Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Coopaloop wrote: »
    we have been using aldi size 3 and find them brilliant, never leak. As a gift someone gave us pampers size 3 active fit and I cannot believe how many times I had to change entire out fits with them, they leaked almost every single time, didn't even finish the pack, have half of them upstairs.

I've heard good things about supervalu own brand, and tesco too. But for me aldi are great.

We used aldi size 2 and they were amazing!my only concern is that they have so much padding his clothes will be so tight lol.(his buttons on his 6-9 month outfit yestday kept popping!!) I didn't like supervalu magics, way too thin, tesco just leaked on us, boots were good. I have 2 packs of pampers size 3s unopened that I will bring back and swap plus I also have a size 3+, I may swap that too. (No receipts but I am sure they will swap?). I also found a pack of size 4 lidl that I will start using today!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Millem wrote: »
    We used aldi size 2 and they were amazing!my only concern is that they have so much padding his clothes will be so tight lol.(his buttons on his 6-9 month outfit yestday kept popping!!) I didn't like supervalu magics, way too thin, tesco just leaked on us, boots were good. I have 2 packs of pampers size 3s unopened that I will bring back and swap plus I also have a size 3+, I may swap that too. (No receipts but I am sure they will swap?). I also found a pack of size 4 lidl that I will start using today!

where did you buy them? tesco customer service told me they only take back their own brand because without a receipt the pampers could have been bought anywhere and might have been on offer. I ended up giving two bags of size 2's to a friend because we had no receipt.

where did you buy them? tesco customer service told me they only take back their own brand because without a receipt the pampers could have been bought anywhere and might have been on offer. I ended up giving two bags of size 2's to a friend because we had no receipt.

I am going to swap them for size 4s in supervalue

Love love love supervalue/superquinn, swapped my nappies no probs :) I have maybe 5 size 3s left and they are grand of the day but night time they leak! And sometimes leave a red mark like they are too tight :( Size 4 lidl are prefect fit but haven't tried them at night. So just got size 4 pampers :) he is growing so quick! Now in some 9-12 months clothes :confused: I think I may need to get trusty old aldi for the night as he sleeps till 9 am now and I am not going to wake him up early for a nappy change!! My diet is starting very soon, am sick of my clothes being so tight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing great. Only looking at my LO today and thinking this time last year I didn't even know she existed and now she is almost 4 months. I don't miss what felt like the longest pregnancy ever or the horrible morning sickness and heartburn but she was so worth it. She was christened last weekend so glad the is out of the way. Have already started to spoon feed her and she is loving it. The PHN was happy enough for me to do it. She is already at the 1 stone mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing great. Only looking at my LO today and thinking this time last year I didn't even know she existed and now she is almost 4 months. I don't miss what felt like the longest pregnancy ever or the horrible morning sickness and heartburn but she was so worth it. She was christened last weekend so glad the is out of the way. Have already started to spoon feed her and she is loving it. The PHN was happy enough for me to do it. She is already at the 1 stone mark.

I really wish public health nurses were all singing from the same hymn sheet, everything I hear is different with regards to feeding. We had his milestone check up the middle of April and he was 15 pounds and she told us to wait till as near to six months as possible, we weighed him yesterday and he is 16 and a half pounds. So I don't know what to do, he is 16 weeks today, I'll wait another while I guess, back to work the 1St July so I think I will start two weeks before I go back.

Anyone else confused?

i find the PHN'S with children are happy enough to let you do your own thing unless it's really out there. My LO was nearly choking herself with the fist in her mouth and the sucking noises were so loud. Tried teethers as i thought maybe she was teething but no she was hungry. Hands not in the mouth as much now and she really enjoys the spoonfeed. It's not much just 2/3 spoons twice a day. She has Milupa Sunshine Orange in the morning and Broccoli Cauliflower and Cheese in the afternoon, but i have noticed a huge difference she just seems more satisfied. Just go with your instinct, if you think they are ready then go with it. Mammy knows best!!!

I really wish public health nurses were all singing from the same hymn sheet, everything I hear is different with regards to feeding. We had his milestone check up the middle of April and he was 15 pounds and she told us to wait till as near to six months as possible, we weighed him yesterday and he is 16 and a half pounds. So I don't know what to do, he is 16 weeks today, I'll wait another while I guess, back to work the 1St July so I think I will start two weeks before I go back.

Anyone else confused?

Coopaloop how is the flat head? My PHN said my babs had it at the 3 month check. We have always used the clevamama pillow, to be honest I don't see it? I think his head was always this shape? She is a bit mad though

i find the PHN'S with children are happy enough to let you do your own thing unless it's really out there. My LO was nearly choking herself with the fist in her mouth and the sucking noises were so loud. Tried teethers as i thought maybe she was teething but no she was hungry. Hands not in the mouth as much now and she really enjoys the spoonfeed. It's not much just 2/3 spoons twice a day. She has Milupa Sunshine Orange in the morning and Broccoli Cauliflower and Cheese in the afternoon, but i have noticed a huge difference she just seems more satisfied. Just go with your instinct, if you think they are ready then go with it. Mammy knows best!!!

