Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1k Gaming Desktop Computer (need help)

Options
  • 25-04-2013 10:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

Budget: 800-1200
    (Preferably 1000, 1200 if super needed, 800 will be near impossible)

1. What will I use it for? (From most important to least)
    Gaming (ArmA II, ArmA II, Battlefield 4 when it's out), Browsing web, Watching videos/listening to music

2. Do I want to play on 1920x1080, Highest settings available?
    Yes I do.

3. Do I own any parts for a desktop computer?
    Nope.

4. Do I already have a windows key I can use in my new PC?
    Nope, I will need a new Windows package (Preferably Windows 8 64bit)

5. Do I need a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse?
    Yes, as I have no computer parts.

6. Do I want a Monitor that can support 1920x1080p?
    Yes.

7. Do I want a really good keyboard+mouse?
    I'd like a good one, premium without a premium price.

8. When will I buy it?
    Next 1 or 2 months.

Notes:
    If you can fit things such as an SDD or cooler of any sort or anything else that will boost my game, please put it in (I don't know much about what a gaming PC needs besides the GPU, CPU and RAM.

I somewhat know what processors are good and what aren't, but I am terrible at finding good deals and I have no clue how to physically build the PC or how to check compatibility.

According to youtube videos, a decent i5 over 3GHZ, 8GB RAM, 500GB-1TB HDD and anything better than a Geforce GTX 650ti GPU will run these games at ultra 1920x1080p, with 25 minimum frames for the ArmAs, 70 max, and 40 minimum, 70 max for BF.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭MisterMioster

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Come back in two months. :)

By then, Intel will have launched a new CPU line, and NVIDIA will have (probably) launched a few new graphics cards as well, so the pricing landscape will most-likely be quite different. You've done most of the research yourself though it seems. It'll be a 3570K, GTX 670, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD, type build if you were to order today.

Wait does that mean the 670 and i5 will lose price in a few months so I should buy it then? Or you recommend getting one of the future GPUs in a few months?
    If I were to buy today, what price would I spend on a 3570K, GTX 670, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD? Along with the other things (Monitor, keyboard etc)?

Sorry for all the questions...I'm a newby, I have no idea which company I'd buy the parts off either xD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

As to buying older/cheaper, newer/dearer, I haven't a clue. It depends on benchmarks, pricing, etc. hence why I'm saying come back a week or so before you're ready to buy. In the meantime, Google is your friend.

You'd be looking at around €1,200 for the full machine.

Thanks so much, I'll come back a few days before I get the rig and hopefully there'll be more advice after the new CPUs and GPUs are out

• Advertisement
Advertisement