Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm twenty weeks today ... half way through!!

Still feeling only tiny little movements that I'm not really sure of ... I think I'm imagining it half the time! :o I'll be a lot happier when I start getting proper kicks. My bump is huuuge, though, so I guess that's some reassurance.

And my morning sickness is FINALLY easing off a bit!

Getting my scan on Monday week, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I might as well jump in, my wife and I are due our first baby 30/01/2014. All I can say is thank god its not twins :D all going well and she's over the sickness but constantly tired :)

Does anyone know what the story is with antenatal classes in Holles St? Do you need to register for them somewhere, or do you just get a letter in the post?

Also how many do you do, and approx when do they start?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Tlachtga wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with antenatal classes in Holles St? Do you need to register for them somewhere, or do you just get a letter in the post?

Also how many do you do, and approx when do they start?

When I was at my booking ap, the midwife gave me info on it, you have to ring and book yourself in, and I think she said from 30 weeks, I must check myself and get that sorted! I would say if you rang them they could sort it out for you.

Oops better get that sorted so! I wasn't told anything about them at my booking appt. :/

• Advertisement

Oops better get that sorted so! I wasn't told anything about them at my booking appt. :/

Ill have a look at the info she gave me when I get home this evening and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Not sure about Holles Street, but I would advise getting booked in sooner rather than later. In the Rotunda the places book up really quickly in advance. I am starting mine on Monday and the only reason I got a place is because I'm a twin mammy so have to start earlier so they keep a few slots for people like myself. The sooner you get your name down the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Just booked mine there, for October - Thanks Girlies

Had the Hubby watching One born every minute last night :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    With hilarious commentary and tears ... from him :D

I can't watch that programme. Anytime I do I start crying - not with emotion but with fear. Especially the natural births. I freak out thinking I have to do that...TWICE. And then I insist that I will be having a caesarian! lol
    Horrendous!

hahahahahaha me too :D:D:D

I start crying as soon as I see them waddling in to the hospital :P

• Advertisement

Saw a little bit of the one last night, and TBH the way the midwives kind of 'panicked' when the last baby's shoulders were stuck. I mean it's great that they react so quickly, but the way they flew in, all guns blazing would freak me out big time. And the way some of the midwives are 'supportive' would make me smack them in the mouth big time!

Does anyone remember in Sex and the City when Miranda was having the baby and she expressly ordered against all that 'you're doing great, well done' enthusiasm? Well that will definitely be me. Tell me whats going on, tell me to push if you must, stay calm and not get over excited and all will be ok. Start egging me on too much or being overly effusive - be prepared to be bitch slapped! Just sayin.....

hahahahahaha am PMSL (not that it takes much to do that anymore !! :p)

Missed the shoulders one, coz the Hubby was telling me he would love me to be like the quiet one and not the panic-y one :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Only half way there and he is telling me to be quiet already ;)

During the pregnancy my temper gets the better of me, which is making hope I have to have a section, things could get reeeeeeeeeeeal ugly in there reeeeeeeeal quick :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

I can't watch that programme. Anytime I do I start crying - not with emotion but with fear. Especially the natural births. I freak out thinking I have to do that...TWICE. And then I insist that I will be having a caesarian! lol
    Horrendous!

Hello lady, my neighbour had twins recently she said once the first one was born it was no bother getting the second one out!!

Right, antenatal classes now booked, starting in October. :)

When I was booking over the phone, I gave my date of birth (e.g. 1/1/1985), and the guy was confirming it, "OK so that's the first of January, 1925?"

Yes, I'm 88 years old and I'm booking antenatal classes. :rolleyes: :D

Right, antenatal classes now booked, starting in October. :)

When I was booking over the phone, I gave my date of birth (e.g. 1/1/1985), and the guy was confirming it, "OK so that's the first of January, 1925?"

Yes, I'm 88 years old and I'm booking antenatal classes. :rolleyes: :D

Ha - yeah i just booked mine there too, i have a feeling we got the same guy on the phone ;).

Start mine in october too!

We had our big scan yesterday, at 21 weeks. It was so nervewracking, and the baby didn't make it easy, kept turning away from the thingy ... the midwife had to send us away for an hour to see if that would get him in a better position, it seemed to help a bit!

