Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divekick! discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Roster looks interesting: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/23/divekick-on-ps3ps-vita-the-roster-so-far/

Plenty of references for fighting game fans. Nice to see something quirky (yet still might have some depth to it)

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mr N's profile is a bit close to the bone, ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

really looking forward to when this comes to psn, should be alot of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Mr N's profile is a bit close to the bone, ouch!

Hard to tell with these guys sometimes if they're REALLY close friends who are comfortable making fun of each other, or genuinely have a lot of hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New summer project: create the BEST Divekick controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

It is technically a fighting game on PC, so I will be playing it. Actually looking forward to it, seems fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Pop'N'Music buttons go!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/OBSA-100UMQ.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That announcer has the greatest voice in the universe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Cool, looks interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

ZUBAZ CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL DIVEKICK!

@3:05 CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

http://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy/c/2281526

the latest character reveal, Markman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

This game seems to be getting pretty complicated compared to its original vision :/

I'm okay with the Kick Factor and specials, but these latest characters seem a little too nuts. Feature bloat is happening at an alarming rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

#BanZubaz

Some of the new touches seem like they could be a bit much. Really liked the idea of the game when it was simple (but obviously layered as players learn more / develop strats). Now there are "difficult" characters, upkicks...and The Baz's kicks! I also don't understand why "glue" would be a thing to throw down considering fights are supposed to be over in seconds. Kills the momentum completely.

🤪

http://www.twitch.tv//irongalaxy/b/406226902?utm_campaign=archive_embed_click&utm_source=shoryuken.com

new character: Stream

im actually enjoying the fact that each character is drastically different. it forces you to play every match up differently. however, as much as i find the in jokes funny, i do agree now its a bit too much for ppl who aren't familiar with the FGC.

This is out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

It's out on steam right now. Can someone link me to a video explaining wtf this is all about? The art style is pretty off-putting, feels/looks like a flash game and its' 10 euro...

• Advertisement

Not out here til tomorrow.

Grumble

You sure? I was just playing it there now. Can't get an online game, though; one lobby available, ping 999, won't connect anyway. I'm really enjoying it, anyway, just mucking about in single player.

On PSN? I went looking and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

Steam

Yeah, I'm on steam. Also, scratch the problems finding a match. Just go to ranked and wait.

Incidentally, I'm now the 3rd ranked Dive in the world, and the only unbeaten one in the top 10.

Game's definitely fun. Managed to find a "charge" character already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

"Spare change so I can eat? God bless"

Still looks like Markman (and some others) were a step too far. The black slick sticks right? Is that really a good idea in a game with 20 second rounds? Couple of things I have reservations over...

Anyways, is it fun? And does it stand up to extended play? Or will it be something to throw on when friends are over and that's about it?

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Still looks like Markman (and some others) were a step too far. The black slick sticks right? Is that really a good idea in a game with 20 second rounds? Couple of things I have reservations over...

Anyways, is it fun? And does it stand up to extended play? Or will it be something to throw on when friends are over and that's about it?

I don't know if the oil sticks, I dodged it handily enough.

It's quite a bit of fun, I definitely think it could get quite intense too if you spent a bit of time developing strats. Off the bat, Jefailey and Dr. Shoals were the most fun to play (I think their unusual mobility made them more fun to play).

Not exactly SF4 but I think it's deeper than it could have been, I'm actually glad for the diversity.

• Advertisement

I don't know if the oil sticks, I dodged it handily enough.

-The oil is slippery so your character will slide forward or backwards depending on the direction of the momentum.

-glue sticks the person to the ground.

-blackhole teleports you to the top of the screen.

-spring just bounces you up and down on the spot

-green gas removes meter from whoever is in the cloud.

Advertisement