Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Back" button on boards touch

Options
  • 25-04-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I'm not the best at explaining things so ill try my best here!....

*(I'm using iPhone 4S. iOS 6.1.3)*

If I'm reading through a thread on the touch site and I want to go back a page, I usually press the "backwards" arrow (the one built into the phone and not the one on the actual site), and it directs me to the previous page.
    This hasn't been working for the past two days though. When I press that arrow, nothing happens. And when I press it again, it directs me back to the forum rather than the previous page.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a problem with my phone, or a bug with the site but I just thought I'd report it anyway.

I hope that made sense!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

What is the "previous page" you're trying to go back to? What happens when you click the arrow - does the URL in the address bar change or? Is it in threads or in forums or in private messages or all of the above?

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

What is the "previous page" you're trying to go back to? What happens when you click the arrow - does the URL in the address bar change or? Is it in threads or in forums or in private messages or all of the above?

Danny

Let's say I go from page 2 to page 3 of a thread, and I want to go back to page 2 for a second. If I press the back button, the address bar moves down into the screen for maybe half a second and then goes back out of screen again and the page doesn't change.
    Then if I press it again, I'm brought back to the forum rather than the previous page.
    As far as I can see, it only happens in threads where you go from one page to another and then want to skip back again.

It's not a major issue at all Danny so don't worry about it. I just thought I should bring it to your attention.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Let's say I go from page 2 to page 3 of a thread, and I want to go back to page 2 for a second. If I press the back button, the address bar moves down into the screen for maybe half a second and then goes back out of screen again and the page doesn't change.
    Then if I press it again, I'm brought back to the forum rather than the previous page.
    As far as I can see, it only happens in threads where you go from one page to another and then want to skip back again.

It's not a major issue at all Danny so don't worry about it. I just thought I should bring it to your attention.

Ah no, a bug is a bug - cheers for providing the details. I'll try and replicate the issue here; can you tell me if the URL on the thread changes?

e.g. Page two should have a URL ending in /2 and page 3 with a URL ending in /3 ..when you click back on the device does the URL change back to /2 ?

Here's an example.... When in this thread in AH, this is the URL when on page two.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056927743/2

When I press the back button, the URL changes to this

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056927743/1#post84177493

...and it stays on the same page. Then if I press it again it just leaves the thread and goes back to the AH forum page instead.

• Advertisement

Just replicated it there on Rónán's iPhone - definitely a bug. I've got my suspicions it's to do with the #post<postid> fragment. If you went from 1#post<postid> to page 2 to page 3 and then went back to page 2 it would work grand, but then back again to page 1 and it'd break.

We'll take a look at this for you as soon as we can, thanks for the bug report.

Danny

Just replicated it there on Rónán's iPhone - definitely a bug. I've got my suspicions it's to do with the #post<postid> fragment. If you went from 1#post<postid> to page 2 to page 3 and then went back to page 2 it would work grand, but then back again to page 1 and it'd break.

We'll take a look at this for you as soon as we can, thanks for the bug report.

Danny

No prob. Cheers Danny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Can those with issues when changing pages please confirm they are still having them? We deployed some changes to inline page loading today that should resolve most if not all of issues.

Danny

Working grand again for me now Danny.
    Thanks for that.
    Have a cookie. :D

• Advertisement

I need something a bit stronger after fixing that bug, was a tough one :D

Glad it's sorted, thanks for the bug report.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sorry to drag this up, but I'm still having this issue. This is happening for me on iOS 6.1.3 and has been for a few weeks now

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement