Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddles..

Options
  • 26-04-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

has anyone here tried / changed to one of the adamo saddles or anything similar, having awful hassle with my current saddle to the point of just putting me off doing any cycling at all.. its a ritchey comp.. i got the wife a more padded one with a hole in the middle and ive tried that and its not a lot better.. ive had a bike fit done and im happy enough that the saddle isnt too high.. so i think its time to change but seeing as the adamo saddles are expensive i wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them.. or has any other recomendations.. other than htfu of course..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I have a Adamo on my TT bike, but to be honest I haven't been on the bike enough to know how comfortable it really is. From what I remember Base2Race in Ballymount have a trial version you can get a lend of to try on your bike and see how you get on before you buy it. Alot of bike shops seem to be doing this now so probably your best bet.

On my holidays I rented a bike and it had a Fizik antares saddle and it was very very comfotable, keeping an eye out for a second hand one myself at the moment so would probably get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

I have the adamo road on my tt bike. Its great - soo much more comfortable than 'normal' saddle I had on (Prologo).

On the road bike though I just have the saddle than comes with a planet x.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

I use Adamo TT on road and TT bike. Its fantastic once you get used to it. Cant use a traditional saddle anymore, feels like a torture device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

il be in base2race in a few weeks but i cant see them letting me borrow a saddle for a week until im up that direction again .. looking at the selle italia saddles with the big cutout in the middle online as well.. will jump into local bike shop soon and see what they have.. going to try the wifes saddle again today and see is it any better

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

When i got my TT bike originally i couldnt sit on for more than 5 mins at a time, i was in agony, so i immediately and impulsively bought an Adamo on amazon. The risk paid off as its very comfortable i even did an iron distance on one However, i use a road saddle for the road bike.

If you were to buy an adamo and it worked it would be well worth it, however if it didnt im sure you would be able to sell it on no probs for a decent price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

If your wife's saddle is a women's specific saddle it probably won't suit you. Women's sit bones tend to be further apart so the saddles are designed for this. There is no such thing as a good saddle that suits everyone, it's trial & error to find one that fits you - if you can find a shop that lends out saddles then obviously that's the best option. Otherwise you're taking a chance - I went through 4 saddles before I found the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

I have the Adamo TT on my bike. I'm not going to lie it took awhile to break in, and still not 100% broken in BUT I wouldn't change it for the world. When in the actual TT position it is terrific no pain at all. Thinking of getting the road version for my road bike in the winter.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im very used to my road saddle, but I am struggling to break in an adamo on my tt bike, after many hours. I live in hope I will be a convert like everyone else once I break it in.

Advertisement