Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They say a natural tear heals better and quicker and most of the time they can not predict a tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Moonbeam wrote: »
    They say a natural tear heals better and quicker and most of the time they can not predict a tear.

Really? She said those 2nd and 3rd degree ones were bad! I think they must of been trying to scare us into doing that perineal massage lol lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I haven't done that either ... oops! :o

I haven't done that either ... oops! :o

Me neither and won't be let me tell you! No one I asked has done it either! I think they are just scaring us as they told us if we don't do it there is a high probability we will tear. I can't see or reach down there anyway it is too far away with bump! I am not taking that crazy iron either as I was too sick! Gp told me not to but midwives weren't impressed and were like "well I hope you won't need it". Again I think they are trying to scare me!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Lying in bed trying to decide if something is starting. Not due for another 20 days. Getting a good bit of tightning in the tummy and some pain. Nothing i cant handle at the moment but not sure if im just willing it to be the start of something.

• Advertisement

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Lying in bed trying to decide if something is starting. Not due for another 20 days. Getting a good bit of tightning in the tummy and some pain. Nothing i cant handle at the moment but not sure if im just willing it to be the start of something.

The baby is pretty much cooked at this stage? That's what I keep telling myself when I am wishing for him to come early!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Starting to panic that this one's early as well - he has to stay in for another 3 weeks as we have no one to look after number 1 should I go into labour now...my family doesn't arrive until the 20th to help out and there's no capable family on my husband's side...due on 25th. :o fingers crossed...

Still trying to make up my mind about vbac or pushing for a scheduled section. Midwives seem to encourage vbac, but I'm slightly scared of scar tearing etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

galah wrote: »
    Starting to panic that this one's early as well - he has to stay in for another 3 weeks as we have no one to look after number 1 should I go into labour now...my family doesn't arrive until the 20th to help out and there's no capable family on my husband's side...due on 25th. :o fingers crossed...

Still trying to make up my mind about vbac or pushing for a scheduled section. Midwives seem to encourage vbac, but I'm slightly scared of scar tearing etc...

I had a VBAC on my second, really wanted a section all the way through but decided at 36 weeks to just go for it. It was successful, there was some pressure on my scar (midwives told me to tell them if it felt painful and when I did they ignored me so they must know when to worry and not to worry) but nothing major. I had the epidural and it had worn off by pushing stage so was able to feel myself pushing and only had a tiny tear that needed 2/3 stitches.

Millem wrote: »
    The baby is pretty much cooked at this stage? That's what I keep telling myself when I am wishing for him to come early!

Well i am still waiting. Nothing happening today :-(

Today's my due date, definitely doesn't feel like anything will happen any time soon. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Im still waiting too :-( was due on Thursday! Still feel like nothing happening!

Wish everyone would stop asking me if there is any movement,im only 2 days over due. Oh and then when you reply no movement they say oh i bet you'll have it on this day! Fook off!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

Congrats jucko! How are you finding things so far? Did Mammy have a c section? I have to say my recovery from my c has been flying. Once the first day or two went by and I could get up and about I started to feel much better. 2 weeks on now and I am grand, other than the odd twinge or stiffness.

Are you home yet? That's when the fun begins! We have had some BAD nights thanks to colic and constipation. But using colief and infacol and brown sugar and water and touch wood it seems to be working - we even got a run of 5 hours sleep last night!
    Before the colic appeared though it wasn't too bad - bit of a conveyor belt of change, feed, wind, change, feed, wind but despite the exhaustion we are loving every minute.

Hope your missis is doing well. Enjoy your girls. Ours are the most wonderful things we ever did!

I was getting up for work Monday at 6, but as its Christmas theres no panic , so I said, sure a snooze might do.OH returned from loo for a snooze and a few secs later said" eh I think my waters broke". "Jesus is this a dream " I said and ,well, it wasn't.We rang the hospital and they said come on and in what now and then seemed like a dream, we had our porridge and coffee and got showered .As I work from home, I worked for an hour and then off we went!
    Anyway , labour was 5 hours, and all was very calm. Later on in the room ,fireworks were going off and it was just the most unbelievable thing!!

""bit of a conveyor belt of change, feed, wind, change, feed, wind but despite the exhaustion we are loving every minute.""

