Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poppy's Cafe announces closure

Options
  • 25-04-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

Just saw on their Facebook Page that Poppy's in the city is closing in a couple of days. Very sad , food was very good and staff very friendly :-/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

decies wrote: »
    Just saw on their Facebook Page that Poppy's in the city is closing in a couple of days. Very sad , food was very good and staff very friendly :-/

It is a sad day. I found it to be the nicest place for a hearty fry. The staff were friendly. It was a place that I felt at ease and no one rushing you out the door.

Now its time to start looking for somewhere else for a decent fry, but I will be in the next few days for one more fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Somebody recommend a nearby substitute :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

one thing Waterford is not short of is cafes, it must be incredibly hard to operate one profitably in such a tough environment. These places employ possibly 10+ people on FT/PT roles, students making money at weekend etc. We used to go into Poppys but it was a bit awkward with the newly arrived pram so extra space is part of our cafe choice these days. it was lovely though

I'm lucky that i can afford to treat myself to a coffee and sandwich at weekend, it costs under a tenner, in connection with another thread, I would urge all who can afford, get into town and support these places, I would suggest spreading the visits around, there is so much choice. I see a new tea room has opened up down on the quay, a craft shop opened up near it also and I think the shoe shop across from wacky shoes is gonna become a cafe too, a lot of competition.

as for substitutes for poppys - as i say so many: aoifes, le blaa and bishops palace on mall. Gallweys on henrietta st, ber franks on quay............

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Where was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Sully wrote: »
    Where was it?
    there if I'm not mistaken

• Advertisement

Just down from apple market , in here now staff bit Teary , yep wackys shoes is closed up .

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

it was where Café Luna used to be.. next door to Bodega.

Tiz a shame, hopefully not closing for good!

Is caseys steakhouse closed ? Somebody told me it was and its website and Facebook page seems to be dissapeared !!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is caseys steakhouse closed ? Somebody told me it was and its website and Facebook page seems to be dissapeared !!

Its moving to Tramore, though I was told today that they were keeping Waterford open but I can't say for sure. They are currently fitting out (well its stopped I think but they were) the building formerly used by Dynasty Chinese. New paint job on the outside etc so far and I think work on the inside also.

Been ongoing a good while now :)

• Advertisement

You'd think they would have let the party people know what is going on, as usual with these things time will tell . If your closing down do try to tell your customers in advance ( unless the banks move in or something ) they were the people who supported you in the first place , thank your patrons and say goodbye , it shouldn't turn into a murder mystery tour .

You'd think they would have let the party people know what is going on, as usual with these things time will tell . If your closing down do try to tell your customers in advance ( unless the banks move in or something ) they were the people who supported you in the first place , thank your patrons and say goodbye , it shouldn't turn into a murder mystery tour .

We only know one side of a story though. Who knows what happened really? They appear to have a good reputation.

Advertisement