Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house at Auction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 0868832875

The sale has not been finalised yet....the 6 weeks are up next week....does that make any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

0868832875 wrote: »
    The sale has not been finalised yet....the 6 weeks are up next week....does that make any difference?

You need to ask your solicitor that question.

You have been very good .I should buy you a pint thanks again 😊Oh.....what is your gut feeling re what the solicitor might say.......is there any hope at all? Maybe lower the price ....all we want is fair play.My husband has aleady paid out a substantial amount of money to the seller already for the farm .Does decency not exist any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Could you approach the other bidder and see if you could sell it to them at a slight loss, before the deal goes through to minimise the costs, or maybe sell to them for the full price and give some of the adjoining land so they have a bigger garden to sweeten the deal.

So frustrating ....after putting the price up in the moon the under bidder lost all interest .It's so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

0868832875 wrote: »
    So frustrating ....after putting the price up in the moon the under bidder lost all interest .It's so annoying

Wonder if the under bidder were ever really interested and just drove the price up. Could have been a friend of the owner and played the system.

No we discreetly found out it was a lady from out of town who had recently win a large divorce settlement .....easy come easy go.....

I wonder would the place have been insured ....public liability etc

I wonder would the place have been insured ....public liability etc

Advertisement