Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Teething is just the worst. My little one was in awful form last week with it and had high temps. He has one of his canine teeth through now which is a bit less common as a first tooth! I can also see his two bottom teeth nearly ready to poke through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am back to work for 2 weeks :( absolutely hate leaving baby. Wish I had never signed up to it :( I am not getting home till 6, it is sooooo tiring. I just hope it won't be too bad when I go back properly in sept, fingers crossed I get a nice timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Isn't it great not to be pregnant in this weather. I remember been so sick last year lying in bed and the sum was splitting the trees. Hope everyone is doing well. Out LO is so loud. We have a channel on Sky called babytv and she loves it, she shouts and laughs at the tv if something she likes is on, it's also great if she wakes up during the night because it's all lullabies and she's back to sleep after a few minutes. Think we may head out to the back garden now and get a bit of sun while we can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

We are starting our creche "induction" tomorrow morning ... can't believe this time has come! :eek:

Anyone else back to work yet? How are ye finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

We are starting our creche "induction" tomorrow morning ... can't believe this time has come! :eek:

Anyone else back to work yet? How are ye finding it?

Next week is my last week of maternity. Thankfully only going back 3 days and between my shifts and hubby's we only need childcare 1 or 2 days each week and I have family to provide it. Can't imagine leaving them in a creche - must be so hard! It ain't easy saying goodbye to them - I recently started leaving them with my sister for a few hours here are there in preparation for my return to work and god I miss them! But their little faces when they see me again makes me feel very important. :)

• Advertisement

He'll be in creche full-time. You know, I'm not really too apprehensive about it. It costs a fortune, but it seems like a really fantastic place. Very good staff/baby ratio, great facilities, their own kitchen with chef. And the location couldn't be handier for us (especially since we don't have a car.)

I think it'll be great for him to interact with other babies, he loves meeting new people and isn't at the "making strange" stage yet, so I'm not too worried about him. And in a way I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to work! I'd say I'll be racing home to see him in the evenings though. :)

It's brilliant that you have family to mind them!

He'll be in creche full-time. You know, I'm not really too apprehensive about it. It costs a fortune, but it seems like a really fantastic place. Very good staff/baby ratio, great facilities, their own kitchen with chef. And the location couldn't be handier for us (especially since we don't have a car.)

I think it'll be great for him to interact with other babies, he loves meeting new people and isn't at the "making strange" stage yet, so I'm not too worried about him. And in a way I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to work! I'd say I'll be racing home to see him in the evenings though. :)

It's brilliant that you have family to mind them!

I'm quite looking forward to work too - the control freak in me has had a tough time handing it over to someone else! The hardest thing for me will be the commute - its an hour each way and I just know I'll spend thr whole hour thinking 'if we lived closer I'd be with my babies by now!' Lol we did consider moving but weighing it up I would rather have family mind them for an extra hour a day twice a week than have them in creche for a whole day or teo each week. Don't get me wrong, crèches have their place and some are great but personally I think the ideal is if family can mind them in their own home. Less stress for me in the mornings too! Luckily I don't have to worry about interacting with other babies! ;) even still we've enrolled in jo jangles once a week on one of the days I don't work. Really looking forward to it!

I'm quite looking forward to work too - the control freak in me has had a tough time handing it over to someone else! The hardest thing for me will be the commute - its an hour each way and I just know I'll spend thr whole hour thinking 'if we lived closer I'd be with my babies by now!' Lol we did consider moving but weighing it up I would rather have family mind them for an extra hour a day twice a week than have them in creche for a whole day or teo each week. Don't get me wrong, crèches have their place and some are great but personally I think the ideal is if family can mind them in their own home. Less stress for me in the mornings too! Luckily I don't have to worry about interacting with other babies! ;) even still we've enrolled in jo jangles once a week on one of the days I don't work. Really looking forward to it!

Haha I was thinking that alright, when you've two of them they've each other to play with! :D My son has no cousins or anything around, and is unlikely to have any siblings anytime soon, so I'm really excited for him to get to spend time with other babies.

Family is ideal alright, will they be coming to your home or will you be dropping the girls off? I've around an hour commute each way too, pain in the ass, I'll only get maybe an hour or two with him in the evenings before he goes to bed. At least we'll have the weekends though. :)

Haha I was thinking that alright, when you've two of them they've each other to play with! :D My son has no cousins or anything around, and is unlikely to have any siblings anytime soon, so I'm really excited for him to get to spend time with other babies.

Family is ideal alright, will they be coming to your home or will you be dropping the girls off? I've around an hour commute each way too, pain in the ass, I'll only get maybe an hour or two with him in the evenings before he goes to bed. At least we'll have the weekends though. :)

I am thinking of a crèche myself too from November (3 and half days) :( I contacted a place and they have 3:1 ratio till two they don't do "wobblers". I haven't seen it in the flesh yet. It's hard to know really I was all for a childminder now I don't like the idea of them driving around etc. I think I will start to scale back my work next year and not do my extras eg marking as I found it so hard during leaving/junior cert as days were soooooo long away from him and sure the tax is a killer but it will pay for our holiday !!!

They'll come to our house - that way my lazy babies who like to sleep til around 9am after their first bottle won't have to be disturbed! Lol

• Advertisement

Oh that's very handy!

