Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

How is everyone, tis very quiet :)

Had our "big" scan yesterday :eek:
    It was amazing, I could see the baby moving and it was so clear.

Mad !!

So we have told EVERYONE :P
    Cant wait for my bump, and the indigestion and hormones to go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I was waiting until after my scan until I posted again! All was perfect and I got to see plenty of movement.

It's great to get past the 12 week milestone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Going in the morning for our first scan. Cant wait to be able to tell everyone. The parents dog hasn't really responded with the enthusiasm and interest I was hoping for.

great news peeps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Everything going great with me! Had my booking ap on Tuesday and got bloods and all that taken, spoke with the midwife and got a mini scan with my consultant, baby jumping round the place!

Oh just for anyone who has there booking scan/ap with holles st and if the ap says 9 o clock GET IN THERE FOR 8! seroiusly the amount of ppl that were there and we didnt get out till 10.30 and we had been there since 8.15 (even tho ap was for 9).

14 weeks and a day now, bump coming along nicely!

Hope everyone else is doin good!:)

• Advertisement

Wow, first scan done. Great experience. I couldn't take the smile off my face watching the monitor, just amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Ciarabear

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Everything going great with me! Had my booking ap on Tuesday and got bloods and all that taken, spoke with the midwife and got a mini scan with my consultant, baby jumping round the place!

Oh just for anyone who has there booking scan/ap with holles st and if the ap says 9 o clock GET IN THERE FOR 8! seroiusly the amount of ppl that were there and we didnt get out till 10.30 and we had been there since 8.15 (even tho ap was for 9).

14 weeks and a day now, bump coming along nicely!

Hope everyone else is doin good!:)

Hi Coopaloop, I've got my booking apt. this Tuesday and I'm just wondering how long the actual consultation with the doctor/midwife is -I'm guessing along the 20/30min mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Ciarabear wrote: »
    Hi Coopaloop, I've got my booking apt. this Tuesday and I'm just wondering how long the actual consultation with the doctor/midwife is -I'm guessing along the 20/30min mark?

I'd my booking appointment in Holles St this morning, I was only in with the consultant for around 2-3 minutes. He just did a super-quick scan to check for the heartbeat, that was it really, didn't even introduce himself or ask me any questions! Just told me to come back in 12 weeks, and to visit my GP in four weeks.

Then the midwife took my history, took maybe ten minutes, just flew through all the questions.

I was asked to take part in the PEARS study - anyone else doing this? It's to do with diet and exercise during pregnancy, they're looking for 500 people to do it. You get an extra scan at 34 weeks, and a couple of extra gestational diabetes tests etc too.

Apart from that, just got my bloods taken and did a urine sample. I was in there around 7.30 for an 8.00 appointment, got out of there around 9.15. It was grand really, all very well organised, not much waiting around!

It all seems a bit more 'real' now ... :eek:

Ciarabear wrote: »

The whole thing doesnt actually take that long, you will be in with the mideife 5 mins tops (just a lot of yes/no questions) and the consultant less than 5 mins too, really quick scan, and checks blood pressure and your done, it is really welll run, but just the volume of ppl, so get there early to avoid wating around too long!

Best of luck! :)

Tlachtga wrote: »
    I'd my booking appointment in Holles St this morning, I was only in with the consultant for around 2-3 minutes. He just did a super-quick scan to check for the heartbeat, that was it really, didn't even introduce himself or ask me any questions! Just told me to come back in 12 weeks, and to visit my GP in four weeks.

Then the midwife took my history, took maybe ten minutes, just flew through all the questions.

I was asked to take part in the PEARS study - anyone else doing this? It's to do with diet and exercise during pregnancy, they're looking for 500 people to do it. You get an extra scan at 34 weeks, and a couple of extra gestational diabetes tests etc too.

Apart from that, just got my bloods taken and did a urine sample. I was in there around 7.30 for an 8.00 appointment, got out of there around 9.15. It was grand really, all very well organised, not much waiting around!

It all seems a bit more 'real' now ... :eek:

Hi Tlachtga, I was asked to do that too, I said sure i might as well! Actually back in there for it tomorrow to give a blood sample for it and see which group I am in.
    The girl that spoke to us about it seemed really nice too.

• Advertisement

Hi Tlachtga, I was asked to do that too, I said sure i might as well! Actually back in there for it tomorrow to give a blood sample for it and see which group I am in.
    The girl that spoke to us about it seemed really nice too.