This is exactly how we are, just loving it, our wee girls, each other....
    All is just great. Best of luck Hello Lady and everyone else, we deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bean14

three weeks till due date, feeling good just big and uncomfortable. would love to go early. def getting the braxton hicks. hoping ive a healthy baby

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Ladies don't be too worried about c sections and healing. There really is no way to know how things will go, natural or if you have a section. I had my epidural quite high because I had twins and second twin was very high. So I was numb from just below my collar bone. The epidural itself wasn't painful at all and all done very quickly. I was quite sick from the anaesthetic and the meds to make you feel better didn't work cos my cannula collapsed and wasn't realised until I was on my way back to the ward. It also meant my oxytocin wasn't getting into me quick enough so had a bit of extra bleeding but other than that there were no dramas. I had the babies at 2.35 and 2.37 and by 6 was feeling much better, epidural wearing off (normally wears off quicker if it's not as high as mine), nausea worn off etc. By next day felt a bit wrecked and wobbly but was able to have a shower and get in and out of bed fine. In fact I was better than one lady in my room who tore very badly and could barely move. At least I could sit! Anyway, 2 weeks on, my scar is grand, not as big as I was expecting. Some cramps and twinges but honestly its not as bad at all as I was led to believe. If I do a lot of bending I get a few darts but other than avoiding lifting heavy things I'm grand, can lift babies no bother, bend over cot etc. Just struggle to get from lying to upright if I'm holding baby as the site physio told me to avoid using the tummy muscles too much for the first few weeks

I have no stitches to be removed either.

So don't stress too much. Natural or medical there are pros and cons. Be open to whatever is best for you and your baby. There are horror stories about everything - epidurals going wrong, tears, badly healing sections, etc etc. Try not to focus too much on those things - more births of all types go well than go wrong. Just let your doctor and midwife know what you would prefer but don't get too hung up on a perfect birth or trying to control the whole thing.

We are women, we are phenomenally capable and amazing! Whatever type of birth you end up having you will be fine!!!!

Time is just dragging in now :-( Still have just over two weeks to go.

I downloaded an app for timing contractions today! Now just waiting for them to start ...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I remember the squeezing of my phone trying to activate it ,it was really useful when we got to the hospital though as contractions were a minute apart. Though at that stage I had prob given up trying to press it myself.

Yeah i have an app too. Have used it twice so far only for them to stop. My DH laughed wanted to know how i timed contractions on the last two when there where no apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Ladies don't be too worried about c sections and healing. There really is no way to know how things will go, natural or if you have a section. I had my epidural quite high because I had twins and second twin was very high. So I was numb from just below my collar bone. The epidural itself wasn't painful at all and all done very quickly. I was quite sick from the anaesthetic and the meds to make you feel better didn't work cos my cannula collapsed and wasn't realised until I was on my way back to the ward. It also meant my oxytocin wasn't getting into me quick enough so had a bit of extra bleeding but other than that there were no dramas. I had the babies at 2.35 and 2.37 and by 6 was feeling much better, epidural wearing off (normally wears off quicker if it's not as high as mine), nausea worn off etc. By next day felt a bit wrecked and wobbly but was able to have a shower and get in and out of bed fine. In fact I was better than one lady in my room who tore very badly and could barely move. At least I could sit! Anyway, 2 weeks on, my scar is grand, not as big as I was expecting. Some cramps and twinges but honestly its not as bad at all as I was led to believe. If I do a lot of bending I get a few darts but other than avoiding lifting heavy things I'm grand, can lift babies no bother, bend over cot etc. Just struggle to get from lying to upright if I'm holding baby as the site physio told me to avoid using the tummy muscles too much for the first few weeks

I have no stitches to be removed either.

So don't stress too much. Natural or medical there are pros and cons. Be open to whatever is best for you and your baby. There are horror stories about everything - epidurals going wrong, tears, badly healing sections, etc etc. Try not to focus too much on those things - more births of all types go well than go wrong. Just let your doctor and midwife know what you would prefer but don't get too hung up on a perfect birth or trying to control the whole thing.

We are women, we are phenomenally capable and amazing! Whatever type of birth you end up having you will be fine!!!!

Super Super post thanks for that, having a section on Thursday. Glad to read all is going well with the girls

Does anyone else find it so hard to sleep at night? I am tossing and turning and seem to be waking up on the hour! Hyperemesis has started to get worse over the two days, I hope this is a sign the baby is coming :) got my ball in aldi too, was a bit scared of it at first but it is real sturdy :)

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find it so hard to sleep at night? I am tossing and turning and seem to be waking up on the hour! Hyperemesis has started to get worse over the two days, I hope this is a sign the baby is coming :) got my ball in aldi too, was a bit scared of it at first but it is real sturdy :)

I really feel for you with the hyperemesis. There is nothing worse in my opinion.

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I really feel for you with the hyperemesis. There is nothing worse in my opinion.

It is dreadful it is back to waking me up in the night to vomit :( it is draining me. Literally vomiting all food back up! But thankfully can hold down liquid but once I start eating it starts again. Can't cope if I go overdue. I have probably only had 7 days of no vomiting since 4 weeks preggers :( people don't believe me when I tell them he will be an only child can't do it again.

I've heard nausea/vomiting can be a sign that the baby's coming soon - so fingers crossed for you!