I've a feeling when I go back to work, I'll be having lots of "F***, where's the baby!" moments! I'm like that even now if my boyfriend takes him out for a bit, I'm so used to having him with me 24/7! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Fair play to all of ye going back to work, don't think I'd be ready for it. I'm taking 4 month unpaid leave, back to work in November. Will be tough financially for the next while, but since baba is still up every 3 hours feeding, there's no way I'd be of any use in work....:o

Would murder for 6 hours of unbroken sleep at this stage, but too stubborn to pack in the breastfeeding :o hope you are all enjoying the nice weather though, it's great!

galah wrote: »
    Fair play to all of ye going back to work, don't think I'd be ready for it. I'm taking 4 month unpaid leave, back to work in November. Will be tough financially for the next while, but since baba is still up every 3 hours feeding, there's no way I'd be of any use in work....:o

Would murder for 6 hours of unbroken sleep at this stage, but too stubborn to pack in the breastfeeding :o hope you are all enjoying the nice weather though, it's great!

Oh gosh I don't know how you are managing on broken sleep, fair play to you! I am back in sept but OH is taking his hols in sept/oct so babs not getting "minded" till second week of November. I am going to see how work goes this year but may actually job share sept 2015 if I find it too much. Am dreding it though. I peeped into a creche window today when out for a walk and saw their sleeping room with 8 cots in it :( I am so OTT I think I would be sending him in with his own mattress! (Which no doubts they would let everyone sleep on)!

Wow! Is your lo still feeding every 3 hours at 6 months??? I would be a shell of a woman if I still had to do that - my girls both begain sleeping 6 hours through at 10 weeks just a fortnight after I stopped bf. My friends little lad is 4 months now and exclusively bf and goes 6-8 hrs at night without a feed. Would you not consider an expressed bottle at night and try to stretch the night time? Before you know it it will be Nov and you'll be back to work after 11 month without a full nights sleep!!! Fair play to you though, that takes some determination!!

I'm in the same boat galah. My little boy has slept for 5 hours a couple of times but mostly it has been almost 6 months of constant night feeding. I'm so bloody tired and whereas I used to wonder to myself whether tonight would be the night he'd sleep well, I have now given up all hope on that front. I'm delighted with myself at the same time for feeding him for this long and I've no plans to give up at the moment.

No way could I go back to work the way things are now. Hopefully we get plenty of good weather over the summer while we're off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Well he does sleep 6 hours at a time, but they're the wrong side of midnight :(can't really go to bed at 6 pm, as much as I would love to (there's still a bit of work to do in the house due to toddler etc). And then he's up feeding at midnight, 3 am, and his brother gets up at 6 am so I throw in a feed then. No rest for the wicked, as they say...

I'm sure it'll be grand some day, his brother was pretty much the same and has been sleeping 6 to 6 since he was around 8 months old, so here's hoping :pac:

That gives me some hope! My first was on bottles at this stage and sleeping 11-7 so I can't really compare the two. The hardest part this time round is definitely the fact that there is never a break between the two of them.....

Going to th gig in Marlay Park tomorrow night. My sister is minding the baby in a hotel nearby so that I'm only a taxi ride away if he's unsettled. I'm so so looking forward to it, hope he behaves!

Don't they grow up fast? This is William yesterday - six months old. Along with his very first babygro!

Don't they grow up fast? This is William yesterday - six months old. Along with his very first babygro!

he's an adorable little lad. and clearly a happy chappy so well done mammy on doing a brilliant job!

Omg sooo cute and sooooo happy :) and a great head of hair too :D

• Advertisement

LOL I know it's a bit early for it, but this time last year, I was already listening to this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDp4uCWm9_s All I wanted for Christmas! I had it on repeat, while feeling those lovely little kicks.

Now he's a big chubby happy giggly little boy sitting here laughing at me! And bopping away to the music!

Life is awesome! :)

LOL I know it's a bit early for it, but this time last year, I was already listening to this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDp4uCWm9_s All I wanted for Christmas! I had it on repeat, while feeling those lovely little kicks.

Now he's a big chubby happy giggly little boy sitting here laughing at me! And bopping away to the music!

Life is awesome! :)

Gosh life was so boring before my Babs came along :) I swear I thought he was going to take off crawling today :eek: he can move around and get from A to B by rolling and pulling himself!

Hey girls, just wondering what is the crack with baby check ups? Are we meant to go at 7 months? :confused:

Millem wrote: »
    Hey girls, just wondering what is the crack with baby check ups? Are we meant to go at 7 months? :confused:

Between 7 and 9 months - whenever suits you. Girls booked in for just after they turn 8 mths as it suits me best with time off work etc.

Between 7 and 9 months - whenever suits you. Girls booked in for just after they turn 8 mths as it suits me best with time off work etc.

That's great thanks. Do you know exactly what they are checking? My PHN is all over the place :(

Millem wrote: »
    That's great thanks. Do you know exactly what they are checking? My PHN is all over the place :(

Its just a basic developmental check and of course weight and length.

Its just a basic developmental check and of course weight and length.

Cool :) she is unreal. I might wait till end of sept when I think she is on maternity leave!! :) are anyone's babies sitting by themselves yet? My babs can only do it for about 30 secs! But he can leave forward and do it by using hands. I think I need to do more practicing :)

Haven't heard anything yet, which is a pain in the ass, seeing as one of us willl need to sort out a full day off to attend!

Haven't heard anything yet, which is a pain in the ass, seeing as one of us willl need to sort out a full day off to attend!

Oh no :( could you get a half day? I don't have my timetable yet but every Wednesday I finish at 1 so I think I will do it on a Wednesday :)

• Advertisement

Most of the time they don't contact you unless it's overdue so probably best to contact them yourself to arrange it.

both my girls sitting poker straight and no wobbles. Leaning forward too to grab things no bother and making great efforts to get crawling. Twin 2 a bit better at it - shes been sitting up straight about 3 weeks now, but twin 1 only started properly last week. They sit straight backed and totally engrossed in baby tv in the morning while I make their brekkie!

Advertisement