Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Account - Should I Close?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am living in Australia but still have money in my AIB account in Ireland, which I use whenever I go home. I am a bit confused by these new charges.

Will AIB be deducting money from my account to cover these charges even though I only ever use this account when I am in Ireland?

I am considering transferring money from this account into my Australian account. If I keep the account open but with no funds in it, will I be billed for the charges?

Am I best off to just close this account completely?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, you still will be paying a quarterly maintenance fee. So if you're not using it, and won't be in the future, you're probably best to close it off if you don't wish to be paying for it.

Advertisement