She was lovely. Let me know how you get on! I've to go back next Monday for that.

She was lovely. Let me know how you get on! I've to go back next Monday for that.

Will do! She just text me there to confirm everything!
    Not looking forward to giving the blood sample, my arm was fooking killing me after it :(!

Will do! She just text me there to confirm everything!
    Not looking forward to giving the blood sample, my arm was fooking killing me after it :(!

When I was getting the bloods done this morning, the nurse kept going on about what fantastic veins I had ... she sounded like a vampire! :D

When I was getting the bloods done this morning, the nurse kept going on about what fantastic veins I had ... she sounded like a vampire! :D

Well I went in Tuesday to get my blood taken for the PEARS study, went all through the food diary, as there wasnt enough detail on it, anyway she opened the envelope and I am in the control group which basically means I go about the rest of the pregnancy as if I never met them, just continue on as normal! I have to go back at 28 weeks to do the blood glucose test and then I still get the extra scan at 34 weeks!
    So happy days. The girl I was dealing with Orna - so so nice.

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Just wondering how everyone else is with the heat (im not complaining I love it) but Ive noticed when ive been sitting out in the sun after a while my heart starts to beat really fast until I cool down in the shade! Normally im well able for it!

Just wondering how everyone else is with the heat (im not complaining I love it) but Ive noticed when ive been sitting out in the sun after a while my heart starts to beat really fast until I cool down in the shade! Normally im well able for it!

My wife hasn't reported anything like that but she is tanning far easier then she would normally.

Anyone feeling any movements yet? I'm 16 weeks now, nothing yet, hopefully soon ...

Still getting sick most days. :( Can't wait til that passes!

How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Anyone feeling any movements yet? I'm 16 weeks now, nothing yet, hopefully soon ...

I've been feeling the odd flutter (nearly 15 weeks). You poor thing still feeling sick!! Hopefully it will pass soon.

I'm feeling pretty good at this stage although I hurt my back the other day battling with my 2 year old when trying to get him into his car seat! It seems to be easing today so hopefully it won't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ourmaris

I am 14 weeks and still no flutters. For the last month and a half i have been living on carbs, carbs, carbs it was the only thing i could stomach, anyway as a result i have put on 10 pounds, oh my god, please tell me someone else out there has put on lots of weight too....

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

If tis your first, generally you don't feel movement until about 18 weeks I believe. If you have been pregnant before you will feel it earlier.

as you know, I'm having twins and have in the last week (wk 15) started to feel kind of strange fluttering or rumbling sensations in my tummy, so I am wondering if it is movement I feel. The doctor did tell me that whenever I read something about a 'normal single' pregnancy, I should move it forward for myself from 3-6 weeks. So if 18 weeks is normal to feel movement, I probably would start to feel something around about now. Its not very regular though, so hard to tell.

Getting a lot of pinching and pain though - stretching I reckon. Again, its quite early, but given there are twice as many babies to fit in there I'd say its a fair assumption that the stretching has started already! yippee! lol

Like you Tlachtga I'm still sick. Thought I was on the pigs back yesterday, didn't get sick all day and didn't even feel too squiffy. Came back to bite me in the arse today though - lots of exorcist moments and feeling really nauseous :(

Hoping that week 16 brings some relief! (but I am starting to think that I am being taken for a ride here, first the famous 'they' said that sickness would abate around week 12, and when I was still sick 'they' said definitely by week 14, now at week 15 and still sick 'they' are telling me sometimes its week 16 - I think 'they' may be just telling me this to keep me from giving up! lol)

ourmaris wrote: »
    I am 14 weeks and still no flutters. For the last month and a half i have been living on carbs, carbs, carbs it was the only thing i could stomach, anyway as a result i have put on 10 pounds, oh my god, please tell me someone else out there has put on lots of weight too....

Ourmaris, I've been surviving on carbs too! I'm 14 weeks now and couldn't look at fruit or water for the first 12 and even the sight of yoghurt still sends me running to the bathroom! My Morning (all day) Sickness has abated a little now but I still get incredibly nauseous with an empty stomach and have found carbs the easiest thing to eat and keep my incessant hunger at bay for a while!

Am experiencing quite a lot of cramps and sharp pain when I cough/sneeze -I'm assuming this is round ligament pain -is anyone else experiencing similar?

