Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painting walls

• 26-04-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice. I am attaching a photo of my back garden that I am in the process of painting.the fence had been painted as yea can see. My dilemma is what colour to paint the walls under the fence and around the raised bit on the right. Was half thinking of black but wondered would it make it too dark. They were originally painted white but the colour showed up everything. Also any ideas on the shed colour?

Thanks a million for any advice or ideas given.

Mods...if in wrong place please move :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd paint them the same colour as the shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Too many clashing colours creating an unrelaxing atmosphere in my opinion.
    The use of a highlight on shed is terrible. Go for a more calming mellow colour scheme.

I would paint the fence and raise bed a variant of the nice paving colour and paint the shade with a lighter version for contrast (eg Lavender).

The patio set would be the accent colour. But the best colour in the garden is the paving, interesting finishing on the joints.

The cream and indian red are awful and clash with the paving which is the highlight for me.

Take a look at the Curpinol Shades colour range.

Advertisement