Anyways everything looks fine (phew!), all the measurements are well within normal limits, and the due date hasn't changed from 4th January. And we're having a boy!! :D

Congrats Tlachtga!!! Another boy!! Wow, so much testosterone flying about in here!

Well I had my 'big' 20 week scan on Monday. It was amazing, because it was actually a 4d scan which I wasn't expecting. We have the most amazing pictures of our two little ones. Really mind blowing because now they really do look like people, and getting my head around the fact that those two little people with their button noses and pouty lips are swimming around inside me!!!!

And......(drumroll please).....they're both girls!!! Go team pink!

oh and they are measuring 10 days ahead of gestation! So big girls! Only for I know exact conception dates (due to IVF) they would be moving my due date!

And......(drumroll please).....they're both girls!!! Go team pink![/QUOTE]

Yaaaay go team Pink :P

I'm still feeling feck all movement. :o. Almost 22 weeks now.

I was quite worried about it, but then I saw him moving around like mad at the scan on Monday ... so at least now I'm feeling a bit reassured, that he's probably moving around plenty in there but I just can't feel it yet.

I saw on my file that the placenta is upper anterior - from what I've seen online, that can cushion movements a bit. So maybe that explains it.

Anyone else similar? Or are you all getting loads of kicks?

• Advertisement

Not loads of kicks - one is definitely much much more active than the other one. To be honest, now that I know for certain what it feels like, I think I was probably feeling it a few weeks back but wasn't sure. Sometimes its very subtle, but since this week starting to get more noticeable.

sometimes it feels like a kind of bump or drop, not unlike when you go over a hill, but not as strong. Other times it actually feels like tummy rumbles like when you're hungry or windy! :D I was having this initially and thought it was my tummy!

Other times its like a fluttering sensation.

I feel more movement when they are breach. I know when they are both head down as the pressure is very strong. And when they are like that the movements aren't as obvious - I assume cos whatever position they are in gives them less room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Ciarabear

Hi everyone! :) I'm almost 20 weeks now and feeling LOTS of movement! I think we've got a little footballer or ballerina in there, there's so much activity! :) It can be difficult to determine whether it's baby you're feeling but once you know the feeling to detect, it's impossible not to.

I mostly feel the fluttering sensations that so many people speak of and it literally does feel like a little butterfly flapping its wings inside you. We saw the baby doing backflips during a scan so I'd imagine this is what's causing the fluttering feeling! :)

I've occasionally (once or twice) felt a stronger movement that's akin to a little arm or leg and have recently also began to feel that popping sensation I've less commonly heard about and it's quite an unusual feeling to say the least -like a popcorn kernel popping in your tummy!

I'm (almost!) certain we've got a little girl's name covered but I'm at an utter loss when it comes to a little boy and can't seem to encounter anything I fall in love with. Have you guys decided upon names yet or are all options still open?

We're having a boy, and we both like William ... still four months to go though, may well change our minds again!

We're having a boy, and we both like William ... still four months to go though, may well change our minds again!

William is a beautiful name, strong and classic! My only fear with names like those is some adaptation that the child would become forever known as! It's a minefield!

we have our 'main' names picked out, but also have some back-ups just in case they don't suit the names we've picked!

Anyone planning on getting the flu vaccine ..?

Emphatic no! Even though I've just gotten over the worst flu I've had in years -I'm hoping that's my quota done with for the foreseeable!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Hi there...hope you're all keeping well!

Can anyone recommend ate-natal classes in Dublin.....left it too late to book evening course in Holles St and as we cant make day time courses will have to be one day instead. Anywhere near Dublin 15 would be the handiest!

Thanks a lot!

Ciarabear wrote: »
    Emphatic no! Even though I've just gotten over the worst flu I've had in years -I'm hoping that's my quota done with for the foreseeable!

Why not? (I haven't yet read up on the pros and cons!)

I'm undecided yet ... can get it for free in work, and I know the doctors seem to recommend it in pregnancy, I really don't like the idea of taking anything that's unnecessary though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I got it when I was pregnant first time round as we're offered it for free in work. No ill effects from it. I hadn't thought about it this time round but will probably get it if offered to me again.

Advertisement