Yeah thats it exactly, definitely think I will start soon, he has his fist in mouth constantly, got the Teetha granules, working really well and helps calm him. But this last week he has been waking at 5.30 where before he would sleep till half seven no bother and I really think it's because he is hungry.

Coopaloop how is the flat head? My PHN said my babs had it at the 3 month check. We have always used the clevamama pillow, to be honest I don't see it? I think his head was always this shape? She is a bit mad though

He still has it a bit, you couldn't tell looking at him straight on, but if you look at the back you can notice it a little bit, its definitely way better especially with the help of the pillow, the health nurse just said to work on it, so we put him down to sleep on the other side and turn it if it goes the other way, and keep doing tummy time, don't really see what else we can do, I'm sure it will correct itself fully once he is moving himself.

• Advertisement

He still has it a bit, you couldn't tell looking at him straight on, but if you look at the back you can notice it a little bit, its definitely way better especially with the help of the pillow, the health nurse just said to work on it, so we put him down to sleep on the other side and turn it if it goes the other way, and keep doing tummy time, don't really see what else we can do, I'm sure it will correct itself fully once he is moving himself.

My crazy PHN mentioned physio? I honestly don't see it though? She mentioned it at the first app but then said "no that it wasn't flat head it was just his lack of hair". I am baffled by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

We're getting physio for flathead, she discouraged the Clevamamma sleep positioner, but said we should definitely get a Bumbo for sitting him in during the day. Also said to have him in the sling more. We're doing loads of exercises with him and she says she sees an improvement since last month!

We're getting physio for flathead, she discouraged the Clevamamma sleep positioner, but said we should definitely get a Bumbo for sitting him in during the day. Also said to have him in the sling more. We're doing loads of exercises with him and she says she sees an improvement since last month!

I am too scared of those bumbo things, lots of babies have fallen backwards are fractured their skulls!!! I was actually going to get one and then I googled! I have the pillow not the positioner. I never realised so many babies had flathead. Did you just an appointment yourself? Or do they do it? Did you have to wait long? I have forgotten which is the supposed flat side? Or maybe it's the back of this head? I don't really have a clue to be honest

I am too scared of those bumbo things, lots of babies have fallen backwards are fractured their skulls!!! I was actually going to get one and then I googled! I have the pillow not the positioner. I never realised so many babies had flathead. Did you just an appointment yourself? Or do they do it? Did you have to wait long? I have forgotten which is the supposed flat side? Or maybe it's the back of this head? I don't really have a clue to be honest

Oh it's very common, PHN picked it up quite early so that's why we're getting physio so soon, the physio said he's actually extremely young to have been diagnosed, as the problem only gets more apparent as time goes on. Definitely much better to get seen sooner rather than later!

Those cases with the fractured skulls are where parents left their kids unattended in the chair on a raised surface e.g. a table or counter. I'm not worried, he'll be in it on the floor on top of his floor mat, and supervised at all times. He'll be fine!

Oh it's very common, PHN picked it up quite early so that's why we're getting physio so soon, the physio said he's actually extremely young to have been diagnosed, as the problem only gets more apparent as time goes on. Definitely much better to get seen sooner rather than later!

Those cases with the fractured skulls are where parents left their kids unattended in the chair on a raised surface e.g. a table or counter. I'm not worried, he'll be in it on the floor on top of his floor mat, and supervised at all times. He'll be fine!

I was looking at the prince lionheart one as it turns into a booster chair but I dunno I still have my concerns. His head control is great but when sometimes when he sits on my lap he falls back (if that even makes sense?), I would just worry that he would do that in bumbo and hit his head on floor. I am going back to PHN in around 2 weeks any way, god on,y knows what she will say to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Hi Ladies..
    Well we had our PHN here today for 3month check..a bit late I know but I've been away from home and busy with weddings and christening.Anyway she started off by explaining all about starting the feeding.I was only at my doctors 2 weeks ago regarding reflux and when I asked about feeding she said to wait until he was 6months.He's only going to be 16weeks on Saturday.Im relocating to Canada at the end of this month (scared and excited!!!) so she said to wait until I got there to start how as to not upset him with all the changes.
    It's funny that you are told different things from health professionals!
    I'm looking forward to it though.Will be great when they are eating the same as us..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Our phn is driving me nuts. Baby has a bit of a neck problem due to a difficult birth so his head control is a little behind. She's also did the 3 months check when he was only 10 weeks old, so obviously way early. She now insisted we need a referral to baby physio - but says i need to go to to gp for that (pay 60 quid), gp says he doesn't see an issue. Why can't phn get the referral? But also why does the phn do the dev checks but the gp does the 3 and 6 week check? But when there's an issue at the dev check i still need to go back to gp? This whole system is a complete mess...not a happy camper.

