Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1023MB Quadro 600 Running Temp?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 9:08am
    Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭

hi all, this is my build from last year.

ive a quick question please.... my son plays minecraft and the graphics card shows a fairly constant 89 degrees temperature. yesterday th graphics started lagging while he was playing so i closed down the program and watched the temp drop back down to its usual 50-55 deg.

is this normal? or a dangerously high temp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Its not insane temperature but its pretty hot.

Try cleaning out the tower with some compressed air. Make sure there is plenty of airflow.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks, a good clean out has gotten the running temp down to about 79 continuous.... Just watching him play I think hes over clicking as well causing the lag.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Quadro 600 is also very weak for games, which would put it under high stress. If you're even looking at casual gaming, it won't cut it. It's not designed or intended for that use.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thanks for that, yeh i got it more for rendering than gameplay.... minecraft is the only half decent game played on it.

in the meantime ive put minecraft on the xbox for him so hopefully that resolves the issue ;)

Advertisement