If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cheap small LCD/ LED TV.

Options
  • 26-04-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a cheap flat screen TV for my mother, nothing too big (max 19") and need to spend as close to €100 as possible. It would need to be soarview compatible.
    Can you give me a few quotes inc delivery to Dublin. I would consider any ex demo, etc as well. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

funkyjebus wrote: »
    I am looking for a cheap flat screen TV for my mother, nothing too big (max 19") and need to spend as close to €100 as possible. It would need to be soarview compatible.
    Can you give me a few quotes inc delivery to Dublin. I would consider any ex demo, etc as well. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Funky,

Don't have alot in small Saorview approved screens at the moment :(  

Would a separate Saorview box be an option?

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks in advance.
    I may have a Samsung http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/lt19b300/sams-lt19b300 LT19B300 still in the office that I was using as a monitor briefly when my Dam* F*&Kin% Laptop screen went into meltdown - I'll check it out for you over the weekend if you are interested and we would clear it at €89.99 if you were interested ( I'm pretty sure its boxed and completely as new with the plastic covering still on the TV)

Give me a shout if you are interested and I'll check it out for you,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

I may have a Samsung http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/lt19b300/sams-lt19b300 LT19B300 still in the office that I was using as a monitor briefly when my Dam* F*&Kin% Laptop screen went into meltdown - I'll check it out for you over the weekend if you are interested and we would clear it at €89.99 if you were interested ( I'm pretty sure its boxed and completely as new with the plastic covering still on the TV)

Give me a shout if you are interested and I'll check it out for you,

ATVB,

John Mc
    John,

I would be very interested, could you please check asap and if so I will go with that. 

Thanks

John,

I would be very interested, could you please check asap and if so I will go with that. 

Thanks
    Also, forgot to ask. 

This unit has freeview and not soarview, correct? I know freeview is what the uk use and soarview what the ROI use, but what's the difference, will I need to get a separate soarview box?

Also, can you let me know asap as I want to get it for my mother's birthday early next week (late notice, I know!) 

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Funkyjebus,

Have just read through the Samsung manual and looks like it has an MPEG4 tuner which is what is needed to get Saorview :)

I think John is out of the office at the moment.  I'll drop him a message about the TV now.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Funkyjebus,

Have just read through the Samsung manual and looks like it has an MPEG4 tuner which is what is needed to get Saorview :)

I think John is out of the office at the moment.  I'll drop him a message about the TV now.

Chris

Any update?

Any update?
    John,

Can you please let me know asap if this unit is available as want to purchase it, but I am running out of time I'm afraid and I have kind of put all my eggs in your basket!

I tried calling the store but you are not based there it seems. 

I look forward to your response asap

John,

Can you please let me know asap if this unit is available as want to purchase it, but I am running out of time I'm afraid and I have kind of put all my eggs in your basket!

I tried calling the store but you are not based there it seems. 

I look forward to your response asap
    Funky,

Have it and its boxed as new - if you PM me your number I'll get the guys to give you a call to arrange delivery,

Thanks again and apologies for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Funky,

Have it and its boxed as new - if you PM me your number I'll get the guys to give you a call to arrange delivery,

Thanks again and apologies for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc
    John,

Pm sent.

Thanks a mill for all your help. Keep up the good work, your service rocks!

John,

Pm sent.

Thanks a mill for all your help. Keep up the good work, your service rocks!
    FJB,

Great - Dave is going to call you in the next few mins - to (finally) get it all sorted 

Thanks for the biz and apologies for all the delays,

Mea Culpa,

ATVB,

JohnMc

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.