Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Yeah, got the hearing test done in hospital with a machine, can see how the phn could mess it up with just the rattle - remember i had to do the hearing test twice on our first child as he couldn't be arsed to turn his head the first time ;-p

I think it phn is just out to get me, wagon...(not paranoid at all ;-p), it's just so much hassle with them, and pointless if i still have to make the trip to the gp anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

galah wrote: »
    Yeah, got the hearing test done in hospital with a machine, can see how the phn could mess it up with just the rattle - remember i had to do the hearing test twice on our first child as he couldn't be arsed to turn his head the first time ;-p

I think it phn is just out to get me, wagon...(not paranoid at all ;-p), it's just so much hassle with them, and pointless if i still have to make the trip to the gp anyway.

I am so glad they have the machine now for hearing test! My PHN is all over the place and always seems so distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

My daughter's first tooth is coming through the gum. She is just 4 months so am a little surprised but delighted ☺

rsl1976 wrote: »
    My daughter's first tooth is coming through the gum. She is just 4 months so am a little surprised but delighted ☺

Wow! My lad is teething but no signs yet! He got weighed and measured the other day! Nearly 19lbs!!! :eek: and very long in 95th percentile of weight and height ! Lol

I was surprised but had a feel and I'm definitely not seeing things. Wow 19lbs, it's hard to believe they were ever so small. I love her to bits but just noticed a thread for January 2015 and my first thought was thank god that's not me ����

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I was surprised but had a feel and I'm definitely not seeing things. Wow 19lbs, it's hard to believe they were ever so small. I love her to bits but just noticed a thread for January 2015 and my first thought was thank god that's not me ����

Awww I'd go again now if I could afford it!

My little boy is such a good well-behaved little baby though, hardly ever cries, feeds brilliantly, sleeps through the night. Maybe I wouldn't be so keen on a second baby if I'd had a different first baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

Millem wrote: »
    Wow! My lad is teething but no signs yet! He got weighed and measured the other day! Nearly 19lbs!!! :eek: and very long in 95th percentile of weight and height ! Lol

My lad is teething as well, I can see in the gums , I am super excited. He has been a bit cranky, wondering should I give calpol. He is 16 weeks, no one in family believed he is teething, I am delighted now they have to agree I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Well how is every one getting on???

It's funny that a recent poster here mentioned the Due Jan 2015 thread.I shall be joining that one ....Aaaaggghhhhhh...Baby number 2..due 5days before my LO first birthday....ah well hopefully it's a girl and I've a gentleman family and I'm done!!!
    It's mad how life goes.January 2013 I was referred to a fertility clinic as I wasn't getting pregnant and I decided to put it on hold and head to Canada.Just after I got my visa I found out I was expecting number one and put Canada on hold.Now 10days before I follow my partner to Canada I found out we're pregnant AGAIN!!!Life is good.

Oh wow massive congrats! :)

So what's the plan now, are ye still moving to Canada? Will you have baby no 2 over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Wow huge congratulations! Delighted for you.xx

Well how is every one getting on???

It's funny that a recent poster here mentioned the Due Jan 2015 thread.I shall be joining that one ....Aaaaggghhhhhh...Baby number 2..due 5days before my LO first birthday....ah well hopefully it's a girl and I've a gentleman family and I'm done!!!
    It's mad how life goes.January 2013 I was referred to a fertility clinic as I wasn't getting pregnant and I decided to put it on hold and head to Canada.Just after I got my visa I found out I was expecting number one and put Canada on hold.Now 10days before I follow my partner to Canada I found out we're pregnant AGAIN!!!Life is good.

Wow great news! Irish twins! Congrats! I always say when we make plans god laughs at us!! Lol :)

So what's the plan now, are ye still moving to Canada? Will you have baby no 2 over there?

To be honest I'm not totally sure about where it will be born.Definitely still heading over as OH is on 2 year contract and it an opportunity of a lifetime to live there for a while...only found out last Monday and have been with my mum since Tuesday so we haven't had a great chance to chat about it.Myy heads fried with all the questions and stuff we need to discuss.We have a family wedding in November and I have flight booked to return for that but Well have to wait and see.Will I come back?...Will I come back and stay??....Will he come back and I stay and if so does he bring no.1 for a holiday and to see the family??Will I work and if so will I be entitled to Maternity pay??would it be easy for us to get permanent residency if we have a "Canadian"baby??..blah blah blah...and many many more questions..
    What's killing me though is hearing everyone saying"sure it's only 6 months"or "sure we'll see u in November" and I know rightly they probably won't....I BALLED my eyes out the other evening saying good-bye to 2of my best mates.....

