Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Daft.ie Links redirect to app

Options
  • 25-04-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a way to stop links on an ipad to the daft.ie website redirecting to open in the daft app. I prefer opening them in a browser but the links just lead to a redirect page. I uninstalled the app but still get a redirect to install the app store:rolleyes:
    At this stage i am giving up on daft altogether for my property fix

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You could try contacting Daft.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

It's a problem with the adverts app as well. Such a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I dont have the app. It drives me mad. A real problem with their functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The journal does the same it's really annoying especially. As it doesn't open the correct link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Really annoying. At least with The Journal, you can just cancel it.

Completely puts me off going near the app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I was talking to a few people in the know about this and apparently the amount of actual complaints they've had about this are minimal.

I would suggest you voice your concerns directly by email to them:

hello@thejournal.ie
    support@adverts.ie
    info@daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Steve thanks for that i did try leaving something on the daft contact us link but not sure if that was the right option. I will try these, sorry i didn't see the posts earlier, i had notifications off and thought i was the only one who was irritated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Also drives me mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Steve wrote: »
    I was talking to a few people in the know about this and apparently the amount of actual complaints they've had about this are minimal.

I would suggest you voice your concerns directly by email to them:

hello@thejournal.ie
    support@adverts.ie
    info@daft.ie

I cant be bothered, if they are actually using such a flawed business model and they cannot see what most property watchers see, that users are linkingto myhome links on web and social media sites to avoid this very problem, their funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

According to daft , if you have a daft page open in your browser then links will open in the browser rather than the app.
    It's not completely satisfying but it's a bit better i suppose. Still would prefer a prompt giving a choice instead
    Anyway glad to know i'm not the only one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

It's a complete PITA. I'm living outside Ireland and when I try to download the app it tells me it's not available in my location...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I emailed to complain about this issue and got a reply asking can they call me for a chat!
    Anyone else get contacted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Android has a built in mechanism for this: You click the link; Android asks if you'd like to open it in the browser, the app, etc.; you choose Once or Always; bob's your uncle. Wikipedia can do it for their URLs, Amazon can do it, eBay can do it, why can't the guys that develop these apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

I emailed them yesterday and they got back to me very fast, 1 more email and they fixed the issue (could not DL the app in the country I live)!

Advertisement