Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requested Cancellation not followed through!

Options
  • 25-04-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Dear Sir/ Madam,

On Tuesday April 9th, this year a rep of Electric Ireland called to our house and offered us a 10% discount on our electricity. We signed up to your company then. On Friday 12th April, Airtricity (my electricity supplier) rang me and stated that if I stayed with them I would receive a 14% discount. As I was busy at the time I couldnt commit to this but said I would follow it up.

On Tuesday April 16th, I contacted Airtricity and accepted their offer. The girl on the phone then explained that I would need to let Electric Ireland know that I wanted to stop the change over process. She transferred me over and I gave my name, address and phone number to the woman from Electric Ireland. She said she couldn't find me on the system and said I would need my MPRN number. As I was not at home, I had to end the call and ring my wife, who was at home to get me the MPRN Number.

I got through to a man this second time. He told me that I could not be found on the system either. I by now had provided my name, address, phone number, D.O.B and MPRN. He said if I could get my account number from an old ESB bill the matter could be sorted. This call was ended, I rang my wife again and she found the account number.

On my third call, I got through to a different woman. I provided her with my account number. She found me on the system and said the reason I couldn't be got on the system earlier was that there was a digit out on my phone number! I explained to her I wanted to halt the change over process. She explained that my cooling off period might be over, (this period of time was not explained or mentioned to me by your rep, when signing me up). After putting me on hold, the woman came back and said the cooling off period was 7 days. She said today was day 7 and she would cancel the change over process for me. This took me 30 minutes and 5 phone calls to sort out (3 to electric ireland & 2 to my wife).

On Monday of this week (22nd April), I received a call from Airtricity offering me a great deal if I joined them!! I explained the story to them and they put me back on their system. I then rang Electric Ireland to make sure the switching process was stopped. I was assured on the phone by the woman from Electric Ireland that it has been stopped and their is a note on my file saying so.

At 3p.m today (25th April) I received an e-mail from yourselfs welcoming me to Electric Ireland. This e - mail arrived a full 9 days after I requested the process be stopped and 3 days after I was assured it had been stopped!!

So after 6 phone calls and 40 minutes spent trying to stop the process it looks like you have gone ahead anyway!!!

I would very much appreciate a manager from Electric Ireland rings me tomorrow (Friday 26th April) and explain to me how this has happened even though I requested within the cooling off period I wanted to stop it and how this can be sorted out. I feel I should not have to ring you to sort this out anymore after I tried so hard to stop it and I will be contacting my bank to stop any payments been processed.

I look forward to hearing from someone in a management position by tomorrow lunchtime so this issue can be resolved.

Thanking You,
    Holuc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Holuc,

Sorry to read of all the telephone calls you were required to make, we can understand how this would have been frustrating and inconveniencing.

The correspondence you received from Electric Ireland is automated and may have simply been due to a cross-over between when it was issued and when the switch cancellation was completed. This process can take some time.

Do private message me the Electric Ireland account number for you on the welcome email, as well as your name/address in full and the contact telephone number we have for you.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement