Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wigan Away

Options
  • 26-04-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

All massive games at this stage.
    Full strength side and I think we'll beat them.
    Lloris Walker Daws Vert BAE Parker Dembele Bale Lennon Holtby Defoe

Live on Setanta

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Can't see Lennon starting. Get the impression he won't start Defoe. Hudd wouldn't last 90mins.

Lloris
    Walker Daws Vert BAE
    Parker Dembele Holtby
    Bale Adebayor Siggurdsson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Agree bout Lennon. Keep him on the bench along with Hudd as back up. Defoe has to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Have to win this game. In reality we have to win every game but in times like this momentum is half the battle and winning might throw someone else off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I can see this being a horrible one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Think we will win it actually.

Start Hudd instead of Parker, Defoe for ade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Not at all the beauty of it is that they need a win as much as us so they'll have to come out and attack and we'll hit them on the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I can see Defoe going on a mini goal scoring streak starting tomorrow if selected, aint gonna happy with Hugggy Bear. You never know what to expect from Wigan, Jekyll & Hyde side if there ever was one. Need an early goal, I can see us scoring a few, they’ll self destruct by themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Every game a cup final from here on out. Huge game, hope the lads rise to the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Cant persist with Adebayor surely ? :confused: I can see Parker starting but Hudd replacing him at half time if the match is not going to plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Team will be I think

Lloris
    Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, BAE
    Holtby, Parker, Dembele, Siggurdsson
    Bale
    Defoe

With Hudd and Lennon to come on if needed.

Dempsey for Siggurdsson possible also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Start Lennon and Defoe,no messing around start your best team from the start and tear into them,Hudd for Parker? maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    Start Lennon and Defoe,no messing around start your best team from the start and tear into them,Hudd for Parker? maybe.

I've Spurs to win 4-1 and bale to score first at 100/1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Was really looking forward to seeing this tonight as I've finally got decent broadband in my house... Fly back to work a day early so wont have the luxury of decent broadband & working in the morning.. Gutted...

Dreaming of maximum points till the end of season just imagine. What a turnaround it would be compared to this time last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

your up late, irishmover, go to bed!

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    your up late, irishmover, go to bed!

It's 14:10 here in Brisbane mate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

irishmover wrote: »
    It's 14:10 here in Brisbane mate :(

oh sh1t its me thats up late. Come on the Spurs!

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    oh sh1t its me thats up late. Come on the Spurs!

Now you get my ranting about missing games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think if fit, Lennon has to start, even if he only plays 60 minutes. I could be wrong, but I can't really remember many games that Lennon came on as a sub and made a big impact. Start with the strongest team and go all out, then bring on the subs who will hopefully be as eager to impress. I'd also start Defoe as he'll be very hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Dont know why but I am more excited by this game than any this season so far. I think we are going to blow them away. I just feel the confidence is back and the nerves are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

slegs wrote: »
    Dont know why but I am more excited by this game than any this season so far. I think we are going to blow them away. I just feel the confidence is back and the nerves are gone.

That would be fantastic, especially as we're playing before Arsenal. It would turn the tables and put huge pressure on them before their game tomorrow.

• Advertisement

We play before arsenal for the next few games if I remember right not just Wigan. That could be crucial.

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Huddlestone, Parker; Dempsey, Defoe, Bale.

Friedel, Assou-Ekotto, Caulker, Carroll, Holtby, Lennon, Sigurdsson

Happy enough with that team. Will be interesting to see where Dembele plays. Lennon back on bench :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Are we going 4-5-1 today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Lennon should be starting. Best team out on the pitch fullstop and Lennon shoul be out there. Benny should be starting instead of naughton. Naughton is what I would call a Livermore type player ie not good enough for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Lennon should be starting. Best team out on the pitch fullstop and Lennon shoul be out there. Benny should be starting instead of naughton. Naughton is what I would call a Livermore type player ie not good enough for us

Ekotto very sloppy. Makes loads of mistakes. Is ade injured or dropped ?

I hope Dembele is playing central with Bale and Dempsey on the wings and Defoe up top. It should be either that or Bale in the centre and Dembele on the wing. Either way we should be seeing a 4-2-3-1.

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised to initially see a 4-3-3 with Dembele joining the midf duo before moving to 4-2-3-1 in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

COYS, we can do this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Parker and Hudd, interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Dont have setanta any good links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

COYS!!!!!!!

Advertisement