Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service

Options
  • 26-04-2013 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get my car services and ready for NCT test. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic/garage in Cabinteely/Dun Laoghaire area?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Personally I always let the NCT decide what needs fixing and then get the car serviced having independent knowledge of what needs doing.

There's a guy on Albert Road that a mate uses and I used myself just the once as my car was towed there after a puncture and broken wheelnut, found him very good to deal with. Can't remember his name but will find it and get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Shay Walshe at Pottery Road Motors. Good bunch of lads, good mechanics and won't do work that doesn't need to be done. Half way between Lidl and Esso garage on Pottery Road on the garage side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭josip

I've always used Dalkey Motor Services on Tivoli Road. I've heard them recommended by a friend separately also. They're cheaper than a main dealer but not dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

josip wrote: »
    I've always used Dalkey Motor Services on Tivoli Road. I've heard them recommended by a friend separately also. They're cheaper than a main dealer but not dodge.

Used DMS a good few times. Was handy before they moved as they were just down the road. Never had any issues and find them good especially at calling if they find more work that's needs to be done and giving me the option of going ahead with it or not. Some garages just do the extra work and then bill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Davy Roe on the Ballycorus Rd is excellent and I can highly recommend

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Niall in ISA Motors in Blackrock is very decent, and gives good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Second the recommendation for Niall in ISA motors - very obliging and straight-forward to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mounttown Motors on the same side of the road as McCormacks. Good independent garage, have all the technology for modern cars as well as customer vehicle profiles, very good quality work and like that wont do work without ringing and checking. Same family for 40 years, ring Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Personally I always let the NCT decide what needs fixing and then get the car serviced having independent knowledge of what needs doing.

There's a guy on Albert Road that a mate uses and I used myself just the once as my car was towed there after a puncture and broken wheelnut, found him very good to deal with. Can't remember his name but will find it and get back.

Sorry very late getting back to you on this, it's Gary Flannery on the Albert Road (well just off it).

Advertisement