Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Read a review of both in a magazine (possibly Look) today, according to the testers the No7 one was very similar to the much more expensive Clarisonic, the biggest differences being that the No7 one uses batteries while the Clarisonic is rechargeable I think, and that the Clarisonic looks much more sleek (which it bloody should considering the price!)
    I'm considering the No7 one, sounds like a good gamble :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Sounds like it might be worth a try anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think the alleged difference is 'science'. Clarisonic claim to use sonic cleansing to cleanse the skin, vibrating at some super high frequency. Presumably the boots one is more of an exfoliator.

http://www.clarisonic.com/what_is_sonic_skin_care/what_is_sonic_cleansing/introduction/

I did just buy a Clarisonic (which unfortunately was faulty so in the process of getting a new one) but they are really quite expensive, especially here in Ireland. I got mine in the US.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I have the No7 brush and I love it! I've sensitive skin but I bought it when it was first launched figuring if it didn't work for my face I could use it for body buffing. I wouldn't be without it now. I honestly don't know what more the clarisonic can offer - particularly given the price difference!

• Advertisement

Yeah if I was gonna save for a Clarisonic I'd try get it via my pal in Florida.

I don't have problem skin really (some dry patches, nothing too bad), I just feel it could do with something extra. My usual face washes and scrubs just aren't doing it for me these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I bought mine this morning..Boots are doing a 6.50 off no. 7 voucher at the minute so it cost me €26. Had thought I had made up my mind about getting a Clarisonic so if this works it'll be a bit nicer on my bank balance.

Ooh I have a €6.50 voucher but the terms say it's not usable on "electrical beauty", I assumed this meant not the cleansing brush! Maybe I got a different one to you. I'll check in-store today.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Hmmm. i got mine this morning and used it almost straight away and no-one said anything. That said, there wasn't anyone at the No. 7 counter so I paid at the perfume one so maybe she didn't know? I'm going to feel mad guilty if it wasn't supposed to be used on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I have and love it; BUT for my body. I have sensitive-ish, acne-prone skin. It leans to the drier side. And I found it too harsh for my face. Perfect as a body exfoliator though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I have and love it; BUT for my body. I have sensitive-ish, acne-prone skin. It leans to the drier side. And I found it too harsh for my face. Perfect as a body exfoliator though!

Yeah I've heard a few reviews saying once it's wet, it suddenly becomes much harsher :( I was planning on picking one up, but I think I'll give the Clarisonic a bit more consideration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Can it be used in the shower under the running water or is it not quite that water proof? I had a look at one when I was last in Boots and am really considering trying it out!

I don't think it's waterproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I've been having this same dilemma. I'd be worried that my skin wouldn't respond well to a Clarisonic. I'm considering giving the No. 7 one a go, and if I get on ok with it I might consider investing in the Clarisonic...

Or I might go straight for the Clarisonic! I just want everything! I was in New York in February and regret not picking one up while I was there.

Get the No7 one Fon, I've sensitive skin & love it! Well worth a try. For the price at least you'd know if you really wanted to shell out for the Clarisonic and it would tide you over until the Clarisonic is for sale here in the next few months!

^^ that's me decided - I'll buy it tomorrow! :D early birthday present for myself!

So I bought this! *Definitely* not for sensitive skin, I find my chin feels a wee bit sensitive after using it for about a half hour, but no redness or anything. I love it so far!

Only used it three times (with dermalogica dermal clay cleanser) but my make up certainly is going on better. I tend to have fairly large pores either side of my nose and they're considerably less visible already. I think it'll prove to be worth it! Would recommend it but defo avoid if you're particularly sensitive.

I think I'll pick it up next month. "Accidentally" bought two dresses this week so trying ti curb spending ;)

Advertisement