Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from starting threads in AH :(

Options
  • 26-04-2013 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Hey. I've received a lifetime ban on starting threads in AH.
    SuperR directed me here so ill assume I'm to skip the PMing of mods, although I have, but heard nothing so ill go ahead with this thread.
    Anyway, I had a thread locked recently and looking back at it now, I understand it and regret starting it.
    I've had some bans when I first joined boards generally for starting too many threads, but in the last 18months and probably longer, I don't think I've even received an infraction. I even asked a mod at one stage if there were any issues with my posting just to be extra careful and was told that there were none any more.
    I think I've become quite a good poster and have looked back at threads I started over recent months and I doubt anyone could have issue with any of them. I feel this lifetime ban is a bit extreme, seeing as the majority of my posts are in AH, and was not trying to post maliciously.
    Is there any middle ground that can be made here?
    I don't think any of the mods would see my as a troublesome poster.
    I can see if you look at my early bans that I'm just a pain in the ass but I've really thought I was seen beyond that now.
    Anyway that's my side of things and hope this can be resolved to a lesser sentence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Why has my thread been moved to Help Desk?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Why has my thread been moved to Help Desk?

It was in the wrong forum.

Spear wrote: »
    It was in the wrong forum.

Are you sure?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you sure?

Uniquely sure.

Spear wrote: »
    Uniquely sure.
    Okay sorry I just thought it might have been a mistake. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

What exactly is the moderator issue here?

Can you give me some indication as to which locked thread you are referring to?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84264120

Ok so this is the thread which was locked and as a result I received a life time ban on starting threads in AH.
    I personally have no issues with Super-Rush, it just happened to be the mod who informed me of the ban.
    He told me I could appeal the decision in the dispute resolution forum, which I did and then my thread was moved here.
    I just thing the life time ban is unfair for me at this stage considering I've proved myself over time to be a trouble free poster.
    Also I can see how that thread is unsuitable for AH and probably for the whole site considering medical advice is not allowed here, but I was just asking a question to see if anyone else had experienced such an experience for want of a better word.

Now I'm back to thinking that this thread is actually in the wrong forum...:confused:

This thread is fine in this forum ... DRP is not the right place for it.

The thread you posted in AH was most definitely in the wrong forum, in fact, I'm struggling to think of a forum on boards where that thread would have a natural home.

I will talk to the AH mods, and get their side of it.

Leave it with me for today ...

I'm in a conversation with the AH mods now.

Stay tuned.

A small point of clarity - you've had bans & infractions in the last 8 months ... not 18 months.

I had a read through your most recent activity in AH ... and now my brain hurts.

This is EXACTLY the same situation we faced back in May 2011, prior to the 6 month AH ban.

I think the AH mods are being very restrained here.

You mention a "middle ground". What do you propose?

• Advertisement

Okay, but I don't recall any bans in a long time but obviously you're right if you say I have.
    I don't quite understand the "now my brain hurts" comment, not quite sure that was appropriate.
    When I mentioned a middle ground I was hoping for a temporary ban. As I previously said I can accept I was a troublesome poster in the past, but having one thread locked and receiving a lifetime ban seems beyond excessive.
    I think I should be afforded the benefit of the doubt frankly put, based on my posts over the last year or so.

Looking at the last few threads you've started ...

This thread makes my brain hurt

So does this one.

And this one.

Which reminded me of this one too.

And let's not forget this one.

I'm not being cryptic here TeddyTedson, those threads hurt my brain.

Now, you think you aren't a troublesome poster. The AH mods disagree.

You had a 6 month ban from starting threads last time ... and that did seem to focus your attention when you came back.

How about another 6 months, and you keep your nose clean at all times?

At the end of the 6 months, I'll encourage the AH mods to reconsider.

trout wrote: »
    Looking at the last few threads you've started ...

This thread makes my brain hurt

So does this one.

And this one.

Which reminded me of this one too.

And let's not forget this one.

I'm not being cryptic here TeddyTedson, those threads hurt my brain.

Now, you think you aren't a troublesome poster. The AH mods disagree.

You had a 6 month ban from starting threads last time ... and that did seem to focus your attention when you came back.

How about another 6 months, and you keep your nose clean at all times?

At the end of the 6 months, I'll encourage the AH mods to reconsider.
    I'd be more than happy with that,
    Thank you :)

As for those threads though, I can appreciate what you've said, but there's nothing malicious in them from my perspective. I mean a thread won't always be everyone's cup of tea. I suppose you could argue about the trivial nature of some of them.

Could I ask why the mods see me as a troublesome poster? I'm nothing being sour here, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind that. Or is a judgement of past reputation? I'm asking for feedback solely for the purpose of improvement, not a grievance.

I hope what I've typed makes sense, because now my brain hurts too, although for very different reasons :P

Thanks again anyway.

Think about the threads you are involved in.
    Think about those you start.
    Think especially about the threads that draw the ire of AH mods ... and then see how that might be seen as troublesome.

Now ... 6 months, nose clean. See you in October.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement