Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Most of the time they don't contact you unless it's overdue so probably best to contact them yourself to arrange it.

both my girls sitting poker straight and no wobbles. Leaning forward too to grab things no bother and making great efforts to get crawling. Twin 2 a bit better at it - shes been sitting up straight about 3 weeks now, but twin 1 only started properly last week. They sit straight backed and totally engrossed in baby tv in the morning while I make their brekkie!

I think we need to do some practising on sitting. Any tips?

He is great in his high chair and he is rolling and moving on the ground like I don't know what !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

He'll dp it when he's ready - no rush! I think A did it so early purely out of necessity - desperate to get relief from her reflux!

He'll dp it when he's ready - no rush! I think A did it so early purely out of necessity - desperate to get relief from her reflux!

Hello lady he is now sitting up :) baby proofing had started!! Ordered these last night as he is seriously on the move ;)http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002SG7JT4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    And http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002SG7JSK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Our boy is sitting up loads now, and has mastered the art of crawling backwards ... just needs to figure out how to go forwards now! :D He's really coming on loads since he started creche, I think he's jealous of the big kids being able to crawl and toddle around the place!

Our boy is sitting up loads now, and has mastered the art of crawling backwards ... just needs to figure out how to go forwards now! :D He's really coming on loads since he started creche, I think he's jealous of the big kids being able to crawl and toddle around the place!

My mum swears by creche, she said it helps with their speech loads too :)
    Next week I am sending in his form for montesorri in sept 2016!!!! It isn't full but just to be sure to be sure :)

• Advertisement

William's already registered for primary school since two months ... and is 86th on a waiting list that allows 60! So unfortunately that doesn't seem crazy to me at all! :o

William's already registered for primary school since two months ... and is 86th on a waiting list that allows 60! So unfortunately that doesn't seem crazy to me at all! :o

Oh no :( do you have a back up option? Just in case :)

Millem wrote: »
    Oh no :( do you have a back up option? Just in case :)

We do, there's a school in the area that doesn't open registration for a year before. But the secretary in the first school said we'll most likely get in as long as we're in the first hundred. I'll be happy with either option, both seem to be very good schools. :)

We do, there's a school in the area that doesn't open registration for a year before. But the secretary in the first school said we'll most likely get in as long as we're in the first hundred. I'll be happy with either option, both seem to be very good schools. :)

I think that's the way it should be....how are we supposed to know which school would suit them best when they are so young :confused: Plus a lot of people rent nowadays so they might move in a few years

Just wondering if any of your babies have teeth yet? We're still waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Sami23

None here yet either

Two coming down that are visible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

My lo has her bottom two since she was 5months and she is just cutting her top two at the moment. She's great not a bother in her thank god.

Most of the time they don't contact you unless it's overdue so probably best to contact them yourself to arrange it.

both my girls sitting poker straight and no wobbles. Leaning forward too to grab things no bother and making great efforts to get crawling. Twin 2 a bit better at it - shes been sitting up straight about 3 weeks now, but twin 1 only started properly last week. They sit straight backed and totally engrossed in baby tv in the morning while I make their brekkie!

Thank god for baby tv:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

i can feel the tip of one of the front teeth, but that's about it ;)

wobbly sitting up, otherwise not moving much -think we have the laziest baby around! it's not like he can't, he just can't be bothered :eek: such a difference to his brother who was basically doing situps and pushups at 6 months.

still not sleeping through either, but we're getting better with 4-hourly intervals. and he's at least taking a sippy cup now with his food (looks like i'll raise this child without ever having to sterilise a bottle :P), still breastfeeding for his main milk intake tho.

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is keeping well. My LO is finally sleeping through the night. She has a Weetabix about 7 and then fall asleep in her pram. She wakes at 9 for a bottle then falls back asleep and we bring her up to her cot and she has been sleeping till 7.30. Its so nice as before she was waking at all hours and ending up in the bed with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

My little girl is almost 8 months and for the last few weeks after feeding or eating she will start to cough and throw up everything she has just drank/ate. She wont eat breakfast so only eats 2 meals a day and snacks. She throws up probably twice a week and I am getting really worried about it as she is a poor enough eater as it is. Is there anything I can do? she doesnt have a cough by the way. Im getting really worried.

ourmaris wrote: »
    My little girl is almost 8 months and for the last few weeks after feeding or eating she will start to cough and throw up everything she has just drank/ate. She wont eat breakfast so only eats 2 meals a day and snacks. She throws up probably twice a week and I am getting really worried about it as she is a poor enough eater as it is. Is there anything I can do? she doesnt have a cough by the way. Im getting really worried.

That must be awful for you. What are you feeding her? Could it be an intolerance to some ingredient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

I'd be delighted if our baby only threw up twice a week; twice a day would be a good day for him! He's putting on weight fine though and he eats anything we give him.

Any other January babies still without teeth?! I've been sure they were coming loads of times, but still nothing!

I'd be delighted if our baby only threw up twice a week; twice a day would be a good day for him! He's putting on weight fine though and he eats anything we give him.

Any other January babies still without teeth?! I've been sure they were coming loads of times, but still nothing!

Our baby has 6 teeth!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

Indigo twist does your little one throw up like properly or just spewing? so far this week my little girl has gotten sick 4 times. She seems to throw up everything in her little tummy, it is so hard to get food into her so i feel like crying when i see it all come back up. I puree veg,fruits, meat etc for her. She does seem to have a strong gag reflex so maybe this is why she coughs and then throws up. We still dont have any teeth.

sleep slowly getting better, getting the odd 6 hour stretch now. wohoo :o we got both bottom front teeth at the same time, and it looks like both top front ones are coming through at the same time as well. babba very cranky at the moment.

ourmaris, could it be an intolerance? j always threw up after dairy (the very rare occasion when hubby forgot to use the soy milk for his cereal, and the day i experimented with yoghurt :o) but hes getting better with dairy now as well.

still no luck with the bottle here, now going to skip it altogether and use a sippy cup. he better get used to it quickly though, back to work very soon.

My lo has 4 teeth with another 2 coming up. She seems to get them 2 at a time. How are all your babies doing at sitting up. My lo is fine in the playpen but she kind of bounces with excitement and falls back alot so nervous about putting her on the floor

rsl1976 wrote: »
    My lo has 4 teeth with another 2 coming up. She seems to get them 2 at a time. How are all your babies doing at sitting up. My lo is fine in the playpen but she kind of bounces with excitement and falls back alot so nervous about putting her on the floor

I bought those foam playmats http://http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-4-foam-playmats/207-9376.prd
    He is great at sitting up but I still would want to be beside him because he hasn't really figured out how to get from a sit into a crawl position without getting his leg stuck so sometimes just makes himself fall on purpose to get onto his belly! He is super active and Is constantly banging himself and getting bruises :( I wouldn't mind it is when I am minding him!!!! He is getting very very very frustrated as gets into a crawl position and bounces but doesn't move forward!! He then tries to do a handstand! Lol yesterday he was sitting up and grabbed my leg and tried to pull himself into a stand position!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Our guy is fine at sitting up .... having said that, he did topple over this morning and knocked his head on the wooden floor, he wasn't too bothered though! I think he only fell because he was still half asleep at the time! He's started crawling, although it's more like dragging himself along with his arms with his tummy still on the floor ... he can move so fast though! He often does that bouncing thing too Millem when he's in the crawl position, when he's trying to decide where to go next ... then he zooms off!

ourmaris no it's not really puking like that most of the time, it's usually just his milk he pukes up, seems to have improved quite a bit since he started on solids.

Has everyone had their 8 months PHN check yet? Ours is this week, he'll be nearly 9 months. I'll be interested to see what weight he's at now - he was 25% percentile when born and stayed the same at all his earlier checks. I was just thinking this morning he doesn't seem as chubby as other babies I see, but he eats everything put in front of him (and usually looks for more!) so hopefully it's all OK! He has gotten so tall recently, really looks like a little toddler!

Our guy is fine at sitting up .... having said that, he did topple over this morning and knocked his head on the wooden floor, he wasn't too bothered though! I think he only fell because he was still half asleep at the time! He's started crawling, although it's more like dragging himself along with his arms with his tummy still on the floor ... he can move so fast though! He often does that bouncing thing too Millem when he's in the crawl position, when he's trying to decide where to go next ... then he zooms off!

ourmaris no it's not really puking like that most of the time, it's usually just his milk he pukes up, seems to have improved quite a bit since he started on solids.

Has everyone had their 8 months PHN check yet? Ours is this week, he'll be nearly 9 months. I'll be interested to see what weight he's at now - he was 25% percentile when born and stayed the same at all his earlier checks. I was just thinking this morning he doesn't seem as chubby as other babies I see, but he eats everything put in front of him (and usually looks for more!) so hopefully it's all OK! He has gotten so tall recently, really looks like a little toddler!

Our PHN said she doesn't do those checks till 9 months! She told me to book it for mid term break but he will nearly be 10 months!!! I weighed him myself in August and I reckon he was 11.5kg!!! He gets around by rolling but he can crawl a few steps backwards and can turn himself in a crawl position!!

We have our check up in 2 weeks which is why I was asking about sitting up. I guess I have to remember that they are all unique and will do things at their own pace. My nephew is 3 weeks older and he is pulling himself up into a stand but hasn't a tooth in his head whereas she is getting another two. I remember one of my nieces went straight from sitting up to standing. She never crawled just got around on her bum. I feel our little one is huge and I try put her in 12-18 bottoms as she is so long. So looking forward to dressing her up for Halloween. A friend gave me a bumblebee costume. My 7 yo said it's not possible for her to get any cuter as she is literally the cutest thing she has ever seen. I blame the Disney channel for that kind of talk :)

rsl1976 wrote: »
    We have our check up in 2 weeks which is why I was asking about sitting up. I guess I have to remember that they are all unique and will do things at their own pace. My nephew is 3 weeks older and he is pulling himself up into a stand but hasn't a tooth in his head whereas she is getting another two. I remember one of my nieces went straight from sitting up to standing. She never crawled just got around on her bum. I feel our little one is huge and I try put her in 12-18 bottoms as she is so long. So looking forward to dressing her up for Halloween. A friend gave me a bumblebee costume. My 7 yo said it's not possible for her to get any cuter as she is literally the cutest thing she has ever seen. I blame the Disney channel for that kind of talk :)

I honestly wouldn't worry about the sitting up, it will come. I don't let the baby watch tv but I do let him watch "super simple songs" on the iPad every day. When I put it on he would sit poker straight for 30 mins!!! I bet if you put baby programmes on the TV your baby would sit up soooo well!!! My niece didn't sit up properly (sturdy) until really 8 and a half months but she was rolling at 4 weeks!

It's just the fear she will hurt herself. She is my 3rd child :) but the first that I haven't actually gone back to work on so it's like it's my first :) In the park today and she was great sitting up for ages but then got excited and just threw herself back suddenly. Few tears but got over it pretty quickly

• Advertisement

yeah, same here. sitting fairly sturdily, but then gets excited and throws himself backwards :rolleyes:

had the 8 month check ages ago (our phn is a disaster, on our first every check was at least 3 months late, and with this one everything is early...), i'm not too fussed about those checks anymore to be honest. still dont get why it's split between the phn, the gp, and a hse doctor when it would make a lot more sense to just have the gp do it as he'd be the one who sees the kids most anyway (but i really cant stand our condescending phn and the batty hse doc, so i'm biased :p)

Advertisement