Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from the Midlands into Airsoft

• 26-04-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if I have this post in the wrong section. I am new to airsoft (but on the wrong side of 30 now) and finally decided to make a few purchases recently. I am from Tullamore and just wondering if there is anyone from the Midlands area like myself into airsoft.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Welcome CBSAM74 to the Wallet emptying moneypit that is Airsoft. :)

I'm based in Edenderry myself. There are a few others around the Edenderry area...although I don't really know them.

You will find a number of lads in Newbridge aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cbsam74

Hi Sci Ops, I have always wanted to join the sport but for different reasons didnt have the time or chance but now decided to take the plunge. Dont know of anyone that is into my myself, hope you dont mind me asking ya a few questions..

Where do you or would recommend to buy equipment etc.

and where are the best sites to play.

bit lost at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

No bother at all..

Quick list of Irish Retailers (if I've missed anybody, apologies in advance);

www.hobbyairsofter.com - Based in Rathcoole, walk in Store
    www.seairsoft.net - Based near Enniscorthy, walk in store
    www.airsofteire.com - Based in Dundalk, walk in store
    www.mwairsoft.net - Online only
    www,mainirishairsoft.com - Based in Blanchardstown, walk in store
    www.airsoftguns.ie - Based in Limerick, walk in store
    www.sgairsoft.biz - Based in Fairview, walk in store

All do a selection of Low-End/High-End Aeg's.
    *Important - Low-End is more of reference to pricing than anything else. Dboys, JG, Cyma are all considered low end, but are just as effective as the more pricier versions.

Some of the retailers do tactical gear aswell...or you can look abroad to the likes of ebairsot.com, airsoftpark.com etc...

Sites: I'm a bit out of the loop to be honest here, I haven't been getting out anywhere near as much as I used too...Sites I know which are still up and running are:

RedbarnAirsoft - Based in Swords, dublin - approx 1hr drive
    Redhills Airsoft - Based kildare, near Monasterevin, approx 35mins from Edenderry
    The Compound - Based in Navan - approx 1 hr drive
    FingalAirsoft - Based up near Stamullen, Gormanstown - 1 & half hours drive?
    Limerick Airsoft Camp - or at least I think it's still running. 2 hour drive
    The Hive - Based in Tallaght - Indoor site 1 hour
    Tigerland - Based in Sligo.....haven't been, not sure distance wise
    Bellurgan - Near Dundalk

A quick google will get you more details and locations of the sites.

Without trying to play favourites, I go to Redbarn, Redhills or the Compound when I get the chance. Mainly down to the fact that they are closest.

I would Recommend going to as many of the sites as you can. Each have their own pros and cons which will appeal to some more than others.

Any more q's, pop me a PM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi cbsam74

I'm just after moving into Tullamore.
    I got into airsoft this year and like yourself am over 30.

I try and go to Redhills in Kildare every 2nd week.
    It's a great site and very welcoming , there's a mix of young and old and I certainly don't see anyone making an issue of age.

I went on my own the first day and you make friends fast.
    I wont be going to RedHills for a week or two due to moving house but PM me if your going and if I am I can meet ya there and show ya around.

Thanks lads, Ill PM ye if I have any more questions if thats ok. Its also great to have someone from Tullamore interested as well. Cheers:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

I didn't say from Tullamore , just moved there :)

sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭brianmax88

Hey i went airsoft for first time last weekend. Im from nenagh. I went to compound airsoft outside navan, it was brilliant setup i went on my own. Im going to limerick tommorrow to try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

There are a few guys around the Mullingar area.
    I'm near Horseleap/Moate myself.

Don't worry about the age. I started gaming at 30 and still loving it.
    (I'm 41 now!)

I try to game regularly at Redbarn, Fingal and the Compound.
    We also try and get to all other sites as well. Although not as often as the three mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

Hey man,

I'm from Tullamore also, but living in Clara now. I've been airsofting for around 4 years now.. I think, im not really sure it could be cause of all the headshots ive taken!! Welcome to the community!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hey man just out in the Walsh Island / Geashill area, never realised there is quite a few of us around here :) I know of a few more around here also!

Pity there no sites in our general vicinity! Nearest sites are an hour away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Redhills is only up the road man really, I've never been myself though :rolleyes:

YbFocus wrote: »
    Redhills is only up the road man really, I've never been myself though :rolleyes:

Yeah I haven't either. I usually go to the compound myself. I do a bit of the cqb in the hive and used to go to the office block and vacant when they were around too. Where do u go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭d.one

welcome to airsoft ,age is only a number mate im 39 i bring my 14 year old airsofting with me nearly every weekend ,im also from mullingar a few of us travel together its about an hour away from loads of sites tullamore is the same one of my friends is nearly 50 he is one of the best airsofters i know ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jayjayairsoft

ya iam in galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Hey man not long at airsoft myself was a bit weary of heading to a site on my own when i started. My first day was in the compound and had a brilliant day and met some great people. Remember everyone is there for the same thing so your not going to stick out and everyones friendly. Redhills is a nice site the guys the run it are sound and all the people that play there 2. oh and im in my mid 30s and only gaming the last 2 months or so.

Advertisement