Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Initiation - new comic from Dark Horse

Options
  • 26-04-2013 1:27pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it's a good or bad sign that Dark Horse have taken over from Marvel but anyway, there'll be a new series kicking off with Spartan Palmer's origin (the female spartan from the Halo 4 campaign)
    Brian Reed, the comic writer who adapted the Halo: Fall of Reach novel into comic form in 2010 before joining 343 Industries to write the Halo 4 game, will write the books, with Marco Castiello (Star Wars: Purge) on art. Initiation is the origin story of Sarah Palmer, a character introduced in Halo 4. Although she appeared in the game as a commander of the Spartan forces, she was originally an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper; this series follows her career path.

HALOIN-1-FC-FNL660.jpg

source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/04/halo-initiation-comic/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dark Horse do some good licensed stuff so this should be a good move. I read the Bendis penned Marvel series, can't remember the name of it so that says how good it was.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Dark Horse do some good licensed stuff so this should be a good move. I read the Bendis penned Marvel series, can't remember the name of it so that says how good it was.

I think the only Dark Horse stuff I've read are Hellboy, some Sin City and a few of the Aliens Vs Predator. Enjoyed them all. I suppose the main advantage they have over marvel is they tend to make darker stuff, which I would like to see with Halo.

Advertisement