Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

We'll I'm due at hospital Thursday afternoon to be admitted for induction.Gonna do absolutely nothing tomorrow..
    Will probably be the last time in a long long time that I can plan that..:D

Me too,back in Thursday morn for induction,unless it happens between now and then!

Was just sayin the exact same thing too,doing nothing tomo! Pj and movie day for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bean14

I was lucky enough to have a baby girl today. All is well thank god. Had an emergency section after getting to 5cm very fast. Didn't really mind as id no birth plan. Im breastfeeding so far. Shes tiny and is gorgeous. It really is worth all the side effects of pregnancy. Good luck everyone

bean14 wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to have a baby girl today. All is well thank god. Had an emergency section after getting to 5cm very fast. Didn't really mind as id no birth plan. Im breastfeeding so far. Shes tiny and is gorgeous. It really is worth all the side effects of pregnancy. Good luck everyone

Aww congrats, thats great news x

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

bean14 wrote: »

Aww:) congrats.
    Does she have a name?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I had a baby boy earlier this evening bang on his due date. So much easier second time around! He's latching on well so far. Trying to get some sleep but there is too much adrenalin running through my blood!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww:) congrats
    Happy 1st night with your little boy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Bagheera wrote: »
    I had a baby boy earlier this evening bang on his due date. So much easier second time around! He's latching on well so far. Trying to get some sleep but there is too much adrenalin running through my blood!

Huge congrats! I know the feeling - I sat up all night just staring at mine the first night! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

congrats bean and bagheera!

Finally the babies are rolling in :D

Bagheera wrote: »

Congrats,enjoy every minute x

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Congrats to you both x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bean14

Her name is isobel. Im fascinated that she was in my tummy for so long and now she is here. Im totally over the moon. Its hard going but amazing. Haven't mastered the latching on yet. Always need help so just taking it feed by feed

I found the hardest thing for the 1st few weeks was breastfeeding:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ftm1989

Hi can any1 tell me where I can buy cheap flip flops for my hospital bag pennys dnt have them I checked dunnes stores too. they have it on debenhams online for16 eeuro's.that's expensive

Moonbeam wrote: »

I hadn't gotten him latched on properly once, until today. Went along to one of the Holles St groups, the lactation consultant got me using a Latch Assist thing and nipple shields, and he immediately latched on and had a full big feed! Couldn't believe it! :)

ftm1989 wrote: »
    Hi can any1 tell me where I can buy cheap flip flops for my hospital bag pennys dnt have them I checked dunnes stores too. they have it on debenhams online for16 eeuro's.that's expensive

I got mine for a fiver in the sports shop on Suffolk St ... try the swimwear sections of the different sports shops, they sometimes have them there, I tried tonnes of shoe shops and clothes shops and couldn't get cheap ones anywhere!

Moonbeam wrote: »

I hear ya, same experience here. My problems were solved with nipple shields and sheer stubborness, but geez it was tough going for a while!

How are the ladies doing who went in for induction?

I'm getting very concerned about the VBAC thing here, had a slightly disturbing chat with the midwife yesterday, she basically said that while they give me a 'trial of labour', I'll be on the hospital's timeline and under their policies, so if the tiniest thing doesnt go according to what it should be (say, a stage of labour taking longer than the 'guidelines', they'll intervene. Not happy. :( (dont get me wrong, intervention is necessary for medical emergencies, no question about that, but she sounded like they'll use any excuse to section...might just be my interpretation though...).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ftm1989

galah wrote: »
    I hear ya, same experience here. My that's what ems were solved with nipple shields and sheer stubborness, but geez it was tough going for a while!

I'm getting very concerned about the VBAC thing here, had a slightly disturbing chat with the midwife yesterday, she basically said that while they give me a 'trial of labour', I'll be on the hospital's timeline and under their policies, so if the tiniest thing doesnt go according to what it should be (say, a stage of labour taking longer than the 'guidelines', they'll intervene. Not happy. :( (dont get me wrong, intervention is necessary for medical emergencies, no question about that, but she sounded like they'll use any excuse to section...might just be my interpretation though...).

