Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Bands

Options
  • 25-04-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi

I am looking for a good wedding Band but at a reasonable price i have no idea on prices etc but don't wanna spend silly money either on on.

Many Thanks :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Hi

I am looking for a good wedding Band but at a reasonable price i have no idea on prices etc but don't wanna spend silly money either on on.

Many Thanks :P

Firstly, congrats... hope the rest of the planning isnt driving you nuts. :)

Secondaly, I would have thought your wedding venue would supply a list of track proven wedding bands... if not, just contact the major hotels in navan and ask their wedding co-ordinator what bands they would recommend, as they would have seen many come and go in their venue.

Expect to pay anything from €300 to €1500 for a wedding band depending on expertise and rep.

Also, if you are having a dj after, factor in another €150 - €250.

Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Access wrote: »
    Expect to pay anything from €300 to €1500 for a wedding band depending on expertise and rep.

Also, if you are having a dj after, factor in another €150 - €250.

Good luck with it all.

access is accurate. Some bands have reduced their prices but a good wedding band is always in demand which means higher prices. Personally I think they play a part in the difference between a good wedding and a great wedding.

we had the bestmen from Dunboyne at our wedding. They did a smashing job. They weren't cheap but they were brilliant. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

My sister had her wedding in september and they had the swing kins as there band, people were on the floor all night, not 100% on price but the sister never complain (like she did with everything else hahaha), i'll pm you there number if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Panic Animal are very good. Google them and website comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭andylennon11

Anyone hear of delorean 80s wedding band and what they are like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we had Smokin Mojo ,they were really reasonable and everyone loved them.
    They were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mcrods

hi I booked crystal swing for the wedding.... Heard are meant to be great to get the crowd dancing... what do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I can promise no one will be sitting down at your wedding with this band playing.

Very professional and accommodating,

http://www.santoria.ie/santoriahome.html

mcrods wrote: »
    hi I booked crystal swing for the wedding.... Heard are meant to be great to get the crowd dancing... what do people think?

you did what :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Seeing that your from meath, ld recommend The Seducers (also from meath)...their a cover band. Play in killarney regularly from the last 3 years...very good havent a clue about prices tho ! https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Seducers/77682645271?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 galtee mountain boy

Just googled Crystal Swing to see who they are, well holy god. If you want a “band” with a very mediocre singer who wobbles the ****e out of his legs then good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

mcrods wrote: »

can you do the hucklebuck?

Just googled Crystal Swing to see who they are, well holy god. If you want a “band” with a very mediocre singer who wobbles the ****e out of his legs then good for you.

apparently meant to be brill to get the crowd going!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you are joking ,right?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    you are joking ,right?

No why

It would not be something that I would enjoy but each to their own:)
    We all like different things.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It would not be something that I would enjoy but each to their own:)
    We all like different things.

Bet your opinion would change by the end of the night!!! I was like you till I saw them at a wedding

I can guarantee you my opinion wouldn't change as I'd be well gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    I can guarantee you my opinion wouldn't change as I'd be well gone :D

I have to admit you're right, there's nothing worse than trying to endure a bad singer/band, better off making an excuse and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thekellys

anyone know if midnite blue any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Princesshazel

Thanks Everyone For all the Tips and Names of Bands :) Sorry for the Late Reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thanks Everyone For all the Tips and Names of Bands :) Sorry for the Late Reply

Best of luck in the competition, hope you win!

Advertisement