Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porsches?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice three foreign reg'd grey Porsches (911's I think) driving around the place in a row? They look brand new, just wondering what's the story?

Seen them yesterday morning and this morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Porsche use Sligo and the road to Ballina I think it is for some of their testing purposes.

I snapped the Cayenne when it was first released in the filling station in Collooney. There is pics of them over in the motors forum somewhere. You get a snap of them at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes they use the roads out around ballina to belmullet / Westport to test new models. Usually followed by a vw transporter van. To be fair, porsche models do behave very well on those roads. None of the stupidly hard suspension or mad steering behaviour that some cars have on the poor road camber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

But aren't they usually kind of covered or their final designs aren't evident rather than having brand new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

UrbanSea wrote: »
    But aren't they usually kind of covered or their final designs aren't evident rather than having brand new ones?

Not always. Its possible these were turbo versions of the latest release 911. The turbo is due soon I think. We have not seen the pics but they may well have been disguised. They may have had new model 911 running gear with old model body panels and lights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I saw them going past the IT a couple of weeks ago, I thought they were old lol, shows how much I know....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

They have been testing suspension components here in Ireland for over 20 years. I used to work for the shipping company that handled the containers with the cars inside. They are driven all over Ireland. They used to come by rail to Longford depot and were then driven from their to different counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I was thinking I heard somewhere before that they use Irish roads for testing. If they can make it here, they'll make it anywhere (that could be a song). They were out on the strand to Coney Island yesterday too. Rust testing? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Plazaman wrote: »
    I was thinking I heard somewhere before that they use Irish roads for testing. If they can make it here, they'll make it anywhere (that could be a song). They were out on the strand to Coney Island yesterday too. Rust testing? :D

Seriously? Why have I never seen these?!

Would never take my current car out there.

Advertisement