To be honest I'm not totally sure about where it will be born.Definitely still heading over as OH is on 2 year contract and it an opportunity of a lifetime to live there for a while...only found out last Monday and have been with my mum since Tuesday so we haven't had a great chance to chat about it.Myy heads fried with all the questions and stuff we need to discuss.We have a family wedding in November and I have flight booked to return for that but Well have to wait and see.Will I come back?...Will I come back and stay??....Will he come back and I stay and if so does he bring no.1 for a holiday and to see the family??Will I work and if so will I be entitled to Maternity pay??would it be easy for us to get permanent residency if we have a "Canadian"baby??..blah blah blah...and many many more questions..
    What's killing me though is hearing everyone saying"sure it's only 6 months"or "sure we'll see u in November" and I know rightly they probably won't....I BALLED my eyes out the other evening saying good-bye to 2of my best mates.....

I always say things happen for a reason. Try not to even think about these things as they will just stress you out.

Serious teething going on here. Baby woke at 5am crying with the pain :(. I need to get some provisions.......any suggestions? We have sophie and those teething rings that you put in the fridge . Is anyone considering an amber anklet? http://www.organiccottonshop.ie/100-baltic-amber-teething-anklet-14-cm-free-shipping/ some people rave about them

Definitely wouldn't be into the amber jewellery myself, I know the risks are relatively low, but any risk at all wouldn't be worth it to me as I just cannot understand how they supposedly work!

I find Teetha gel very good, I just put a bit of it on his soother. Or I give him Calpol if he's in an awful lot of pain with it.

Definitely wouldn't be into the amber jewellery myself, I know the risks are relatively low, but any risk at all wouldn't be worth it to me as I just cannot understand how they supposedly work!

I find Teetha gel very good, I just put a bit of it on his soother. Or I give him Calpol if he's in an awful lot of pain with it.

He doesn't take a soother :( I know a girl who puts on anklet, then socks, then Babygrow etc. I will buy the teetha gel today :)

Wow, congrats leitrim lady! Best of luck! :-)

Teething here too, plus growth spurt it seems. All j wants to do is feed and sleep, while also being super clingy. Looks like the cleaning will have to wait, shame that ;-p

We use dentinox gel for the teething, magic stuff, have to bring it from Germany though as you can't get it here. If it's really bad i use baby neurofen to take the edge off. It's so horrible to see them in pain.

Millem wrote: »
    He doesn't take a soother :( I know a girl who puts on anklet, then socks, then Babygrow etc. I will buy the teetha gel today :)

Actually you can get Teetha granules too and they're meant to be even better! Going to try them next time maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Actually you can get Teetha granules too and they're meant to be even better! Going to try them next time maybe.

The Teetha granules are great. I would be lost without them, they are great at calming them too, just relaxes them and soothes their gums.

• Advertisement

Teetha granules are great...it's funny seeing my wee man chewing them...If you are up north CALGEL is also good.Its a mix of Calpol and bongela I think...Works a treat for my wee fella..

Thanks to those who congratulated me on my "news"...It's still sinking in....:D

I have a few hospital appointments each week and have to bring the baby along because I have no one to mind him, the nurses there are obsessed with him and fuss over him so much every time. Today, one of them asked if she could take a photo of him, because she keeps talking about him at home and her teenage daughters want to see him after hearing so much about him! So funny! :D

We still haven't started weaning yet! Has everyone else started?

Nope. and no intention to do so yet, I'm just starting to really enjoy the breastfeeding and am dreading all the steaming and pureeing. (Not so much the coming but the mess and cleaning up) ;-)

i thought (maybe i remember it wrong) that you should wait until baby can sit up almost unaided and some reflex or other is gone?

galah wrote: »
    Nope. and no intention to do so yet, I'm just starting to really enjoy the breastfeeding and am dreading all the steaming and pureeing. (Not so much the coming but the mess and cleaning up) ;-)

i thought (maybe i remember it wrong) that you should wait until baby can sit up almost unaided and some reflex or other is gone?

Yes they say that! But my PHN is mad for the weaning! My baby is getting 40oz formula per day 4x9oz and 1x4oz so I don't know how much longer it will satisfy him!

I've started with a wee bit of veg, he's off to creche in a month so want to have him used to it by then. At the moment he's just eating pureed veg, literally only a couple of spoons a day. Still taking his bottles as normal for now. I'll be doing a massive cook-and-freeze-athon over the weekend!

I've started with a wee bit of veg, he's off to creche in a month so want to have him used to it by then. At the moment he's just eating pureed veg, literally only a couple of spoons a day. Still taking his bottles as normal for now. I'll be doing a massive cook-and-freeze-athon over the weekend!

Did you start with baby rice?

No just going to do three days with each veg, then add in some fruit, then start combining them. I'm going to have a big stash of small portions in the freezer, should be easy enough to mix them up as I go along.

My LO now has her bottom two front teeth. Poor thing is in awful pain, thank god for Teetha and Nurofen

• Advertisement

My LO now has her bottom two front teeth. Poor thing is in awful pain, thank god for Teetha and Nurofen

Aw the poor thing. Teetha is amazing alright! We don't have any teeth properly through yet, but you can see a little white dot where one is starting to make an appearance on the bottom!

Advertisement