Other than that, things are grand. Finally getting 6 to 7 hours sleep at night, still breastfeeding and delighted i don't have to mess with bottles n stuff - with my baby brain I'd forget them half the time...glad boobs are attached ;-p

Also getting baby's passport sorted as well, trip home booked for summer to see the grandparents, can't wait. Free childcare while mammy and daddy catch up on sleep! :-)

I'm eagerly awaiting his passport in the post. Didn't realise they send a parents passport along with the LOs birth cert.If I'd read the form properly Id have known but thankfully I had mine with me in case Guards needed it when filling in their part...I had presumed it was the same price as an adult(d'oh) and was pleasantly surprised at €25 for passport express...

That's weird galah, our physio referral was done through PHN (and cost us nothing), GP wasn't involved at all!

galah wrote: »
    Our phn is driving me nuts. Baby has a bit of a neck problem due to a difficult birth so his head control is a little behind. She's also did the 3 months check when he was only 10 weeks old, so obviously way early. She now insisted we need a referral to baby physio - but says i need to go to to gp for that (pay 60 quid), gp says he doesn't see an issue. Why can't phn get the referral? But also why does the phn do the dev checks but the gp does the 3 and 6 week check? But when there's an issue at the dev check i still need to go back to gp? This whole system is a complete mess...not a happy camper.

Other than that, things are grand. Finally getting 6 to 7 hours sleep at night, still breastfeeding and delighted i don't have to mess with bottles n stuff - with my baby brain I'd forget them half the time...glad boobs are attached ;-p

Also getting baby's passport sorted as well, trip home booked for summer to see the grandparents, can't wait. Free childcare while mammy and daddy catch up on sleep! :-)

Do you know the hearing test that the babies got done in hospital? We had to go back in to get it done and the girl told us that the PHN use to do it (not with machines I think with rattles) anyway they wrongly referred so many babies that the hse have now gotten some company to do it with a machine!

• Advertisement

I was so happy with the hearing test being done in the hospital.It was great to get info like that early.And from the head turning that little fella is at there's no doubt his hearing is 100%...

I was so happy with the hearing test being done in the hospital.It was great to get info like that early.And from the head turning that little fella is at there's no doubt his hearing is 100%...

Yes that hearing test was great and it is soooo quick too! I put loads of money into the car park machine as I didn't know how long it would take! My niece got it done in Canada they put her in a room with little headphones! Leitrim lady have you looked up about vaccinations for baby in Canada? I know my niece had to start all hers again when she came here as they get different ones? Or maybe at different times eg she still doesn't have her bcg

Leitrim lady have you looked up about vaccinations for baby in Canada? I know my niece had to start all hers again when she came here as they get different ones? Or maybe at different times eg she still doesn't have her bcg

Hi Millem,
    Yes have googled plenty of stuff about all things Canadian..The vaccinations look very very very similar to our ones.There only seems a slight difference so not too worried.My OH is already out there and we're going to be living in Alberta and the healthcare is supposed to be fantastic there.Fingers crossed.Theres a page on Facebook of people living in Edmonton and there seems to be ALOT of people with young families having moved out..

Hi Millem,
    Yes have googled plenty of stuff about all things Canadian..The vaccinations look very very very similar to our ones.There only seems a slight difference so not too worried.My OH is already out there and we're going to be living in Alberta and the healthcare is supposed to be fantastic there.Fingers crossed.Theres a page on Facebook of people living in Edmonton and there seems to be ALOT of people with young families having moved out..

That's great! Maybe hers were different because she was in toronto? I think Canada is more advanced on their healthcare! You get brill insurance over there that covers the dentist too ! I heard the other day that in Sweden (I think) your childcare costs can only be 3% of your wages max! Amazing! It is so dear here :(

Hi ladies

Quick question how many weeks is maternity benefit paid by the social welfare. I took redundancy in November so started getting paid in December and just can't find the letter with the finish date on it

Hi ladies

Quick question how many weeks is maternity benefit paid by the social welfare. I took redundancy in November so started getting paid in December and just can't find the letter with the finish date on it

24 weeks I think, well I started mine the 20th of Dec and I finish up the 20th of June.

Ah hopefully. I had it in my head the middle of May but last 2 weeks it was in my account on a Friday night and it's not there now so just minor panic attack�� it says on the website 26

Ah hopefully. I had it in my head the middle of May but last 2 weeks it was in my account on a Friday night and it's not there now so just minor panic attack�� it says on the website 26

It's Defo 26 weeks. I started the Monday 2nd dec and finish the last Sunday 1st June

It's Defo 26 weeks. I started the Monday 2nd dec and finish the last Sunday 1st June

Ooops sorry I meant 26, yep mine not in either. I guess it will be in tomo.

• Advertisement

Ooops sorry I meant 26, yep mine not in either. I guess it will be in tomo.

Advertisement