... I'm sure this one will be no different. :rolleyes: He's an awkward little fecker already!! :D

Yeah I'm kind of regretting signing up, I'm sooo not arsed driving into town on a Saturday ... but it's booked now, so I'll go through with it. Had a mini-scan only yesterday and all was grand!

Mine was in a really awkward position for the PEARS one, and the 20 week one, so we couldn't see much ... I'm sure this one will be no different. :rolleyes: He's an awkward little fecker already!! :D

Yeah I'm kind of regretting signing up, I'm sooo not arsed driving into town on a Saturday ... but it's booked now, so I'll go through with it. Had a mini-scan only yesterday and all was grand!

I never have a clue what I am looking at the scans! It all seems to be organs! I love getting the print off of measurements and then you can see the growth! It gives me piece of mind as my bump is still so small I am sick of people telling me how neat I am so much so I was actually sent for a growth scan and the joke is he is so big and will be a good 9lbs. The plus side is I still fit into my normal clothes :)

I'm the same, people are constantly on about how small my bump is, his size is perfect though!

I'm so glad I went for that scan today - got some unbelievably clear pics, including some great 3D ones of his face! Cannot believe how clearly you can see every little detail, he's a cutie! :D

She checked all the organs etc again too and everything looks great. :) The head's not engaged yet, so I'm guessing I could be waiting another while before anything starts happening.

I'm the same, people are constantly on about how small my bump is, his size is perfect though!

I'm so glad I went for that scan today - got some unbelievably clear pics, including some great 3D ones of his face! Cannot believe how clearly you can see every little detail, he's a cutie! :D

She checked all the organs etc again too and everything looks great. :) The head's not engaged yet, so I'm guessing I could be waiting another while before anything starts happening.

That is brill! I am not 39 for another 2 weeks I think! Would love some 3d ones so maybe closer to the time I may ring and book. I actually took the leaflet when I was in the hospital for 12 week appointment. You just ring the fetal assessment place don't you? I can't wait for this baby to come anytime after 1st January and I will be happy :) don't know how much longer I can handle the vomiting everyday :(

You can ring them, or there's an email address on the information leaflet (or I can PM it to you if you need it.) They just ask if the baby is head down and if it's been a normal straightforward pregnancy.

They take your own head circumference as well as the baby's, and then just a few questions about family medical history etc.

The nurse doing it was just lovely. Spent ages with us, and I really didn't expect the 3D pics etc! Oh and he got 8/8 in the well-being test. :cool: Very reassuring!

Any New Year babies from this group??

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

Twin girls!
    31st at 1710 and 1720
    All well
    Just thrilled.
    Happy New Year!

jucko wrote: »
    Twin girls!
    31st at 1710 and 1720
    All well
    Just thrilled.
    Happy New Year!

Wow, congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Twin girls!
    31st at 1710 and 1720
    All well
    Just thrilled.
    Happy New Year!

Great news! Congratulations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Baby boy on Monday. Sharing a room with the nations first 2014 baby.

Congrats ladies. What a way to start the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bean14

congratulations. enjoy every minute of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi All, Happy New Year :)
    Joining this group from the December 2013 group as Bubs hasn't arrived yet.
    I'm back in the hospital tomorrow (40w + 6d) for a normal check up but hopefully something will happen before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Congrats to those of you who have had your babies. Lovely way to ring in the new year :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww congrats girls:))
    The rest of you are nearly there now:)
    My eldest was 5 today(9 days early) and my baby (8 or more days late,I slightly forget) will be one on Saturday. Time flies!

Back in hospital today. 37 weeks baby is no longer breech. Seems to have gained around one lb since 34 weeks they now reckon baby is 8lb

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Twin girls!
    31st at 1710 and 1720
    All well
    Just thrilled.
    Happy New Year!

Congrats jucko! How are you finding things so far? Did Mammy have a c section? I have to say my recovery from my c has been flying. Once the first day or two went by and I could get up and about I started to feel much better. 2 weeks on now and I am grand, other than the odd twinge or stiffness.

Are you home yet? That's when the fun begins! We have had some BAD nights thanks to colic and constipation. But using colief and infacol and brown sugar and water and touch wood it seems to be working - we even got a run of 5 hours sleep last night!
    Before the colic appeared though it wasn't too bad - bit of a conveyor belt of change, feed, wind, change, feed, wind but despite the exhaustion we are loving every minute.

Hope your missis is doing well. Enjoy your girls. Ours are the most wonderful things we ever did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

After waking with regular Braxton Hicks from 6 a.m, I started the day hopeful that something was happening then nothing happened. Went in for my usual antenatal appointment and was told that all is as it should be with the baby and that if I hadn't gone by next Wednesday, I have to go back to the hospital (Holles st) for a full scan.
    I didn't get a chance to ask the midwife if that was the norm but I'm hoping that when nothing out of the ordinary came up on mini scan today that next week is just a scan to decide on the next steps. Can anyone advise? Thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just routine to check fluid around baby and if placenta is ok because it can start to lose function once you go overdue. It's usually after 42 weeks it stops functioning though.

Advertisement