I'm still sleeping fine, apart from a few loo trips during the night. Taking lots of naps during the day as well, may as well do it now while I can!

My hips are sore the last couple of days, I'm hoping it could be a sign of things starting, more likely it's just normal pregnancy pains though.

No contractions yet, plenty of painless Braxton Hicks.

I'm bouncing away on my ball lots, makes me feel like I'm doing something at least! :o

I have had the sickness on all 3 much worse on this one. On my first two it stopped at about 5 months but on this one it only stopped xmas day even then the actual hyperemises stopped about 4months in on all of them. I said on each one never again :-) which would explain why there is an 11 yr gap between d first two and a 7 year gap this time.

I've heard nausea/vomiting can be a sign that the baby's coming soon - so fingers crossed for you!

I'm still sleeping fine, apart from a few loo trips during the night. Taking lots of naps during the day as well, may as well do it now while I can!

My hips are sore the last couple of days, I'm hoping it could be a sign of things starting, more likely it's just normal pregnancy pains though.

No contractions yet, plenty of painless Braxton Hicks.

I'm bouncing away on my ball lots, makes me feel like I'm doing something at least! :o

I hope to god you are right! Head is down but not fully engaged! How often should we go on the ball? I did an hour last night, didnt really have a clue what I should be doing on it so I was swaying/rolling hips and then bouncing! :) found out yesterday OH has to go abroad for work for 1 night 6 days after due date, holles street let you go over by 14 so I hope baby comes before his trip. If not do you think they would induce? We would be devasted if he missed it but he has to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

been dreaming about waters breaking :eek: sleep is not really happening at all, everything's too sore, and if things stop being sore for a minute, I need to get up to pee...defo not having any more kids after this one, pregnancy is such a pain in the backside (literally...). :o although, it would be nice to have a little girl to complete the family :o

hope all goes well for anyone who's still waiting for their babies ;-)

Millem, not sure about Holles Street but we had a simliar dilemma with our first, in terms of timing etc - and not wanting to destroy your hopes, but our doc was not budging to my pleas of getting me induced for a certain date, came hell or high water. He was going to wait the full 10 days here, no matter what. Luckily, I went before that. Fingers crossed it works out for ye!

galah wrote: »
    been dreaming about waters breaking :eek: sleep is not really happening at all, everything's too sore, and if things stop being sore for a minute, I need to get up to pee...defo not having any more kids after this one, pregnancy is such a pain in the backside (literally...). :o although, it would be nice to have a little girl to complete the family :o

hope all goes well for anyone who's still waiting for their babies ;-)

Millem, not sure about Holles Street but we had a simliar dilemma with our first, in terms of timing etc - and not wanting to destroy your hopes, but our doc was not budging to my pleas of getting me induced for a certain date, came hell or high water. He was going to wait the full 10 days here, no matter what. Luckily, I went before that. Fingers crossed it works out for ye!

O no! I hope to god he come before that so! Holles street tell me 14 days!!!! I will be so upset if OH is not there. He is a big baby gp actually asked if they were going to let me go over! Maybe between the size and the vomiting they might? Or maybe he might come early or on time? Here's hoping!

It is dreadful it is back to waking me up in the night to vomit :( it is draining me. Literally vomiting all food back up! But thankfully can hold down liquid but once I start eating it starts again. Can't cope if I go overdue. I have probably only had 7 days of no vomiting since 4 weeks preggers :( people don't believe me when I tell them he will be an only child can't do it again.

I only had it on my 1st but not on the other 3:)
    I feel for you:( it is not easy but it ends the day you give birth:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I only had it on my 1st but not on the other 3:)
    I feel for you:( it is not easy but it ends the day you give birth:)

I can't wait! Bring on the labour! Seriously though I think it is the worse it has been yet. What is going on? Is it body clearing out for labour? Ante natal class told us you might get diahorrea but I have never had diahorrea before (very bizarre I know!) so I don't think I am going to get it!

• Advertisement

I'm 14 days over on Saturday week (IF I get that far, hopefully not) ... I wonder do Holles St do inductions at weekends, or will they bring it forward a couple of days so it's during the week? I'm sure I'll find out at my appointment on Friday anyways! I want an end date!

Ended up in hospital today because I couldn't feel the baby moving at all. Everything was fine though, except my blood pressure was crazy high (again!), it settled down after a couple of hours though so they let me home.

They said I couldn't feel him moving because of his position and the position of the placenta - same thing happened at about 30 weeks. I felt like a right eejit when we could clearly see him moving on the scan, but I couldn't feel a thing. :o As the doctor said though, always better to be safe than sorry, and they'd rather you come in several times a week with all false alarms, than to sit at home and ignore lack of movement ... especially at this stage.

Cannot wait till the baby is out of me so that I can actually see him and know that he's ok, instead of worrying all the time!

Advertisement