That doesnt sound good which hospital is this if u dnt mine me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

We'll was in for 2pm and they did an hour long trace on baby's heartbeat and the usual checks on me....Am home again now but back for 7.30 to be shown to my bed.Talk of the gel tonight but will have to wait and see....It's great to think that it's coming to an end though....People are asking me if I'm planning on keeping the baby in until it turns 18!!!Feels like it at times....

ftm1989 wrote: »
    That doesnt sound good which hospital is this if u dnt mine me asking

maybe I am just overly sensitive but yeah, left me slightly worried. I'm in UHG.
    I really, really hope things will work out naturally (unless there is an actual medical worry, obviously)...

Good luck Leitrim Lady, hope things will be quick and you'll be able to see the little one soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We'll was in for 2pm and they did an hour long trace on baby's heartbeat and the usual checks on me....Am home again now but back for 7.30 to be shown to my bed.Talk of the gel tonight but will have to wait and see....It's great to think that it's coming to an end though....People are asking me if I'm planning on keeping the baby in until it turns 18!!!Feels like it at times....

Leitrim lady I am so jealous. I can barely walk with the pressure pain in my pelvis. Just think this time tomorrow you could be holding your baby :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I hear ya, same experience here. My problems were solved with nipple shields and sheer stubborness, but geez it was tough going for a while!

Have you joined the VBAC Ireland group on Facebook? I joined it recently (this will be my third VBAC hopefully!!). On my first VBAC I followed all their rules, continuous monitoring, on the clock everything.

On my second there was no time so managed it without the continuous monitoring and I think being able to move around helped me so much in labour. I'm planning on discussing having no continuous monitoring this time (just intermittent with a doppler) but I know I'll come up against it with the consultants in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

My little man finally arrived safe and sound last Thursday (13 days overdue)
    They finally decided to induce me when my blood pressure rocketed. Had gel at 12pm Wednesday and when nothing happened they gave me more gel at 8pm. The contractions (I got them in my back) were coming every 3 minutes all through Wednesday night. On Thursday morning around 8 am they broke my waters and contractions got closer together. Was brought down to labour ward at around 12pm and got to 5 cms fairly quickly. When things slowed down a bit they gave me some oxytocin. Around 7 pm Bubs became distressed so they decided to go down the forceps/episiotomy route and at 7:48 he was born (all 8lbs 8ozs of him!!)
    I had a lot of blood loss and needed stitches but he's so worth it.
    I fed him myself for the first 2 days but then had to move onto bottle because my milk wasn't coming in and he was fairly hungry.
    I then ended up needing a blood transfusion because my haemoglobin levels were very low but feeling ok now and little man is thriving.
    Best of luck and hugs to all the other Mammies (and Daddies) xx

oh you poor thing:( that sounds quite traumatic.
    Glad to hear both you and baby are doing well.

Was due in for induction Thursday morning but as this baby doesn't like to go by an organised time line decided to give me a fairly bloody show about half two the night before,cue slightly nervous dash to hospital,got checked over all perfect. Brought me up to pre natal ward,by 9am my cervix was favourable so they just went and broke my waters,thank god no gel,by 12 i was 2cm dilated,so they moved me down to labour room. Needed gas and air at this stage,helped lot plus the gym ball,then got the pethadine and they put me on the drip to move contractions along,started running into each other,with no break in between,very tough workers at 6cm i got the epidural,and that just relaxed me so much,and then finally with no intervention thank god our beautiful baby boy Sebastian was born at 23.10 weighing 9 pounds 6 ounces.
    I could not be happier,and i have to say the girls here in Holles st are amazing,really made the day extra special,truly brilliant here.

Hope everyone is doin great and good luck to all you still waiting,its totally totally worth every minute of it xxx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Chemist Difference

My wife's contractions started at six this morning. They are getting gradually stronger and still going, however there the time interval between them isn't consistently getting shorter. They have gone down to 5 minutes and back up to 10 minutes. At the moment they vary from 6, 8 and 10 minutes but getting strong nevertheless.

Had any else experienced contractions like this, her due date is today by the way.

The contractions are at a consistent 6 minutes now and getting quite intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd start heading to hospital if you haven't already, they say to come when contractions are five minutes apart.

Good luck:))

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Good luck seems like your baby will be here today :-)

• Advertisement

About to head in now. My wife is just afraid they'll send us home as thats what they did on our first. But don't think the contractions where as intense as these when she was told to go home.

Advertisement