• Advertisement

Am experiencing quite a lot of cramps and sharp pain when I cough/sneeze -I'm assuming this is round ligament pain -is anyone else experiencing similar?[/quote]

Oh god yeah,Ive been getting that sharp pain too when i sneeze,its usually when im in bed lying down,and the pain is about 3 - 4 inches in from my hip bones on either side,really painfull,and Ive hayfever so im always sneezing!

Oh the joys! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lovemaths

just found this thread! im due Jan 9th 2014, first child. Im so nervous & excited at the same time!! Havnt had morning sickness or anything, thankfully, but iv been stuck down with severe nausea and food aversions. Went off food for a bit, could only manage fruit - melons, pineapple and cherries (only lasted a week). Still havnt gone back to eating normally, some days I feel like I cant eat a thing, the next I feel like I could eat a normal portion of food. Have been getting some serious pains and some not so serious. Had two bouts of bleeding, lost a good bit of blood the first time - happened week 9, and the second time it was only spotting - week 13. Both occasions I ended up at the hospital, got checked out and everything was fine. Got to hear the heartbeat & see the ultrasound.
    Had my 12week scan in CUMH, went perfect. Im so happy everything is turning out good, it was an unplanned pregnancy.
    I still get random pains and movements. Not too sure if it was the baby moving or not, but im pretty sure I felt a kick on more than one occasion. Thank god for my partner, I would be lost without him! Hes put up with so much - complaints, hormones, hospital visits...I feel sorry for him. I always say - I wish you could feel what Im going through! I feel so bad now for saying it. He wishes he could feel it! I think I need to be more aware of what he's going through too, has anyone had this problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Congrats lovemaths!

Haha - you say you haven't had morning sickness, but those food aversions and severe nausea ARE morning sickness. Not everyone vomits. In fact, the days when I vomit are actually better as I get some relief. The worst are the days when I feel nauseus ALL day with no let up. Those are the really miserable days :(

Just curious, anyone taking any supplements etc?

I feel like I'm maybe not eating as varied a diet as I should be, mostly due to nausea etc ... but I'm taking my Pregnacare tablets religiously each day, so hopefully that makes up for it? :confused:

I feel like I'm maybe not eating as varied a diet as I should be, mostly due to nausea etc ... but I'm taking my Pregnacare tablets religiously each day, so hopefully that makes up for it? :confused:

I take Pregnacare Max every day too Tlachtga! :) Awful things to get down at the best of times!

I take the pregnacare plus, its one tablet and then a omega3 capsule too, I gag everytime I take them! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lovemaths

I take the pharmaton maturelle capsules - once a day. I would be in the same boat regarding not having a varied diet due to nausea. Hoping it eases off soon!! I miss eating a proper dinner!!

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well and the sickness / crankiness / indigestion is wearing off :P

I'm taking supplements I got in the health food shop, Viridian is the make. They are like bullets .. and disguising .. and my wee smells of them (sorry :eek: )

Soooo - Any one started looking at maternity clothes / fashion / bigger clothes ?

I'm 15 weeks today - Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think I'll be biting the bullet next week. I have Tuesday off, better head to Dundrum and see whats out there.
    Anyone any tips ?

Merrilady wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well and the sickness / crankiness / indigestion is wearing off :P

I'm taking supplements I got in the health food shop, Viridian is the make. They are like bullets .. and disguising .. and my wee smells of them (sorry :eek: )

Soooo - Any one started looking at maternity clothes / fashion / bigger clothes ?

I'm 15 weeks today - Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think I'll be biting the bullet next week. I have Tuesday off, better head to Dundrum and see whats out there.
    Anyone any tips ?

Oh Ive been in maternity clothes for a few weeks now,ill be 18 weeks Thursday,gap in dundrum have nice stuff,its not cheap tho! H & M have good stuff and very reasonable too,i guess it really depends on what your looking for,ie work stuff,casual,dressy?i have actually got some nice stuff in mother care and have been lucky that sales have been on at the time. I would defo recommend maternity clothes rather than just buying bigger clothes,you just won't be comfortable in bigger clothes,a good pair of leggings too,i got some in H & M that go over the bump and some nice longish tops are essential,and a good pair of jeans and trousers too,oh and most definitely a decent maternity bra,mother care have loads and they will measure you too.

• Advertisement

Coopaloop, that's brilliant, thanks for that :)

Advertisement